07-18-2015, 07:26 PM
User Info
I have recently noticed this brand.. Looked them up... Pretty pricy but very intriguing scent profiles.  Looking for reviews, scent description mainly on Irish Tweed and Aventus.. Just trying to get some thoughts. Additionally do they have all day staying power?  Scent strength?

Thanks guys,

20 1,336
 07-18-2015, 07:32 PM
User Info
Creed Green Irish Tweed is a classic scent. Great staying power. All day? What's all day? 12 hrs? Yes, if you spritz maybe three times on your shirt. You won't smell it after 12 hours (less actually), but others will notice the scent.

39 3,919
 07-18-2015, 07:50 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
There have been two caveats with Creed. First, it has been counterfeited and sometimes one honest batch may be different from another- not reformulated but with noticeable nuances. I have only used Bois du Portugal. Now, with me the stuff is still noticeable 48 hours later which is
why I seldom embrace my partial bottle. The nice part though, I get lots of embraces by women with voices deepened by some chemical reaction
to the scent asking my astrological sign. Buy from a reputable source, especially on EVILBAY.

2 3,171
 07-18-2015, 10:30 PM
User Info
I own 14 full bottles of Creed, and you can't go wrong with Aventus nor GIT.

Aventus lasts 10-14 hours on me, while GIT perhaps around 8 hours.

My favorite Creeds in my fragrance collection are:

Spice & Woods
Aventus
GIT
Royal Oud
Silver Mountain Water
Virgin Island Water
Millesime Imperiale
Erolfa

24 5,965
 07-18-2015, 10:58 PM
User Info
Imperial millesime is a good one for summer.
I owned aventus and it's great.

To me royal oud is one of the finest creed scent .

As far as staying power and silage, aventus good 6 hours and royal oud 8 for me.

It's hard to predict sileage and staying power as all skin types are different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 3,072
 07-18-2015, 11:19 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Creed is a top fragrance house.

I love GIT and Aventus, but struggle meeting the investment they command...

GIT smells similar to (the inferior) Cool Water by Davidoff.

Aventus smells like apple, mixed with currents and pineapple, that settles into smoky jasmine and vanilla.

99 18,011
 07-18-2015, 11:46 PM
User Info
(07-18-2015, 07:26 PM)Nevada Red Wrote: I have recently noticed this brand.. Looked them up... Pretty pricy but very intriguing scent profiles.  Looking for reviews, scent description mainly on Irish Tweed and Aventus.. Just trying to get some thoughts. Additionally do they have all day staying power?  Scent strength?

Thanks guys,

Basenotes has several informative reviews on Creed perfumes.

Personally I would never buy Creed via the Internet (most certainly not from .bay) for fear of conterfeits. I am lucky in having several official Creed outlets near to where I live.

I enjoy Bois du Portugal which is readily avilable here in The Netherlands.

Their scents I like best however are Royal English Leather and Tabarôme both part of the special collection. They are sold in large green dispencer bottles and can only be bought in the Creed store in Paris. These are very expensive. Since it takes me a whole day to get to and back from Paris by TGV, I use these sparingly and make a pilgrimage every two years.

Royal English Leather is one of the few leather scents that can be found (comparable to Knize Ten or Peau d'Espagne by SMN although they smell different). Tabarôme is a tobacco based scent. In my opinion one of the best perfumes ever made.  Tabarôme Millisime that is readily vailable is a completely different product altogether.

Tilly 1648

1 42
 07-18-2015, 11:49 PM
User Info
You can always get a decant to try before you buy. Decantshop.com and many others sell in smaller sizes 1mL 2mL 3mL 5mL 10mL etc. $20 to try a fragrance beats $150 make sure you go through a reputable dealer as to not get a counterfeit

79 824
 07-20-2015, 06:31 PM
User Info
know any other good reputable, inexpensive sites for fragrances?

