07-06-2015, 06:47 AM
User Info
So, I'm gonna get a bottle of T&H splash, and I've narrowed the selection down to Spanish Leather and Grafton. This month I just can't justify getting both in one go unfortunately.

Has anyone got any experience with these? How would you describe the respective scents, aftershave efficiency etc?

Thank you.

0 40
 07-06-2015, 07:24 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Peregrino,

I have used Truefitt & Hill's Spanish Leather for years. I dare say, it is my preferred aftershave/cologne. The fragrance is intriguing in its spicy top notes and woodsy and leathery base. Grafton starts floral and adds bits of wood and amber and a hint of leather. I like both, although I prefer Spanish Leather. Trumper also has a Spanish Leather, but it is different from Truefitt & Hill's; it is soapy clean, sweet, with some leather. That has been a regular in the shave den, too. All good stuff.

153 3,127
 07-06-2015, 12:15 PM
User Info
Many thanks, sir.

How long does the scent stick? Not too long I'd imagine, as they sell it as cologne as well.

0 40
 07-06-2015, 04:24 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
The scent last long enough, I like to think. Obviously, several hours later it is not as strong as when you applied it, but the hint of it lingers, and I like that. Good stuff. Well, I have never bought bad stuff from Truefitt & Hill yet. Everything they produce is quality.

153 3,127
 07-06-2015, 04:33 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
T&H Spanish Leather is one of my favorite scents. I'm probably going to add the EdT, so the scent will last a little longer. I have yet to try Grafton, but after Obie's description, I think that I'll also put that on my list.

38 5,194
 07-06-2015, 04:52 PM
User Info
T&H Spanish Leather  cologne is one of my favorites.  I tried the Trumper Spanish Leather but did not like it as well.  I usually have 4 or 5 colognes in my rotation at any given time.  The T&H Spanish Leather is the only one that has always been there continually for the past four years.

50 6,407