07-07-2015, 08:49 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
Hi all, I have a number of go-to soaps, both tallow and non-tallow, that combine great performance with pleasant scents. One of the most recent for me that I hardly see any mention of on TSN is the Soap Commander vegan line.

I currently have Courage & Passion with Confidence on the way.

The tubs are generous and very easy to load from. The soap(s) are on the hard side which I prefer personally as a face latherer. The performance is stellar with great cushion, slickness and post shave [likely due to the shea butter].

And the scents are so well balanced I find myself sniffing the tubs between shaves. If looking for a great example of a citrus/peppercorn/cedar Courage is the finest I have directly tried- just fantastic.

Customer service is top notch on top of it all.

Any other fans within the community? Jus wondering if I am the only one... Wink

2 1,180
 07-07-2015, 09:13 AM
User Info
Hi, I enjoy using Soap Commander too, I actually have confidence and as you say it is a great performer thick and slick with great packaging. Very well thought out. The bay rum scent IMO is similar to Benjamin's bay rum (from ebay) it is cheap but still one I enjoy a lot. One day I will get some courage (no pun intended) sounds like a great scent profile.

0 847
 07-07-2015, 09:19 AM
User Info
Soap Commander is great stuff. I prefer tallow soaps with lanolin but the tub of courage I have is still on my bathroom sink and the others are in my soap storage bins. I believe they are going to come out with a aftershave splash too....

1 43
 07-07-2015, 09:23 AM
User Info
Soap Commander provides a great shave.
The Rose is a lovely scent, the aftershave balm, with its menthol compliments the soap greatly.

39 3,949
 07-07-2015, 09:32 AM
User Info
I enjoy soap commander passion. It's better than most soaps but not the best in my opinion. Really like the container the soap comes in, and post shave is excellent.

3 1,356
 07-07-2015, 12:41 PM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
There are a few of us out there then! I am looking forward to getting the Confidence later this week- I normally shy away from Patchouli but Courage, like Confidence, includes it and I not only don't mind but really like the way they combine scents.

2 1,180
 07-07-2015, 01:05 PM
User Info
Confidence is my favorite scent from Soap Commander. I have Confidence, Vision, and Courage and they are all wonderful but Confidence has a special place in my heart. The patchouli in Confidence is not overwhelming, but is well balanced by the Honey and Musk. I tend to prefer Tallow based soaps as well but when it comes to Soap Commander I honestly dont even notice that its not there. I also think that this soap has top notch post shave qualities which rival many tallow soaps.

3 78
 07-07-2015, 03:15 PM
User Info
Love Courage! Hesitant to pick another due to my not liking patchouli. I know there is some in Courage and I hardly notice it but I'm wary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 391
 07-07-2015, 03:41 PM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
(07-07-2015, 03:15 PM)Mitchcumsteen Wrote: Love Courage!  Hesitant to pick another due to my not liking patchouli. I know there is some in Courage and I hardly notice it but I'm wary.

I am with you... I spray for hippies twice a month Wink Kidding aside, patchouli is a scent that not only do I not like but actually find repulsive. Courage is wonderful and I took a flyer on Confidence, due mainly to one of the reviews that I found both hilarious and helpful: 

"I used to hate patchouli...just the mention of the word summoned up images of dirty hippies. No offense intended to actual dirty hippies. But holy cow...this does NOT smell like your traditional patchouli. It's not pungent in the slightest."

It is scheduled for delivery tomorrow and will post a thought or two once it gets here.

2 1,180
 07-07-2015, 03:43 PM
User Info
LOL! I appreciate the agreement. I've been to far too many Dead shows...its burned into my senses.

Confidence may be on deck!

20 391
 07-07-2015, 04:35 PM
User Info
I have Soap Commander Vision aftershave balm and love the scent and performance. The menthol is just right and it does not leave my skin greasy at all. I will be trying a shave soap next, probably rose or passion. I might do vision since I have the balm but the peppermint is stronger than I prefer for a soap,  but nice for an AS if that makes any sense.

13 947
 07-07-2015, 04:50 PM
User Info
I love Soap Commander, I think the performance is great. I am a tallow guy like yourself but this soap is one of few began soaps that performs in a similar way. 

I haven't found a scent I loved but I have liked all that I have tried. The new summer scent - raspberry lemonade - has me intrigued but I have promised myself no more full tubs of soap for a little while, now all I have to do is source a sample of it!

4 642
 07-07-2015, 05:36 PM
User Info
(07-07-2015, 04:35 PM)Hobbyist Wrote: I have Soap Commander Vision aftershave balm and love the scent and performance. The menthol is just right and it does not leave my skin greasy at all. I will be trying a shave soap next, probably rose or passion. I might do vision since I have the balm but the peppermint is stronger than I prefer for a soap,  but nice for an AS if that makes any sense.