31 737
 07-20-2015, 06:49 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
become active on BASENOTES. They know the reputable ones. Signs011

2 3,171
 07-20-2015, 07:31 PM
User Info
Throughout different trips I have tried several Creed offerings and have even had a few decants. I don't find any of the scents I've experience to be amazing, nor do they last long at all. Projection and silage are also quite poor. Definitely not worth the investment in my situation. 

Now the house of Amouage, that's where I'll be spending some time and most likely $$$$$.

31 8,057
 07-21-2015, 01:50 AM
User Info
(07-20-2015, 07:31 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: Throughout different trips I have tried several Creed offerings and have even had a few decants. I don't find any of the scents I've experience to be amazing, nor do they last long at all. Projection and silage are also quite poor. Definitely not worth the investment in my situation. 

Now the house of Amouage, that's where I'll be spending some time and most likely $$$$$.
Every time I read someone saying that Creed scents don't last long I'm baffled : I have a bottle of Creed aventus and when I use it I can still smell the perfume 2 weeks later in the shirt I was wearing.

Enviado do meu telégrafo usando Tapatalk.

0 163
 07-21-2015, 06:12 AM
User Info
I can smell GIT up to 12 hours after.  You want to spray it on your skin usually the wrists and rub it in by rubbing your wrists together then take it to your neck, maybe behind the ears.  Much more effective that spraying on your clothes, the parfum is absorbed into the skin like oils do.  Another fragrance I love is Czech & Speake Vetiver if you like GIT youll most likely enjoy this scent as well

79 824
 07-21-2015, 06:12 PM
  • Deuce
  • Just a guy
  • Cave Creek
User Info
The 2 Creed's I own are Aventus and GIT. Every time I wear them, I get many unsolicited compliments from strangers. My wife can distinguish between GIT and Cool Water too. They are both outstanding frags with great silage. These scents have excellent staying power on me. I'm now starting to look into adding another Creed into my rotation, maybe SMN.

19 742
 07-21-2015, 08:31 PM
User Info
(07-20-2015, 07:31 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: Throughout different trips I have tried several Creed offerings and have even had a few decants. I don't find any of the scents I've experience to be amazing, nor do they last long at all. Projection and silage are also quite poor. Definitely not worth the investment in my situation. 

I own 14 full bottle Creed and only 8 full bottle Amouage.

Creed IMHO do make some stunning fragrances: Aventus (lasts 12-14 hours on me), GIT (a classic, a beautiful scent, far more deep and green than Cool Water), Virgin Island Water (arguably the best lime coconut scent ever made) and Spice & Woods (just a fantastic scent, perfect for the office)

But I agree, a lot of Creed frags do not last longer than 5-8 hours. But Creed make do make the best fresh scents on the planet. I can't see anyone better.

Amouage on the other hand arguably makes the best deepest heavy spiced blended fragrances on the planet.
Amouage are to winter & fall what Creed are to summer & spring.

My favorite Amouage in my collection are: Interlude Man (a masterpiece, the blue strong juice, lasts 14-18 hours on my skin, but so strong I would choke from wearing it in warmer weather. It cuts through the cold winter though), Memoir Man (a masterfully blended quite soft blend, that still lasts 8-10 hours on me, a mysterious yet pleasing scent), Jubilation XXV (a masterpiece of a spicy fruity incense perfume, lasts 10-12 hours on me ) and Epic Man (a dark thick heavy woody Oudy leather fragrance that lasts easily 12 hours on me)

To me both Amouage and Creed are in my Top 5 of best niche fragrance houses, no question. 
Amouage master the deep complex scents, Creed master the fresh light uncomplicated, yet they both master their domaines to a very high level of perfection.

