07-08-2015, 06:26 PM
User Info
(07-08-2015, 04:03 PM)squatzilla801 Wrote: K

(07-08-2015, 03:48 PM)Chiefbroom Wrote: Ah, yes, my PRECIOUS!

I heard the next LE might be a run of Pooney's.

24  I think one Pooney is enough!

15 771
 07-08-2015, 09:07 PM
  • ncguy1
  • TARHEEL
  • North Carolina
User Info
(07-08-2015, 01:56 PM)Johnny Wrote: I got a new razor today and will have another new razor either tomorrow or Friday.  And some new soap by Friday or Saturday.  I'm a happy camper.
Would this happen to be the King Pelican from Shave Ready?

18 260
 07-08-2015, 10:18 PM
User Info
I'm not mad at all I had one in my cart and went to paypal realized it was a us so went back added a non US one and got to paypal hot change payment method and then I got the dreaded no longer available! I will be hunting the BST though lol and if nothing else I did just get two beautiful paladins from cheifbroom a few weeks ago!

1 109
 07-09-2015, 05:53 AM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(07-08-2015, 09:07 PM)ncguy1 Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 01:56 PM)Johnny Wrote: I got a new razor today and will have another new razor either tomorrow or Friday.  And some new soap by Friday or Saturday.  I'm a happy camper.

The one arriving tomorrow is the King Pelican.

175 23,752
 07-09-2015, 05:59 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
(07-09-2015, 05:53 AM)Johnny Wrote:

Sounds like a great day (or week)! I am with you Johnny and others- I tend to be an optimist and focus on what I have not what I don't. I can also easily differentiate between what I want and what I need.

Different strokes for different folks and all but I frankly was surprised at many of the reactions to what for me was a GREAT experience, regardless of whether I receive a LE brush or not. Kept me entertained for months!

Learned a ton that I didn't know about tooling brushes, small batch manufacturing and feel we got to know an Artisan in a different way that was both unusual and unexpected.

What's not to like?

Enjoy that new gear and look forward to your SOTD pics!

2 1,180
 07-09-2015, 06:07 AM
  • ncguy1
  • TARHEEL
  • North Carolina
User Info
(07-09-2015, 05:53 AM)Johnny Wrote:

Congrats Johnny that is one sweet SR. I got my funds ready and went to buy it and as you already know it was gone! I hope to see it in the SOTD thread soon.

18 260
 07-09-2015, 07:30 AM
User Info
(07-08-2015, 11:13 AM)monarch2001 Wrote: With all due respect, the amount available and the distribution was not very well thought out. Last year, Mark at Simpsons made 250 available, which appeard to be more than demand required. Perhaps 200 would have been the correct amount. Now, we go to the opposite extreme and make so few that most members are left wanting.

Not TSN's shining hour.

(07-08-2015, 02:12 PM)rajkalra Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 01:53 PM)hrfdez Wrote: Do I sense a lot of frustration over a brush?   Eyepop
I don't think the right word here is frustration, its more of a feeling of despair,

NO DISRESPECT TOWARDS ANYONE

we, in this forum are not here to make a profit by selling this brush at a later time
but to show how much we appreciate the talents of Mr.Ken, Mr.Sabini and the hardworking people of our forum who made this sale happen 
above all in this we share our love for wet shaving

when u know there are umpteen number of people who want a quality product, some thought should be given to that fact!!!
 its 330 in the morning here and i still cannot understand 27 seconds to sell out 
how can u say thats fair 
was the demand miscalculated 
or have we now become so materialistic in this forum that we want exclusivity about a product and make a ridiculously small amount so the demand is maintained 
just my thoughts 
raj

Excuse me, but I could not help but make a comment.  It's funny because the both of you basically say, "with all do respect," then proceed to degrade the overwhelming amount of thought, time, effort, work and dedication that was put into this LE sale.

The common factor in both comments is demand.  How will demand be met with a limited edition release?  The whole point of a limited number is just that, low numbers for those lucky enough to get one, SO LONG AS the opportunity (not quantity) to get one is fair for all.  Demand will not be met because demand was never meant to be satisfied.  100 was the number Lee, Ken, Cody and Mrs. Chief agreed was good for their FIRST ever LE brush, which is amazing in and of itself especially considering Dark Holler is barely out of it's infancy as a business; they don't even have a running website to take standard Paladin orders for goodness sake.  

