07-25-2015, 02:50 PM
User Info
B&M Arctique arrived today (Soap and AS) -- at first I began to face lather the soap and thought that it was pretty mild and that Stirling Glacial, Mystic Water Prospect Creek and Yeti Snot were much colder --- but then, after 15 seconds or so -- the freezing, I mean dunk your head in hot water freezing took over --- the shave was great as always with B&M soaps --- three passes and I was BBS and frozen.  I jumped in a hot shower and warmed my face up.

BUT then -- I splashed some of the Arctique AS on after the shower and the face freezing of the soap went to a level or frozen I have never known before --- I had tears, a few laughs and thought of running to the fridge to splash Texas Pete on my face for a minute --- it was painfully wonderful.  I love menthol and this stuff (both soap and AS) are off the charts!

I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who pursued both what your thoughts and experience has been so far.

102 1,536
 07-25-2015, 02:59 PM
  • Macko
  • Virginia
User Info
I used it today, thought it was spot on dead solid perfect.  Will hits another home run.  Cryogen is colder though...

17 550
 07-25-2015, 03:02 PM
User Info
Cryogen is colder -- holy cow! I just try cryogen then as well! --- the Arctique soap/AS combo was coldest I have experienced in my 5 years of wet shaving -- so Cryogen will be a must try. Thx!

102 1,536
 07-25-2015, 08:34 PM
User Info
I have Cryogen, both soap and as. I used it this morning expecting my Arctique combo to be delivered later in the day and they were. Tomorrow will be my Arctique run. I have splashed some of the Arctique Tonique on my face and the Cryogen is definitely colder but I prefer the skin feel of Will's Tonique. The true test will be tomorrow morning after I drag a sharp piece of steel across my face time after time.

31 8,058
 07-26-2015, 12:22 AM
User Info
This is one I really wanted to include in my menthol review but it received very few votes and of course it's only just been released. How good is the scent? And has anyone tried this years tallow version and last years vegan? What's the differences?

4 642
 07-26-2015, 06:55 AM
User Info
B&M Latha - the original scent with Lavender, Oak Moss and Heliotrope may have been one of the more pleasant surprises in my den in recent shaves.  I added it to my Arctique order and wasn't expecting too much from it -- but the glide, cushion and performance may be on par with some of my better soaps that I use (LPL, ScritchNScrub, & ABCBA).

Just wanted to quickly put it out there, B&M Latha is a delightful shave and a delightful scent.

Happy Shaving!

JB

102 1,536
 07-26-2015, 07:03 AM
User Info
More menthol in this version and it held up better. The vegan formula was very soft. Performance was still great but it was more of a cream, a sticky cream at that, which made loading difficult. 

Scent is nice but I do like minty scents. The black pepper in the scent profile is not really noticeable but I think it keeps the peppermint from being too candycane sweet.

31 8,058
 07-26-2015, 07:16 AM
User Info
(07-26-2015, 06:55 AM)Boonie21 Wrote: B&M Latha - the original scent with Lavender, Oak Moss and Heliotrope may have been one of the more pleasant surprises in my den in recent shaves.  I added it to my Arctique order and wasn't expecting too much from it -- but the glide, cushion and performance may be on par with some of my better soaps that I use (LPL, ScritchNScrub, & ABCBA).

Just wanted to quickly put it out there, B&M Latha is a delightful shave and a delightful scent.

Happy Shaving!

JB

I also enjoy the Latha when it comes up in the rotation. Enjoy!

26 235
 07-26-2015, 07:21 AM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
I agree, Latha was a very pleasant surprised out of the B&M shop, and I think the performance is on par or better than many more expensive offerings.  A real sleeper for sure...

34 1,627
 07-27-2015, 04:09 AM
User Info
Used it yesterday .. first pass was nice. Typical B&M performance and nice, chilly feel.
Starting the brush for the second pass .. wow, like a shock when the brush touched my skin!
Third pass .. now we are hitting' the chill!
Rinse, great face feel. Great cooling. Love it.

0 5
 07-27-2015, 07:46 PM
  • e-dub
  • right brain: bna. left brain: dtw.
User Info
menthol isn't really my thing, but i ordered this with the splash... and it really did hurt. i have a sample of cryogen that i'm likely to get rid of if it's colder than this.

41 666