Yes, I'm a frag head and base note member too  Wink

24 5,965
 07-21-2015, 08:37 PM
User Info
(07-21-2015, 06:12 AM)Deuce428 Wrote: I can smell GIT up to 12 hours after.  You want to spray it on your skin usually the wrists and rub it in by rubbing your wrists together then take it to your neck, maybe behind the ears.  Much more effective that spraying on your clothes, the parfum is absorbed into the skin like oils do.  Another fragrance I love is Czech & Speake Vetiver if you like GIT youll most likely enjoy this scent as well

Please don't rub fragrances in, just dab them lightly  Thumbup

24 5,965
 07-21-2015, 08:44 PM
User Info
(07-21-2015, 01:50 AM)cegadede Wrote:

Every time I read someone saying that Creed scents don't last long I'm baffled : I have a bottle of Creed aventus and when I use it I can still smell the perfume 2 weeks later in the shirt I was wearing.

Enviado do meu telégrafo usando Tapatalk.

Aventus is the longest lasting Creed among the 14 Creeds I own, so perhaps not the best frag to use as guideline for how long Creed frags last. 
But I typically get 6-8 hours from most of my Creeds. Acceptable. 
Millesime Imperiale and Neroli Sauvage are unfortunately gone in 3-5 hours, but that's normal for such beautiful citrus frags.

24 5,965
 07-21-2015, 08:47 PM
User Info
(07-21-2015, 06:12 PM)Deuce Wrote: The 2 Creed's I own are Aventus and GIT. Every time I wear them, I get many unsolicited compliments from strangers. My wife can distinguish between GIT and Cool Water too. They are both outstanding frags with great silage. These scents have excellent staying power on me. I'm now starting to look into adding another Creed into my rotation, maybe SMN.

SMN ?
Do you mean SMW?

I find GIT far more green and deeper than Cool Water. Love both, but GIT is in another league.

24 5,965
 07-22-2015, 07:57 AM
User Info
(07-21-2015, 08:31 PM)CHSeifert Wrote:

I own 14 full bottle Creed and only 8 full bottle Amouage.

Creed IMHO do make some stunning fragrances: Aventus (lasts 12-14 hours on me), GIT (a classic, a beautiful scent, far more deep and green than Cool Water), Virgin Island Water (arguably the best lime coconut scent ever made) and Spice & Woods (just a fantastic scent, perfect for the office)

But I agree, a lot of Creed frags do not last longer than 5-8 hours. But Creed make do make the best fresh scents on the planet. I can't see anyone better.

Amouage on the other hand arguably makes the best deepest heavy spiced blended fragrances on the planet.
Amouage are to winter & fall what Creed are to summer & spring.

My favorite Amouage in my collection are: Interlude Man (a masterpiece, the blue strong juice, lasts 14-18 hours on my skin, but so strong I would choke from wearing it in warmer weather. It cuts through the cold winter though), Memoir Man (a masterfully blended quite soft blend, that still lasts 8-10 hours on me, a mysterious yet pleasing scent), Jubilation XXV (a masterpiece of a spicy fruity incense perfume, lasts 10-12 hours on me ) and Epic Man (a dark thick heavy woody Oudy leather fragrance that lasts easily 12 hours on me)

To me both Amouage and Creed are in my Top 5 of best niche fragrance houses, no question. 
Amouage master the deep complex scents, Creed master the fresh light uncomplicated, yet they both master their domaines to a very high level of perfection.

Yes, I'm a frag head and base note member too  Wink

Thanks for sharing your experience comparisons between Creed and Amouage. For some reason, the Creed offerings just don't hold up on my skin. Aventus is one of the ones I had a good decant of and it would only last about 4 hours for me. However, Amouage Jubilation XXV can last 14-16 hours on me without feeling heavy even on a hot summer day. It must be our individual skin chemistry that is at play here. Also, I'm just not a fan of light fresh scents and really not a fan of aquatic scents. Give me the spicy incense perfumes all year long. About the lightest I like to go is my Grey Vetiver from Tom Ford, but at least that lasts about 7-9 hours on me. My regular daily scent is Terre D'Hermes and it will last 8-10 hours usually.

31 8,057
 07-22-2015, 11:22 AM
  • Jovan
  • Banned
  • Traveling USA
User Info
In my experience Aventus aftershave will last 12+ hours.

2 479