07-19-2015, 10:24 AM
User Info
Are there any good honing services located in Canada? The only one I could really find was "The Classic Edge", does anyone have any experience with them? Are there any other good ones? I'm willing to send to the USA as long as shipping is reasonable. What is the best/cheapest way for me to package a straight razor to be sent out for honing?

Thanks.

0 54
 07-19-2015, 10:43 AM
User Info
There are many numerous members from Canada over on the SRP and I'm sure there are a few on the ShaveNook.

11 1,945
 07-19-2015, 11:40 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Phil Sanchez at The Classic Edge does excellent work.

theclassicedge@gmail.com

179 23,949
 07-19-2015, 11:57 AM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
(07-19-2015, 11:40 AM)Johnny Wrote: Phil Sanchez at The Classic Edge does excellent work.

theclassicedge@gmail.com

+1 to that. Phil has honed a couple for me and did a fine job.

Bob

Just recalled that a few members at SRP have also used this service http://thegentlemansden.ca/ and have said they were pleased with the work done. I have not used the service myself though.

Bob

0 1,694
 07-19-2015, 01:58 PM
User Info
(07-19-2015, 11:57 AM)BobH Wrote:
(07-19-2015, 11:40 AM)Johnny Wrote: Phil Sanchez at The Classic Edge does excellent work.

theclassicedge@gmail.com

Bob

Just recalled that a few members at SRP have also used this service http://thegentlemansden.ca/ and have said they were pleased with the work done. I have not used the service myself though.

Bob

I know the guy behind the gentlemens den personally; he's a great guy and does amazing work. He comes well recommended and MenEssentials uses his services (they are a pass-through; i'm not sure of the details but they use Valery of TGD to do all their honing and restoration work).

24 664
 07-21-2015, 05:34 AM
User Info
(07-19-2015, 01:58 PM)Starkicker Wrote:
(07-19-2015, 11:57 AM)BobH Wrote:

theclassicedge@gmail.com

Bob

Bob

I know the guy behind the gentlemens den personally; he's a great guy and does amazing work. He comes well recommended and MenEssentials uses his services (they are a pass-through; i'm not sure of the details but they use Valery of TGD to do all their honing and restoration work).
One of my razor was honed by Valery and I'm happy with the result.  I left my razor at menessential and went back to get it when it was ready.  If you're not in Toronto you can ship the razor to him for honing.

18 468
 08-02-2015, 06:47 AM
  • Scoti
  • Ontario, Canada
User Info
Phil is the man with a plan. A plan to give you a crazy sharp razor that is. He lives about 45 minutes away from me in the hammer (Hamilton)

He provides excellent edges and a discount if you have multiple razors to be honed.

I would really recommend as his edges helped me out tons when I started shaving.

Every once in a while I'll send him one just to compare edges to while honing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 227