06-20-2012, 08:38 PM
  • uncledave
  • Returned to DE Shaving After 40 years
  • Kentucky, USA
User Info
Hi Guys,

I have an extensive collection of old time radio shows ranging in dates from the 1930 to the 1980s. I have nearly complete collections of such shows as The Jack Benny Show, The Great Gildersleeve, Fibber McGee and Molly, Calling All Cars, The Black Museum, etc. They are in mp3 format. I have almost 30,000 episodes altogether. I have been collecting them for quite a while.

I will gladly share these shows free of charge with anyone who is interested. I'm as passionate about this as I am about shaving and since most of us on this forum are fans of older stuff (razors, fountain pens, etc) I think you would enjoy these shows too.

If you are interested, PM me. You will need to install a free program that you can download from the internet called Pando. That will allow me to forward you the shows in 1 gig blocks. Email won't work as the file sizes are too large for most email servers.

Oh yeah, I have these programs named in such a way that they are listed in date order. So if you have an iPod or other mp3 player you can listen to them in the order they were originally broadcast. Yes I have an iPod. I swore I'd never own one but my sister gave me one and after about 6 months of it just laying around it dawned on me that I could put my radio shows on it. So I'm not opposed to new tech if it helps me with the old tech. Biggrin

I have programs on my computer that protect against viruses and spyware so I don't think you need worry about infections. My computer is completely scanned every night. Nothing has showed up in way over 3 years.

Anyone interested just let me know.

0 396