07-06-2015, 07:21 PM
  • KRpdx
  • Portland, OR
User Info
I've got plenty of great soaps that are light and bright, citrusy and floral...but my wheels are already turning toward fall and winter. What artisan soaps would you recommend that have plenty of spice, some crisp woods and a little bit of sweet?

Although very different scent profiles, I've had MW Adirondack Jack and Marrakesh, and Strop Shoppe Bay Rum, and like them. I'm looking for similar clean, hefty fragrances, but not edgy (I'm not real fond of a lot of patchouli, clove, smoke, fall leaves, dirt, etc.). It's so  difficult to describe fragrances; hope that makes sense. Thanks for suggesting any favorites.

12 165
 07-06-2015, 07:26 PM
User Info
Catie's bubbles made an awesome apple cinnamon scented soap last fall

phoenix accouterments then petal pusher fancies made one as well but had a little too much earthiness to it for me. Smelled like spiced apples with dead leaves. Their pumpkin pi (or whatever its called now) is one of the best scents i've ever smelled. dead on pumpkin pie

6 56
 07-06-2015, 07:30 PM
  • pc4406
  • Vintage Shearer
  • San Francisco
User Info
I see you are from Portland. You should try Tim's Soaps, Columbia River. Great performance and I think it hits what you want in terms of scent.

73 302
 07-07-2015, 02:23 AM
User Info
I would say Mystic Waters Poggio Dei Pini hits your points. In fact from what you describe I would be very surprised if you didn't like it.

4 642
 07-07-2015, 06:23 AM
User Info
(07-07-2015, 02:23 AM)Windsor Citrus Wrote: I would say Mystic Waters Poggio Dei Pini hits your points. In fact from what you describe I would be very surprised if you didn't like it.

Signs011   Mystic Water Frankincense & Myrrh and Sandalwood Rose are also very nice. Cold River Fall is excellent and befitting of its name.

83 21,077