What's fair is the equal opportunity afforded to every member in getting one.  It is not about being so materialistic that "we demand low numbers just because we're snobs."  It is not about competing with other LE releases that had over 200 items; which oddly enough according to others a good percentage of that release was left in stock for quite some time.  

By simply comparing this release to another is sad.  The other release was put together by a company that wouldn't break a sweat or bat an eye with an order under 300, yet there's somehow expectations that a 4 person team can compete with that from their home; to include several trips over the pond?

Yes, this left people wanting, which is exactly what a Limited Edition is supposed to do.  It is unfortunate that many people did not get one, but that's just how it is.

With that said, I would like to thank Ken, Mrs. Chief/Ken, Cody, and Ravi for this world class release, and hands down one of the best wet shaving forum experiences I've seen.  The amount of communication and transparency with the members here, the level of dedication, attention to detail and just plain ol' heart is bar none.  It was an absolute pleasure to follow the thread, while eagerly awaiting any updates, not to mention SOTD's filled with members and their standard order Paladins which only amped up the excitement for what will undoubtedly be a phenomenal brush.

I wish Dark Holler nothing but the best and hope for continued success as you grow.  Hopefully I can place an order for a Marble Butterscotch PK47 once you're website is up and running.

Also congratulations to those of you who were lucky enough to get such a Limited brush.

0 30
 07-09-2015, 07:31 AM
  • Entasis
  • Atop the Razor's Edge
  • Southern California
User Info
Who were all the team players that made this possible? I know most of them, but who comprises the complete list? Thank you.

12 604
 07-09-2015, 07:37 AM
User Info
Can't forget their dog who was on guard duty.

0 30
 07-09-2015, 07:38 AM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(07-09-2015, 07:31 AM)Entasis Wrote: Who were all the team players that made this possible? I know most of them, but who comprises the complete list? Thank you.

I think this list would be:

Ken
Cody
Mrs. Ken
Lee
Phil
Ravi

175 23,752
 07-09-2015, 07:42 AM
User Info
(07-09-2015, 07:30 AM)elRook Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 11:13 AM)monarch2001 Wrote: With all due respect, the amount available and the distribution was not very well thought out. Last year, Mark at Simpsons made 250 available, which appeard to be more than demand required. Perhaps 200 would have been the correct amount. Now, we go to the opposite extreme and make so few that most members are left wanting.

Not TSN's shining hour.

(07-08-2015, 02:12 PM)rajkalra Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 01:53 PM)hrfdez Wrote: Do I sense a lot of frustration over a brush?   Eyepop
I don't think the right word here is frustration, its more of a feeling of despair,

we, in this forum are not here to make a profit by selling this brush at a later time
but to show how much we appreciate the talents of Mr.Ken, Mr.Sabini and the hardworking people of our forum who made this sale happen 

when u know there are umpteen number of people who want a quality product, some thought should be given to that fact!!!
 its 330 in the morning here and i still cannot understand 27 seconds to sell out 
how can u say thats fair 
or have we now become so materialistic in this forum that we want exclusivity about a product and make a ridiculously small amount so the demand is maintained 
just my thoughts 
raj

Excuse me, but I could not help but make a comment.  It's funny because the both of you basically say, "with all do respect," then proceed to degrade the overwhelming amount of thought, time, effort, work and dedication that was put into this LE sale.

The common factor in both comments is demand.  How will demand be met with a limited edition release?  The whole point of a limited number is just that, low numbers for those lucky enough to get one, SO LONG AS the opportunity (not quantity) to get one is fair for all.  Demand will not be met because demand was never meant to be satisfied.  100 was the number Lee, Ken, Cody and Mrs. Chief agreed was good for their FIRST ever LE brush, which is amazing in and of itself especially considering Dark Holler is barely out of it's infancy as a business; they don't even have a running website to take standard Paladin orders for goodness sake.  

What's fair is the equal opportunity afforded to every member in getting one.  It is not about being so materialistic that "we demand low numbers just because we're snobs."  It is not about competing with other LE releases that had over 200 items; which oddly enough according to others a good percentage of that release was left in stock for quite some time.  

By simply comparing this release to another is sad.  The other release was put together by a company that wouldn't break a sweat or bat an eye with an order under 300, yet there's somehow expectations that a 4 person team can compete with that from their home; to include several trips over the pond?

