07-11-2015, 10:48 PM
User Info
Click on the link below and tell me if that doesn't appear to be a Plisson knot on the brush. This is included with Pre de Provence 5.3 ounce shaving soap for $7.00 extra. Considering PdP is very similar to L'Occitane it would make sense to try and offer a similar brush. 

http://www.amazon.com/Pre-Provence-Natur...aftershave

13 947
 07-12-2015, 10:26 AM
User Info
If that is a similar brush to the ones I had, then it won't be anything like the Plisson knot. You might not get the actually brush shown in the photo. I got two from ebay quite awhile ago as they were extremely inexpensive, but the knots were nothing like the images in the photos. 
Best of luck.

83 21,077
 07-12-2015, 12:16 PM
User Info
It doesn't look like a Plisson knot in my eyes. Similar but not the same.

7 1,182
 07-12-2015, 12:43 PM
User Info
Plisson and l'occitane are the same , made by Plisson. Others, are look like ... Rolleyes

0 7
 07-12-2015, 03:12 PM
User Info
(07-12-2015, 10:26 AM)celestino Wrote: If that is a similar brush to the ones I had, then it won't be anything like the Plisson knot. You might not get the actually brush shown in the photo. I got two from ebay quite awhile ago as they were extremely inexpensive, but the knots were nothing like the images in the photos. 
Best of luck.

I do not plan to buy one, as I already own a Plisson. I just thought it might be the same knot, and if so someone might be interested at that price. You are probably right though, it won't be the same brush. I am just surprised PdP doesn't offer nice brush like L'Occitane, and being that both are in France it would make sense to have Plisson make them since they are all higher end stores.

13 947
 07-13-2015, 02:35 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
(07-12-2015, 03:12 PM)Hobbyist Wrote:
(07-12-2015, 10:26 AM)celestino Wrote: If that is a similar brush to the ones I had, then it won't be anything like the Plisson knot. You might not get the actually brush shown in the photo. I got two from ebay quite awhile ago as they were extremely inexpensive, but the knots were nothing like the images in the photos. 
Best of luck.

I do not plan to buy one, as I already own a Plisson. I just thought it might be the same knot, and if so someone might be interested at that price. You are probably right though, it won't be the same brush. I am just surprised PdP doesn't offer nice brush like L'Occitane, and being that both are in France it would make sense to have Plisson make them since they are all higher end stores.

PdP is a brand owned by an American company in Seattle (European Soaps, LLC), they sell soaps made in France, but aren't a French brand and I don't believe are sold outside of North America.

144 2,751
 07-13-2015, 04:49 PM
User Info
(07-13-2015, 02:35 PM)blzrfn Wrote:
(07-12-2015, 03:12 PM)Hobbyist Wrote:
Best of luck.

PdP is a brand owned by an American company in Seattle (European Soaps, LLC), they sell soaps made in France, but aren't a French brand and I don't believe are sold outside of North America.

I wouldn't have ever guessed. I guess that is why they are  priced better than Loccitane. My wife and I use PdP bath soap and bought one from L'Occitane  to try and they are very similar Both are excellent.

13 947
 07-13-2015, 04:51 PM
User Info
Looks more like an Ubersoft.

29 1,776