07-16-2015, 07:23 PM
  • leonidas
  • Jerez de la Frontera
User Info
......i just purchased a shaving soap on Etsy from evanestorova
.............i purchased her Goat Milk Frankincense and Myrrh Shaving Soap with Charcoal.

......................i used it for the first time this evening.......... i found it to be a thirsty soap......
........it lathered very nicely and the 'after shave' face feel was very nice........

.......the ingredients are:  glycerin base, coconut butter, coconut oil, shea butter, mango butter, beeswax, castor oil, aloe vera, jojoba oil, french clay, vitamin e
........eva also included an extra soap....

46 1,066
 07-17-2015, 06:14 AM
User Info
The ingredients list is strange.  I assume it means that she starts with a commercial melt and pour soap like Brambleberry and then adds the waxes, oils, butters, and clay?   And, I suppose, the scent, too, although there are no scent ingredients listed.

2 1,462
 07-17-2015, 07:41 AM
  • leonidas
  • Jerez de la Frontera
User Info
.....kingfisher, i don't know about the process.........

.............but the performance and price are both very good.......

46 1,066
 07-19-2015, 11:17 AM
  • KRpdx
  • Portland, OR
User Info
I tried several of her shaving soaps, and they're a pretty good product for the money. If you like robust fragrances, I think my favorite was her Arabian Spice.

12 166
 07-19-2015, 05:14 PM
  • leonidas
  • Jerez de la Frontera
User Info
.....i'll have to try the Arabian Spice...........
..........they are a good deal for the price.........

46 1,066
 07-19-2015, 06:06 PM
  • Gago
  • Rio de Janeirto
User Info
Odly enough i was browsing her etsy page last night. A friend of mine bought 5 soaps from her and i was very skeptcial about it, but as it tuns out, he send me a picture of a great lather or his face.

So i believe it is a nice soap. Heard good things about the fragrances,too, that they're fairly strong, wich is good for me, as i hate faint scents.

What i disliked, was the shipping charges. 22 bucks for 5 small soaps, shipped to Brazil. Wich is almost as much as the soaps thenselves. But well...thats not her fault, of course.

4 447
 07-19-2015, 08:03 PM
  • leonidas
  • Jerez de la Frontera
User Info
....Gago, sorry to hear about the high cost of shipping............
........the shipping within the States is very reasonable........ i believe i only paid $2 for one soap........

46 1,066
 07-20-2015, 08:15 AM
User Info
I got her rose scent half a year ago and it wouldn't lather at all.  I hit it with different brushes and still just a very thin lather.  Scent was way too strong for me.  YMMV.

5 160