08-22-2020, 12:38 PM
  • Eskimo
  • Artisan & Custom Shaving Equipment
User Info
I recently received an email from a gentleman who was disappointed that when he went to find a brush I had posted as available, it was out of stock.  He felt I was merely posting a picture of "out of stock" or limited items in order to garner traffic to my site.  The brush in question sold within 10 minutes of being posted (it was a really nice brush) and was correctly reflected as out of stock at the time he visited my site.

I want to take this opportunity to re-introduce (or introduce to the new members) myself and my business.  I am a one-man shop and have been building shaving gear for almost 15 years.  Every razor or brush you see listed on my site shares one attribute in common, they were all built by me, by hand, in my shop and they are all unique.  Consequently, each item I post is a 1 of 1 piece and by definition, a limited item.  When it is sold, it is gone.  Some pieces find a home right away and others remain in inventory for a while.

I truly enjoy turning these pieces and I thank all of you who have supported my work over the years.  For me, it is a labor of love that I hope to enjoy for many more years to come.  

Now that is off my chest, below are two new pieces I just completed today and are now listed and available on my site at www.eliterazor.com.

Arizona Jade (26mm)

Arizona Jade or North American Jade, also known as Jadeite is found in areas from the southwest up to Montana.  Jade stone is very hard and was shaped into tools by Neolithic people.  The Aztecs, Mayas and other North American peoples of Mexico and Central America carved Jadeite for use as ornaments, amulets and badges of rank.
[Image: z8NaQzR.jpg][Image: w20CDzh.jpg]

Wild Horse Jasper (26mm)

Wild Horse Jasper is associated with the birthstone month of January.  Wild Horse Jasper is named for the location where it is mined, at the Wild Horse Canyon in Oregon. It belongs to the family of quartz. The name is Greek in origin, meaning “spotted or speckled stone” and Jasper was a favorite gemstone of ancient times and can be traced back to Greek, Hebrew, Persian, Latin, and Assyrian literature.  In mythology, Jasper is said to have powers to keep evil and fatal insect or reptile bites at bay.  This particularly handsome Wild Horse Jasper stone is prized for its' crimson and jet-black veins.
[Image: Rq6692j.jpg][Image: HYJjY7s.jpg]

As always, thanks for looking.

Bob

4 608
 08-31-2020, 02:13 PM
  • Eskimo
User Info
Well, I've had my head down and spent a good bit of time in the shop recently, satisfying some custom orders and building some new pieces for the site in between.  The first couple of pieces shown below are the custom work I just finished, followed by the pieces that have just been listed at www.eliterazor.com

Custom Work:

Curly Mango with alternating Copper Laced Onyx bands
[Image: JlUImAV.jpg]

Honduran Rosewood Burl
[Image: D3MlIKR.jpg]

Mokume-Gane fusion of Copper and Carbon
[Image: BlmjXgq.jpg]

Multiple segments of resin with a band of Desert Ironwood bracketed by Brass rings
[Image: HzIIxYE.jpg]

Newly added pieces:

Ivory with a black band over Red and Silver (26mm)
[Image: N2bSgBI.jpg]

Ivory over Blue and Silver (26mm)
[Image: 32vPvXB.jpg]

Black and White Ebony (24mm)

Black and White Ebony is found in Southeast Asia and Laos.  Black & White Ebony is considered to be a rare find and is one of the more expensive timbers on the commercial market. A heavy wood, the core is cream colored with gray and brilliant black marble shading.  Black and White Ebony is used primarily for woodcrafts and decorative items.
[Image: tMQfA5R.jpg]

Honduran Rosewood Burl - Gallery Grade (24mm)
[Image: fEf5CmP.jpg]

Bob

4 608
 09-02-2020, 03:44 PM
  • Eskimo
User Info
I just completed this handle today.  It was from a pour I did several months ago and had been sitting patiently on my bench for too long.  Although I had poured several different colors, the outside of the resulting blank was all brown.  Imagine my surprise as I started turning away material and exposed what was underneath that brown veneer.  Shown below are 4 pictures, each after a 1/4 turn, to show how the color combinations move around this handle. 

I only wish I had turned it sooner so I would remember how the pour went.

Multicolor (26mm)

[Image: 7ng0IZ6.jpg][Image: zLlhKLH.jpg]
[Image: AaTKgwA.jpg][Image: htYNll7.jpg]

Bob

4 608
 09-12-2020, 08:57 AM
  • Eskimo
User Info
I've been working the past couple of weeks to put together a very nice selection of metal, wood, stone and resin brushes.  The brushes shown below will go live on my site at www.eliterazor.com at 5:00 pm Eastern Time today.

Please take a look and see if there is something you might like to see in your den.

White over Blue and Green with a Copper accent ring (24mm)
[Image: FLo82h4.jpg]

Black and Gold Resin over Transparent Green (26mm)
[Image: H7uLjKN.jpg]

Mokume-Gane fusion of Cobalt and Gold (24mm)
[Image: umnW0op.jpg]

Ivory over Blue and Orange with Brass and Black accent rings (26mm)
[Image: GxYAexe.jpg]

Larimar (26mm)
[Image: GeGBTGL.jpg]

Ivory over Blue, Green and Orange (26mm)
[Image: tdVlNpL.jpg]

Flaming Orange over Irish Bog Oak (26mm)
[Image: AZvP1CC.jpg]

Maple Burl with 4 Chrysocolla inserts (26mm)
[Image: 9Pk0xY0.jpg]

Black and White Ebony (26mm)
[Image: uWMOAY9.jpg]

Masur Birch (24mm) - This is a very rare and beautiful wood.  This is the first time I've seen it in over 10 years
[Image: k4QSZPE.jpg]

Burl and Resin  (24mm)
[Image: VrqESKo.jpg]

Bob

4 608
 09-18-2020, 01:21 PM
  • Eskimo
User Info
Two new brushes have just been listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com.  The Afzelia burl is a Gallery Grade specimen, showing a bit of the figured sapwood along with the burled heartwood.  The Multicolor brush is made of brilliantly bright colors and changes dramatically as the handle is turned.

Afzelia Burl (26mm)
[Image: 62lPFT3.jpg][Image: cg4WzM0.jpg]

Multicolor (26mm)
[Image: 2MymQyL.jpg][Image: NFgGVob.jpg]

Bob

4 608