07-16-2015, 06:11 AM
User Info
We did away with our Keurig years ago in favor of better tasting brewing methods, however my wife has discovered that she loves the Celestial Seasonings Southern Sweet Tea K-Cup. After contemplating buying a Keurig machine JUST for the purpose of making her a glass of tea every now and again, I had an idea. You can't really do much with a K-cup without tearing it open, and for it to taste right you need to have a little pressure. Here's what I did:

1. Heat electric kettle to 192F
  2. Rip off the foil lid on the K-cup and pour contents into the inverted Aeropress
  3. Add 8oz of water and stir to dissolve the sugar (again, this is sweetened tea)
  4. Put on the AP cap with filter, wait 10 or so seconds
  5. Flip and press over a full glass of ice
Boom, perfect (for her tastes anyway) iced tea, one cup at a time! I grabbed a couple K-cups from the office and gave it a shot, works fine and dandy for coffee as well if there's a coffee you love that isn't available anywhere else. Just don't dilute like you would for an Aeropress cup with normal ground coffee and a longer brew time.

43 207
 07-16-2015, 06:34 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
Nice- I am a coffee-holic unapologetically and have just about every caffeine delivery tool available. Like you, did away with the Keurig as it just didn't muster.

I now have a means to get rid of those last straggling K-cups tucked away in the pantry.

Thanks!

2 1,180
 07-16-2015, 09:51 AM
User Info
Glad I could help!

43 207