Yes, this left people wanting, which is exactly what a Limited Edition is supposed to do.  It is unfortunate that many people did not get one, but that's just how it is.

With that said, I would like to thank Ken, Mrs. Chief/Ken, Cody, and Ravi for this world class release, and hands down one of the best wet shaving forum experiences I've seen.  The amount of communication and transparency with the members here, the level of dedication, attention to detail and just plain ol' heart is bar none.  It was an absolute pleasure to follow the thread, while eagerly awaiting any updates, not to mention SOTD's filled with members and their standard order Paladins which only amped up the excitement for what will undoubtedly be a phenomenal brush.

I wish Dark Holler nothing but the best and hope for continued success as you grow.  Hopefully I can place an order for a Marble Butterscotch PK47 once you're website is up and running.

Also congratulations to those of you who were lucky enough to get such a Limited brush.

I think this dog has been beaten long enough.  The next step is for the new owners to enjoy their new brushes and to issue the customary review.  Any other comments like this one, are just irrelevant and provocative at this time.

61 3,796
 07-09-2015, 07:54 AM
  • Entasis
  • Atop the Razor's Edge
  • Southern California
User Info
(07-09-2015, 07:38 AM)Johnny Wrote:
(07-09-2015, 07:31 AM)Entasis Wrote: Who were all the team players that made this possible? I know most of them, but who comprises the complete list? Thank you.

I think this list would be:

Ken
Cody
Mrs. Ken
Lee
Phil
Ravi

Johnny,

You forgot the Lynn family's dog: Hank! To all of you, many thanks! From the first pictorials, it was obvious that this was going to be special. The pace at which Ravi and Ken kept members informed was outstanding. The first-class photography was welcome and enjoyable as were the video snippets. The way the Lynn family welcomed us into their house added an aspect of hospitality rarely experienced on shaving forums. It is no wonder these brushes sold-out so quickly as it was the most engaging process for a product to date.

Respectfully,
Jim

12 604
 07-09-2015, 08:00 AM
User Info
(07-09-2015, 07:42 AM)hrfdez Wrote: I think this dog has been beaten long enough.  The next step is for the new owners to enjoy their new brushes and to issue the customary review.  Any other comments like this one, are just irrelevant and provocative at this time.

Duly noted, I apologize for any provocation.

0 30
 07-09-2015, 08:06 AM
User Info
(07-09-2015, 08:00 AM)elRook Wrote:
(07-09-2015, 07:42 AM)hrfdez Wrote: I think this dog has been beaten long enough.  The next step is for the new owners to enjoy their new brushes and to issue the customary review.  Any other comments like this one, are just irrelevant and provocative at this time.

Duly noted, I apologize for any provocation.

None necessary, I understand your points, but I'm sure Ken will like us to concentrate on the positive, after all he and his family busted their chops to make this happen.

Welcome to TSN Wink

61 3,796
 07-09-2015, 08:06 AM
User Info
(07-09-2015, 07:42 AM)hrfdez Wrote:
(07-09-2015, 07:30 AM)elRook Wrote:

Not TSN's shining hour.

(07-08-2015, 02:12 PM)rajkalra Wrote: I don't think the right word here is frustration, its more of a feeling of despair,

how can u say thats fair 
just my thoughts 
raj

I think this dog has been beaten long enough.  The next step is for the new owners to enjoy their new brushes and to issue the customary review.  Any other comments like this one, are just irrelevant and provocative at this time.

Didn't realize you were a moderator here. Congrats.

52 476
 07-09-2015, 08:07 AM
User Info
(07-09-2015, 08:06 AM)squatzilla801 Wrote: 24 B
(07-09-2015, 07:42 AM)hrfdez Wrote:
(07-09-2015, 07:30 AM)elRook Wrote: Excuse me, but I could not help but make a comment.  It's funny because the both of you basically say, "with all do respect," then proceed to degrade the overwhelming amount of thought, time, effort, work and dedication that was put into this LE sale.

Didn't realize you were a moderator here. Congrats.

Really?  Grow up!

Congratulations on making the Ignore Hall of Fame 24

61 3,796
 07-09-2015, 08:14 AM
User Info
Well since I am one of the moderators, I'm locking this thread now before it degrades any more. For those who got a Paladin LE, enjoy the brush - we who didn't get one for one reason or another are looking forward to the reviews of it.

3 4,370