08-16-2019, 11:28 AM
  • Eskimo
  • Artisan & Custom Shaving Equipment
User Info
This one is a special brush and I don't expect it to last long.  It has just been listed at www.eliterazor.com.

Damascus Steel (26mm)

Damascus Steel, which technology only recently made available in a form that may be worked on a lathe.  Traditional Damascus Steel is a type of steel alloy that is both hard and flexible, a combination that made it ideal for the building of swords. It is said that when Damascus-made swords were first encountered by Ottomans during the Crusades, it garnered an almost mythical reputation—a Damascus steel blade was said to be able to cut a piece of silk in half as it fell to the ground, as well as being able to chop through normal blades, or even rock, without losing its sharp edge.
[Image: 4cRc6vZ.jpg][Image: T5QqXaM.jpg]

As always, thanks for looking.

Bob

4 515
 08-16-2019, 11:49 AM
User Info
Beautiful work Bob.  I'm not surprised it was gone in minutes.

60 9,453
 08-16-2019, 11:51 AM
  • Eskimo
User Info
(08-16-2019, 11:28 AM)Eskimo Wrote: This one is a special brush and I don't expect it to last long.  It has just been listed at www.eliterazor.com.

Damascus Steel (26mm)

Damascus Steel, which technology only recently made available in a form that may be worked on a lathe.  Traditional Damascus Steel is a type of steel alloy that is both hard and flexible, a combination that made it ideal for the building of swords. It is said that when Damascus-made swords were first encountered by Ottomans during the Crusades, it garnered an almost mythical reputation—a Damascus steel blade was said to be able to cut a piece of silk in half as it fell to the ground, as well as being able to chop through normal blades, or even rock, without losing its sharp edge.
[Image: 4cRc6vZ.jpg][Image: T5QqXaM.jpg]

Bob

18 minutes.  That's a quick as I've ever seen.

Bob

4 515
 08-16-2019, 11:52 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
WOW! I blinked...

15 3,655
 08-16-2019, 11:58 AM
User Info
I hope we can see the complete brush with the knot installed.

60 9,453
 08-18-2019, 10:25 AM
  • Eskimo
User Info
This brush is a Mokume-Gane fusion of Carbon and Copper.  It is a 24mm brush with the socket measuring 26mm across and the handle height is 75mm.  This brush has just been listed on my site. - SOLD

[Image: zl8DIkj.jpg][Image: gUIOITw.jpg]

I also have 1 piece remaining of each of the materials used for the brushes shown below.  Both pieces are of good size and can accommodate almost any handle style.  If you are interested in having a brush built from either of these materials, please let me know.

Mokume-Gane Cobalt and Carbon
[Image: kG1wSxN.jpg]

Damascus Steel
[Image: E3MYhZu.jpg]

Bob

4 515
 08-18-2019, 11:26 AM
  • Eskimo
User Info
(08-16-2019, 11:58 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I hope we can see the complete brush with the knot installed.

Here it is, ready to go to its new home tomorrow morning, fitted with a 26mm Manchurian White Fan knot.

[Image: rmlPstY.jpg]

4 515
 09-04-2019, 12:08 PM
  • Eskimo
User Info
I have just completed and listed the brushes shown below.  Both are exceptional.

Amboyna Burl - Two Tone  (24mm)
[Image: 0zWHCMr.jpg]

Deep Green and Gold Flakes (24mm)
[Image: 7yxGryI.jpg]

Bob

4 515
 09-10-2019, 10:02 AM
  • Eskimo
User Info
I just finished up the brush shown below this morning and it has been listed on my site.  It is a large handle (76mm in height) and will accept either a 26 or 28mm knot.  It is shown with a 26mm knot.

Chestnut Brown and Gold Flakes

[Image: a8DxJvH.jpg][Image: VOZwflT.jpg]

Bob

4 515
 09-15-2019, 09:30 AM
  • Eskimo
User Info
Another new brush that has just been listed and is available on my site.  I had built a custom order in this same color combination and was so impressed with the classic look of the result that I had to build another.  This brush is comprised of 3 resin components simulating Briar Burl, Ivory and Ebony.  It is shown with a 26mm knot, but can be adjusted to accept a 28mm knot.

Briar, Ivory and Ebony (26 - 28mm)

[Image: zFImegr.jpg][Image: kUSSjS0.jpg]

Bob

4 515
 09-15-2019, 11:51 AM
  • Sully
  • Super Moderator
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
That's a stunning brush Bob.

12 2,144
 09-15-2019, 01:50 PM
  • Eskimo
User Info
(09-15-2019, 11:51 AM)Sully Wrote: That's a stunning brush Bob.

Thanks, Shawn.

4 515
 09-16-2019, 03:41 PM
  • Eskimo
User Info
I finished up 2 more brushes this afternoon.  Both have gold flakes floating in a tinted base.  Check them out at www.eliterazor.com

Emerald Green (26 - 28mm)
[Image: xEZrk0m.jpg][Image: 8y0ohrz.jpg]

Fiery Red - (26mm)
[Image: LpcPBOZ.jpg][Image: DmBGwFz.jpg]

Bob

4 515
 6 hours ago
  • Eskimo
User Info
I recently came across some amazing Buckeye burl.  The figure in this wood is unbelievable.  The grain reminds me of an Edvard Munch or M. C. Escher print.  These brushes have just been listed on my site.

Buckeye burl grows in the central states of the US.   The botanical name for the Buckeye is Aesculus, from “Aesculapius,” the name of the mythological Greek god of medicine.  The common name “Buckeye” was derived from the Native Americans who noticed that the glossy, chestnut-brown seeds with the lighter circular “eye” looked very similar to the eye of a buck (male) deer.  Some believe that the buckeye relieves rheumatism pain and provides good fortune when carried in the pockets of their garments or worn as an amulet around the neck. Instantly dubbed “buckeye” in frontier speech, the mysterious nut was used as a general cure-all for generations.  As a result, citizens of Ohio became known as “Buckeyes.” The buckeye tree was officially adapted as the state tree on October 2, 1953. 

Buckeye Burl (26mm)
[Image: gNDaRdg.jpg]

Buckeye Burl (26mm)
[Image: g2wxqRN.jpg]

Bob

4 515