07-14-2015, 08:49 AM
User Info
Hey all hope your having a good day. What do you think about Soap Commanders new announcement that they will be offering half size tubs (3oz) in limited edition scents. The first is going to be their summer LE Soap from last year REFRESHMENT (Sweet Tea scent).

These will be offered alongside their 6oz standard range and their Limited Edition seasonal soaps.

I love this idea, Soap Commander makes the best vegan soap formula in my opinion and it's great to see more innovation from an already fantastic company. A clever move by Darron and Cassie.

4 642
 07-14-2015, 08:54 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
(07-14-2015, 08:49 AM)Windsor Citrus Wrote: Hey all hope your having a good day. What do you think about Soap Commanders new announcement that they will be offering half size tubs (3oz) in limited edition scents. The first is going to be their summer LE Soap from last year REFRESHMENT (Sweet Tea scent).

These will be offered alongside their 6oz standard range and their Limited Edition seasonal soaps.

I love this idea, Soap Commander makes the best vegan soap formula in my opinion and it's great to see more innovation from an already fantastic company. A clever move by Darron and Cassie.

Great news! I support it and like you am also very impressed with their soaps. Great performers- I am so heavy on soaps right now that the smaller sizes may push me over to try some of their limited edition scents in addition to what I already have.

Will they ship overseas for you guys across the pond? Hope so.

2 1,180
 07-14-2015, 09:02 AM
User Info
I really enjoy my Soap Commander Rose. It's a terrific product, but--and I am probably in the minority here, I am getting a little weary of all the LE soaps. The market will decide, yes I understand that, but the market is already flooded. JMO.

39 3,920
 07-14-2015, 09:10 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
Just read on their blog that in addition to the 3oz sizes they will also be having a site wide discount of 22% on July 31st to celebrate their 22nd wedding anniversary. No coupon needed, one day only.

Just when I thought I would not be getting any more soaps for a while.

2 1,180
 07-14-2015, 09:12 AM
User Info
(07-14-2015, 08:54 AM)kwsher Wrote: Will they ship overseas for you guys across the pond? Hope so.

Unfortunately they did but have now stopped. It's not a big issue though as Maggards does and ships super quick and to the UK.

Primo, I do understand where you are coming from. I am a bit of a sucker for limited Edition soaps. In the case of Soap Commander I find that their LE Soaps are far superior in scent quality to the majority of their main range. I do find that other companies aren't so good or imaginative with their LE soaps.

4 642
 07-14-2015, 09:13 AM
User Info
I hadn't heard this yet and I'm a Soap Commander junkie.  Thanks for the heads up on both the new size tubs and the upcoming sale.  Might have to pick me up some Gusto!

10 407
 07-14-2015, 12:27 PM
User Info
(07-14-2015, 09:12 AM)Windsor Citrus Wrote:
(07-14-2015, 08:54 AM)kwsher Wrote: Will they ship overseas for you guys across the pond? Hope so.

Unfortunately they did but have now stopped. It's not a big issue though as Maggards does and ships super quick and to the UK.

Primo, I do understand where you are coming from. I am a bit of a sucker for limited Edition soaps. In the case of Soap Commander I find that their LE Soaps are far superior in scent quality to the majority of their main range. I do find that other companies aren't so good or imaginative with their LE soaps.
If I were to make any further "LE" purchases, I would certainly consider Soap Commander. Their packaging is great; the price point is very fair; their consumer relations is A1; and, as I said before, Soap Commander Rose is one of my favorite soaps, both in terms of scent and performance. I am talking myself into an LE... Angel

39 3,920
 07-14-2015, 02:24 PM
  • Csd3
  • Denver, Co
User Info
Great news!!  Im a huge fan of SC and Im happy to hear we'll be seeing LE soaps from them- I'm all for innovation and new ideas...

7 325
 07-14-2015, 05:34 PM
User Info
That is great news!  I'm tired of having to buy 6 and 8 ounce soaps. I am trying to buy smaller sizes from now on.

13 947
 07-14-2015, 06:05 PM
User Info
(07-14-2015, 09:02 AM)primotenore Wrote: I really enjoy my Soap Commander Rose. It's a terrific product, but--and I am probably in the minority here, I am getting a little weary of all the LE soaps. The market will decide, yes I understand that, but the market is already flooded. JMO.

I'm growing a little weary of limited editions as well. It seems like some makers have as many seasonal or LE products as they do main line products. Many of the LEs and seasonals are incredible. But it's soap. What's the benefit, beyond hype, of a limited edition?g

1 69
 07-14-2015, 06:26 PM
User Info
(07-14-2015, 06:05 PM)michaelAD Wrote:
(07-14-2015, 09:02 AM)primotenore Wrote: I really enjoy my Soap Commander Rose. It's a terrific product, but--and I am probably in the minority here, I am getting a little weary of all the LE soaps. The market will decide, yes I understand that, but the market is already flooded. JMO.

I'm growing a little weary of limited editions as well. It seems like some makers have as many seasonal or LE products as they do main line products. Many of the LEs and seasonals are incredible. But it's soap. What's the benefit, beyond hype, of a limited edition?g

This is just my guess but I think they have to find a way to boost sales due to all the competition and due to how long a soap lasts. By offering LE soaps they can get some people to buy more of them for fear it's the only chance. I'm not crazy about it but I do like SC offering a 3 oz and think they should do so permanently. I have been wanting to try their soaps but don't want another large tub.

13 947
 07-15-2015, 01:50 AM
User Info
I agree that we can become a little overwhelmed by Limited Edition soaps. But on the other hand the wet shaving companies have to do this to boost sales and keep business. I think this is a very clever move by the SC team. 3oz will attract a lot of people and so will new exciting scents because let's face it we all love a new scent especially if it's different and SC sure are very good at that!

4 642
 07-15-2015, 11:49 AM
User Info
I have looked for the blog that speaks to 3 oz soaps, and have failed to find it.  Can someone link it?  Thanks!

3 543
 07-15-2015, 11:51 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
(07-15-2015, 11:49 AM)john parker Wrote: I have looked for the blog that speaks to 3 oz soaps, and have failed to find it.  Can someone link it?  Thanks!

Here you go!

2 1,180
 07-15-2015, 12:01 PM
User Info
I love the smaller 3oz soap option. Stirling almost has the same size with their samples. I always buy more scents when they come in smaller sizes.

0 12
 07-15-2015, 12:37 PM
  • RobinK
  • I like things that work.
  • Munich, Germany
User Info
In my book "Limited Edition" is just a euphemism for "c'mon fanboys, go get it!!!!1". FE, so to speak. If there were a market niche for that LE product, it would simply become part of the production chain. 

Limited Editions are great fun for group buys, or forum specific products. Beyond that, it's a caveat emptor thing in my experience. YMMV and all that.

0 197