07-20-2015, 03:09 PM
User Info
I haven't heard much about this cream, but the little I have heard makes the product seem stellar. For those who have it / have tried it, what are your opinions of it? Why do you like it / dislike it?

How does it compare to some of your favorites?

11 489
 07-21-2015, 07:29 AM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
For the cream

Scent is AMAZING, very nice clean elements to it. Adequate slickness and cushion, but not the best in either category

Aftershave is a perfect match! Not strong, but leaves the skin feeling pampered

9 1,684
 07-21-2015, 07:36 AM
User Info
The scent, if it is the same as the cologne, is gorgeous.  

I've heard that the soap is a poor latherer.  Never heard much about the cream.

2 1,557
 07-21-2015, 12:33 PM
User Info
I have the hard soap in the wood bowl. And when I say hard soap, it's like granite. Triple milled for sure. Its a vegan soap, and you have to load it way longer than others. 2 factors as to why;
Its hard as granite.
The bowl is so small with barely a ridge to keep the bristles on the soap.

Dont try to scuttle lather it, it never seems like there is enough soap.

Face lathering it with a small brush is fine, but be prepared to add water and go back to the bowl about 3 times before the first pass. But, its scent is to die for. I loved it so much I went out and sourced the cologne. Dead on match. I saw that SBH had another scent combo out on the market. I was going to buy it based on the good quality of the scent of the fig and nutmeg alone

I've had mine for well over a yr and use it twice a month or so and I swear I can still see the mfr imprint in the top.

If the cream lathers as easily as others, say proraso red, I'd say go for it. Might even be more enjoyable than the HARD soap. Did I mention it was triple milled?

8 169
 07-21-2015, 02:17 PM
User Info
(07-21-2015, 12:33 PM)Olschoolsteel Wrote: I have the hard soap in the wood bowl. And when I say hard soap, it's like granite. Triple milled for sure. Its a vegan soap, and you have to load it way longer than others. 2 factors as to why;
Its hard as granite.
The bowl is so small with barely a ridge to keep the bristles on the soap.

Dont try to scuttle lather it, it never seems like there is enough soap.

Face lathering it with a small brush is fine, but be prepared to add water and go back to the bowl about 3 times before the first pass. But, its scent is to die for. I loved it so much I went out and sourced the cologne. Dead on match. I saw that SBH had another scent combo out on the market. I was going to buy it based on the good quality of the scent of the fig and nutmeg alone

I've had mine for well over a yr and use it twice a month or so and I swear I can still see the mfr imprint in the top.

If the cream lathers as easily as others, say proraso red, I'd say go for it. Might even be more enjoyable than the HARD soap. Did I mention it was triple milled?

Wait, is it triple milled? Smile 

I have heard that the cream is better than the soap, but I cant confirm

11 489
 07-21-2015, 02:51 PM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
I don't have the cream but do have the soap. I agree with Old School- great scent but just so so performance. One of those that is worth trying but not writing any letters home about.

2 1,180