07-07-2015, 04:10 AM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
Wanting a new Schick seeing as how one of mine broke and the other is malfunctioned. So I'm asking, should I go with another E or look into the dial adjustable? I also have a Personna that was made for a while but it's not for me. I love the E, but wondering if there might be a better SE out there? I know there are some SE experts on here so just looking for some input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 970
 07-07-2015, 07:09 AM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
Not an expert exactly, but I have used them from Type A through the O.  I've a relatively gnarly beard, and the Type M Adjustable is my favorite, wide open it is more efficient than an E, but still a smooth effortless shave.  They appear regularly on the 'Bay, often overpriced sadly.  Because of the adjustability and resultant moving parts it isn't as bombproof as an E, but they are still pretty durable.  I'd say look one up!

44 473
 07-07-2015, 08:18 AM
User Info
(07-07-2015, 07:09 AM)garyg Wrote: Not an expert exactly, but I have used them from Type A through the O.  I've a relatively gnarly beard, and the Type M Adjustable is my favorite, wide open it is more efficient than an E, but still a smooth effortless shave.  They appear regularly on the 'Bay, often overpriced sadly.  Because of the adjustability and resultant moving parts it isn't as bombproof as an E, but they are still pretty durable.  I'd say look one up!

+1. I keep an E for travel but my M is my go to Schick.

147 3,537
 07-07-2015, 08:48 AM
User Info
I had an E and just didn't like it... I would suggest any. Type  I or later. They're not as harsh but still give a very close shave.

18 713
 07-07-2015, 09:18 AM
User Info
The N-types gave me the best shaves ever, in collaboration with NOS Schick Plus Platinum blades. Once the blades ran out and I was forced into using more modern versions, the shaves became ordinary, and I gave up the injector entirely. I still rue the day.

29 1,776
 07-07-2015, 06:13 PM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
Going to be an each to own, ETO, or as more familiarly known, a YMMV.  Nice thing about the Schick's designations (they were made up by an enthusiast named Alan Appleby, not by Company designation) is that generally they get milder as the alphabet increases.  F is about as far as I can get a close shave without multiple passes ..

44 473
 07-07-2015, 07:00 PM
User Info
E2 with the head that opens. This makes loading blades, removing blades, and cleaning the razor head much more practical.

31 8,057
 07-08-2015, 03:41 AM
User Info
While I do appreciate the adjustable, I find the handle a bit long. My preference is the I2 Hydro Magic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 371
 07-11-2015, 07:45 PM
User Info
(07-07-2015, 04:10 AM)tsimmns Wrote: Wanting a new Schick seeing as how one of mine broke and the other is malfunctioned.  So I'm asking, should I go with another E or look into the dial adjustable?  I also have a Personna that was made for a while but it's not for me.  I love the E, but wondering if there might be a better SE out there?  I know there are some SE experts on here so just looking for some input.

Well obviously, get one of each.  Thumbup

Seriously, I have 8 Schick injectors, including an adjustable, but the E is the one I reach for most often. 

Still, everybody should have an adjustable.

--Bob

0 185