07-21-2015, 06:27 PM
User Info
I was given a sample of The Body Shop shaving cream from a guy at work who has been asking me about wet shaving. He said he has sensitive skin and therefore picked up wet shaving with a brush and cream and using dollar shave club razors. He likes the The Body Show cream a lot and asked me to try it to tell him what I think compared to the soaps and creams I use since he hasn't tried anything else besides traditional canned creams that he can't use due to irritation. Well, I have to say I was very impressed with the product. I used my Muhle R41 with a Astra blade (2nd of 3rd shave on same blade) and my shave was smooth as could be. It was every bit as good as Castle Forbes and TOBS. However, after I finished shaving and was getting ready to apply my balm I realized the shaving cream made my neck break out. I have not experienced this with any of the products I use so I am thinking there must be some artificial ingredients or fragrances that are harsh on my skin. I went to their website and found the ingredients list which is very long and has many things I haven't even heard of. I know a lot of people like this shaving cream and I can definitely see why, just too bad it irritated my neck. 

Anyone else ever experience this with The Body Shop?

13 947
 07-21-2015, 09:31 PM
User Info
Just contains an oil you most likely reacted to.
Some also reacts to the Maca root. 

Just move on, several other 100's creams out there.

24 5,840
 07-21-2015, 09:42 PM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
I have a tub and have not had a problem. I agree it is a surprisingly good performer.

60 843
 07-21-2015, 10:26 PM
User Info
(07-21-2015, 09:31 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: Just contains an oil you most likely reacted to.
Some also reacts to the Maca root. 

Just move on, several other 100's creams out there.

Perhaps it was the Maca root. Too bad cause I really enjoyed the shave with it. It provided superior protection and I liked the smell as well.

13 947
 07-22-2015, 02:19 AM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
No, never had a reaction to TBS Maca Root shave cream. Yes, it is too bad you had a reaction to it because it really is a nice shave cream. Claus is right though, just move on to one of the other seemingly hundreds of other shave creams out there. On the bright side at least you are not stuck with a whole tube or tub of the stuff.

Bob

0 1,694