07-22-2015, 06:25 AM
User Info
Hi everyone - 

Two brushes up for sale today.  These prices include shipping CONUS via USPS Priority Mail with tracking.  If you are an international buyer, please contact me regarding shipping options; I will usually include the cost of shipping but tracking and insurance might not be available.  My prices are fair in my opinion.  I accept Paypal payments only and no trade offers please.  

(1) Morris & Forndran Emillion 1 in Blonde Badger shaving brush.  The brush is 23mm knot size and just about 48-49mm loft.  The handle is 54mm tall.  This has the fabled "heritage" two-band hair that is very hard to find these days.  The handle itself was resurrected when Rooney established their "Heritage" line a number of years ago; however the two-band/blonde badger hair is essentially unavailable through any avenues except for M&F.  The handle to me is absolutely perfect.  It is neither too long for face-lathering nor too short to bowl lather and it combines a squat bottom with the curvy top.  

The knot itself, likewise, is a perfect fan/hybrid shape.  It is neither too dense nor too floppy.  The hair tips are just about the whitest I've ever seen; this is a true two-band knot.  It has enough backbone to tackle the hardest soaps, but has the super-soft hooked tips that define (to me) the "heritage" hair/blonde badger.  I purchased this for $190 and I would like to get back what I paid (minus the shipping costs and fees): $190.  SOLD!  Thanks TSN!

(2) Simpson's Major in Super turnback travel shaving brush.  18mm knot by 41mm tall.  The Major is an iconic travel shaving brush and easily the nicest turnback available.  It was originally designed by Simpson's specifically for Major Victor Beeching as he explored the Himalayas.  As far as travel brushes go I love turnbacks because you can either use the brush unscrewed or screwed into its housing.  As well, these brushes are amazingly designed and all handmade, which in my opinion is a remarkable feat considering the tolerances needed in screwing the brush into the housing.

The knot itself is Simpson's Super grade which to me is the best "super" grade of hair available.  Despite its smaller size (which aids in drying), it can handle soaps and creams, bowl-lathering and face-lathering, although it is better at the latter.  The brush comes with the famous Simpson's brush box.  I purchased this for $95 recently, a steal considering it retails for $150 new, and so I would like to recoup what I paid (once again minus shipping and fees): $95.

As always, feel free to comment in this thread about my descriptions or pricing.  Please PM me with all other comments or inquiries.  I will do my best to get the brushes mailed out within one day of payment.

Thanks for looking,
Josh

84 1,505
 07-22-2015, 09:43 AM
User Info
Great offerings here. Neat to see a M&F Emillion.

Greg

21 171
 07-22-2015, 09:55 AM
User Info
I wish I could have snagged your MF.  Sad

7 117
 07-22-2015, 12:46 PM
  • gp569900
  • Franklin, TN USA
User Info
Love the turnbacks. Fabulous traveling companions

61 507
 07-22-2015, 04:00 PM
User Info
All items sold! Thanks TSN! Moderators please archive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

84 1,505