07-19-2015, 02:25 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
I tried a few searches and couldn't find anything on this subject. I recently acquired a soap dish that does not use a lid.. I usually use containers with lids and the only soap I have in an open air container is a puck vintage Williams which was scentless by the time I got it. Obvioulsy some soap scents are stronger than others, but how long will a soap scent last in an open air container? Days..months..? I like the bowl and would like to use it but I dont want to lose the soap scent.

77 1,394
 07-20-2015, 08:34 AM
User Info
I've found that most hard soaps tend to keep their scent very well in an open dish while soft soaps and creams lose their scent as they dry out.

5 229
 07-20-2015, 09:35 AM
User Info
I haven't noticed a significant degradation of scent loss with Mystic Water, Cold River, Mike's and Haslinger when kept in an open dish/bowl. Nonetheless, I do keep most in containers, so take that with a grain of salt. Shy

83 21,113
 07-20-2015, 09:47 AM
User Info
I have noticed scent loss with my Cyril Salter -> Creams. They have an awesome essential oil scent yet have clearly lost > 30% it within a few months!

21 1,175
 07-20-2015, 02:34 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
Thanks for the responses. I was planning on putting a partial puck in the dish and using it everyday until it was finished. That may be approximatley one month for some soaps. I think I should be fine as long as I use it daily.  Thanks again.

77 1,394