Makes perfect sense! I thought I was literally the only one who thought this way lol. I had vision soap/balm, sold the soap as I don't care for mint in my soap but love the A/S.

4 89
 07-07-2015, 05:43 PM
User Info
(07-07-2015, 04:50 PM)Windsor Citrus Wrote: I love Soap Commander, I think the performance is great. I am a tallow guy like yourself but this soap is one of few began soaps that performs in a similar way. 

I haven't found a scent I loved but I have liked all that I have tried. The new summer scent - raspberry lemonade - has me intrigued but I have promised myself no more full tubs of soap for a little while, now all I have to do is source a sample of it!

Go to soapcommander.com and you can buy 0.65 ounce square sample blocks of shaving soaps for $2.00 each. They also have a deal for 9 samples for $14.00 but it excludes some of the popular ones. And SC offers 10% veterans and active duty discount.

13 947
 07-07-2015, 05:46 PM
User Info
I would say that Soap Commander is the pinnacle of all artisan vegan shave soaps currently. I've smelled almost all of the scents and the performance is identical across the board. I can have very sensitive skin and so far only a single SC offering has bothered me. The Thanksliving soap had cinnamon in it and while it was an amazing scent my skin couldn't tolerate that ingredient. 

Soaps I still have from them include Vision, Respect, Passion, Resolution, Renewal, Inspiration, & Gusto. Most with the matching balm and I don't even like most balms. 

My favorite is the current seasonal selection (yes, I am a member of their Seasonal Scent Crew as well) Gusto which is an amazing sweet and tart raspberry lemonade. My second favorite would be the Winter seasonal called Resolution. 

Soap Commander is one of the slickest soaps out there with great cushion as well when the lather is optimized. Post shave skincare is well above average but not up there with the butter, tallow, and lanolin loaded offerings of course. But still, not too far behind.

31 8,058
 07-07-2015, 05:48 PM
User Info
(07-07-2015, 05:46 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: I would say that Soap Commander is the pinnacle of all artisan vegan shave soaps currently. I've smelled almost all of the scents and the performance is identical across the board. I can have very sensitive skin and so far only a single SC offering has bothered me. The Thanksliving soap had cinnamon in it and while it was an amazing scent my skin couldn't tolerate that ingredient. 

Soaps I still have from them include Vision, Respect, Passion, Resolution, Renewal, Inspiration, & Gusto. Most with the matching balm and I don't even like most balms. 

My favorite is the current seasonal selection (yes, I am a member of their Seasonal Scent Crew as well) Gusto which is an amazing sweet and tart raspberry lemonade. My second favorite would be the Winter seasonal called Resolution. 

Soap Commander is one of the slickest soaps out there with great cushion as well when the lather is optimized. Post shave skincare is well above average but not up there with the butter, tallow, and lanolin loaded offerings of course. But still, not too far behind.

+1... Soap Commander is the pinnacle of all artisan vegan shave soaps...

3 78
 07-08-2015, 04:43 AM
User Info
(07-07-2015, 05:43 PM)Hobbyist Wrote:
(07-07-2015, 04:50 PM)Windsor Citrus Wrote: I love Soap Commander, I think the performance is great. I am a tallow guy like yourself but this soap is one of few began soaps that performs in a similar way. 

Go to soapcommander.com and you can buy 0.65 ounce square sample blocks of shaving soaps for $2.00 each. They also have a deal for 9 samples for $14.00 but it excludes some of the popular ones. And SC offers 10% veterans and active duty discount.
Thank you but unfortunately SC do not ship to the UK anymore Sad

4 642
 07-08-2015, 06:36 AM
User Info
(07-08-2015, 04:43 AM)Windsor Citrus Wrote:
(07-07-2015, 05:43 PM)Hobbyist Wrote:

Thank you but unfortunately SC do not ship to the UK anymore Sad

After I replied I realized you are in UK. Sorry.

13 947
 07-08-2015, 06:38 AM
User Info
(07-07-2015, 05:36 PM)wizzard21 Wrote:
(07-07-2015, 04:35 PM)Hobbyist Wrote: I have Soap Commander Vision aftershave balm and love the scent and performance. The menthol is just right and it does not leave my skin greasy at all. I will be trying a shave soap next, probably rose or passion. I might do vision since I have the balm but the peppermint is stronger than I prefer for a soap,  but nice for an AS if that makes any sense.

Makes perfect sense! I thought I was literally the only one who thought this way lol. I had vision soap/balm, sold the soap as I don't care for mint in my soap but love the A/S.

Now I definitely won't by vision soap. Thanks. Looks like love or passion it is.

13 947
 07-08-2015, 06:55 AM
User Info
I have inspiration and refreshment (Sweet Tea). Great stuff!

24 664