07-11-2015, 05:47 AM
User Info
Recently as my collection grows I accumulate knowledge on which products, within a brand alter in slickness. Slickness in particular is important to myself as I enjoy straight razor shaving the most. If I may give an example; TOBS avocado (cream) provides a greater level of slickness than TOBS grapefruit (cream), given the drying nature of grapefruit oil, which is cannot say is present as an EO (going by their ingredients list) however am assuming it is. 

Crux of the question is, which products amongst brands provide the best level of slickness? I'm referring here to brands with multiple products (not MWF). In my experience below are some examples, it would be great to here of others opinions:

Sterling: MITA 
TOBS: Almond/Avocado (creams)
D.R Harris Coconut cream
CRSW: not decided sandalwood is probably the least so far
Reef Point: Fougere Santal
Tiki: DJL

0 847
 07-11-2015, 08:20 AM
User Info
I have never really found that with the soaps I have used, personally. I have tried multiple scents from different artisans and the slickness was identical with all of them.
For example, from all of the scents I have tried with Mystic Water, the slickness is parallel unless I don't add enough water on some days. However, YMMV.  Biggrin

83 21,078
 07-11-2015, 09:05 AM
User Info
If what you mean is what I find as the slickest among products from the same manufacturer then....

DRH: Almond Soap
LEA: Professional Cream
Tabac: Soap
Trumpers: Coconut Cream
TOBS: Almond Cream
Proraso: Blue Cream
Musgo: Original Real Cream
T&H: No 10 Cream

Don't use artisan products so cannot comment on them

3 742
 07-11-2015, 09:10 AM
User Info
(07-11-2015, 09:05 AM)SteelTown Wrote: If what you mean is what I find as the slickest among products from the same manufacturer then....

DRH: Almond Soap
LEA: Professional Cream
Tabac: Soap
Trumpers: Coconut Cream
TOBS: Almond Cream
Proraso: Blue Cream
Musgo: Original Real Cream
T&H: No 10 Cream

Don't use artisan products so cannot comment on them
This is what I mean, apologies for the confusion, thanks for the info

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

0 847