07-10-2015, 02:26 AM
User Info
Hi guys, iv just registered on here, been a long time lurker. 

I have just bought an ikon open comb razor, which is second hand. Before i had been using the shavecraft 101, which i loved but i fancied a completely stainless razor. So i found this one online and bought it. I understand it is one of the earlier models but i was wandering if anyone could shed some more light on when it was produced and their experience with it. Iv used it a few times now. Iv been finding it more aggressive than the 101.

Here are some pictures, hope they help. Also this head allows the razor to protrude either side of the head. Thanks in advance.
[Image: uPKzvIS.jpg]
[Image: 2JUg9Z6.jpg]
[Image: HlUrZ1z.jpg]

2 107
 07-10-2015, 03:50 AM
User Info
Cool looking razor! I am not an expert on iKon razors, but I have never seen a numbered iKon plate and an uncoated "Deluxe" plate, if that's what it is. It does look like an older/original Deluxe OC. iKon seems to be somewhat of an enigma. Batches are made and sold periodically. Batches come in different coatings, different colors, etc. I suspect this is intentional, in the spirit of collectibles, limited additions, etc.

iKon Razors: Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The.............

I'm sure there are other members here who can shed more light on this razor.

0 122
 07-10-2015, 04:02 AM
User Info
I didn't read the whole way through, but it seems like you can find some info about the numbered iKons here.

http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=29111

28 349
 07-10-2015, 04:26 AM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Congratulations! 

You have a stainless steel 2nd generation numbered iKon Deluxe OC. Modelled after the Gillette Deluxe. A highly prized razor among iKon collectors.

It will be more aggressive than the ShaveCraft 101, but less aggressive than the ShaveCraft 103.

If you found it not to your liking, I'd gladly purchase it from you!

99 18,011
 07-10-2015, 04:45 AM
User Info
(07-10-2015, 04:26 AM)ben74 Wrote: Congratulations! 

You have a stainless steel 2nd generation numbered iKon Deluxe OC. Modelled after the Gillette Deluxe. A highly prized razor among iKon collectors.

It will be more aggressive than the ShaveCraft 101, but less aggressive than the ShaveCraft 103.

If you found it not to your liking, I'd gladly purchase it from you!

Thank you guys, you have been really helpful. 

I do love this razor, feels and looks like a real quality, heirloom piece. Iv found i have got a bit of irritation with it using astra blades but didnt with a shark. Im going to experiment some more with it, with other blades, i think im just used to how mild the 101 is. Oh and i prefer the early shorter bulldog handle aswell, good control but also still has the weight.

Ben i shall keep you in mind if I decide it isnt for me!

Thanks again guys.

2 107
 07-15-2015, 05:37 AM
User Info
I have the same razor, but with a DLC coating. I love it so much that I got rid of my other razors. It's the only one I use now. Good luck with yours. You have a great razor.

0 48