06-22-2012, 08:10 PM
  • uncledave
  • Returned to DE Shaving After 40 years
  • Kentucky, USA
User Info
Is this for real???

[Image: 140.jpg]

Would it really shave your head efficiently?????

0 396
 06-22-2012, 08:24 PM
User Info
That's not some new kind of jet ski?

31 7,914
 06-22-2012, 08:31 PM
User Info
Those are actually pretty good head shavers from what I've read. Sure it looks like a Matchbox, but if it works...
I use my slant razor to shave my noggin. I don't need the Matchbox. LOL

9 451
 06-22-2012, 08:32 PM
  • uncledave
  • Kentucky, USA
User Info
(06-22-2012, 08:24 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: That's not some new kind of jet ski?

That's exactly what it looks like!

(06-22-2012, 08:31 PM)Johnny9 Wrote: Those are actually pretty good head shavers from what I've read. Sure it looks like a Matchbox, but if it works...
I use my slant razor to shave my noggin. I don't need the Matchbox. LOL

I'd be afraid I'd mire up in scalp.

0 396
 06-22-2012, 08:55 PM
User Info
It looks like a vacuum cleaner for a doll house.

9 451
 06-22-2012, 08:57 PM
  • uncledave
  • Kentucky, USA
User Info
(06-22-2012, 08:55 PM)Johnny9 Wrote: It looks like a vacuum cleaner for a doll house.

Looks dangerous to me. I'd be afraid I'd burn scalp AND rubber. Biggrin

0 396
 06-22-2012, 09:10 PM
User Info
It is real alright! Check these video out:

i have no idea if it works, but i saw this two months ago.

75 20,884
 06-22-2012, 09:34 PM
  • uncledave
  • Kentucky, USA
User Info
(06-22-2012, 09:10 PM)celestino Wrote: It is real alright! Check these video out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfQXnpcFPtE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfnnEIlg3sE

i have no idea if it works, but i saw this two months ago.

Well sir, I believe I can now say that I've seen everything. Thanks for the videos, I would never have dreamed that anything like this was even out there!

0 396
 06-22-2012, 10:28 PM
User Info
I used the much earlier version of the HeadBlade about eight or so years ago. It does work, but I couldn't maintain the practice due to laziness. The older one simply had a smooth foot at the tail instead of wheels. Even the two blade cartridges for it were getting expensive back then. If I were to suddenly have significant balding (not in my genetics) I would consider shaving my head again. I just don't want the extra fuss despite how good it feels against a fresh pillow case.

3 195
 06-22-2012, 10:40 PM
  • uncledave
  • Kentucky, USA
User Info
(06-22-2012, 10:28 PM)Dirty Texan Wrote: I used the much earlier version of the HeadBlade about eight or so years ago. It does work, but I couldn't maintain the practice due to laziness. The older one simply had a smooth foot at the tail instead of wheels. Even the two blade cartridges for it were getting expensive back then. If I were to suddenly have significant balding (not in my genetics) I would consider shaving my head again. I just don't want the extra fuss despite how good it feels against a fresh pillow case.

If I keep losing hair I won't have to worry about shaving my head. It's funny. I had most of my hair until about 2 years ago and now it's falling out really fast. Oh well. Confused

0 396
 06-23-2012, 06:17 AM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
I have been using one for two weeks now. It doesn't get perfectly close without multiple passes. I have been using it with cheap Walmart Atra blades, but I can head shave in the shower without messing with a DE.

0 253
 06-23-2012, 06:37 AM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
I see those things everywhere, and they do sell a lot of them, i dont head shave myself but i know a few people who do and they do use these to do it, say its the best thing they have ever used,.... but then they use carts on their face so what do they know lmao

3 748
 06-23-2012, 06:41 AM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
Well, I have been using DE and SE on my face for years with an occasional forray into straights. However, for the back of my head I feel better using a headblade. I can do it with a DE or SE, but I often have nicks and cuts. I feel safer making multiple passes to make sure I have everything with the headblade

0 253
 06-23-2012, 07:32 AM
User Info
The reason the design of this razor is so safe and smart is that it really discourages pressure on the blades, establishes a fixed angle, and prevents lateral slides. Those are pretty key elements to traditional shaving, if you think about it.

I suspect the cartridge blades work well enough because it would be highly unusual for the scalp stubble to be as coarse as the facial stubble. Good preparation is way more important. I always head shaved in the shower to get the hair plenty soft first, and at the time I used the brushless cream that HeadBlade offered (HeadSlick?). They had a balm that worked pretty well, also. It wasn't as good as the traditional wet shaving products, but the concept is similar and far better than gel or foam.

3 195
 06-23-2012, 07:34 AM
User Info
I have one, and they do work. I have better luck using my braun 565 shaver. It is great for daily head shaves and it doesn't nick me or cause irritation on my head. The hard part for me is the backside and neckline area, always ended up with a nick back there when I used the headblade. Haven't shaved my head for over a year now.

Clayton

6 617
 06-23-2012, 12:12 PM
User Info
Not a gimmick

A Headblade loaded with an Atra type cartridge is outstanding.With experience I've gotten quite good and and get done fast.I use a light touch with quick back and forth strokes as if using sandpaper and go ATG everywhere possible.I've found the hair up there is more coarse than my face.Don't need to,but I'll do a final pass with the closed comb side of my DE iKon OSS ATG on the back and sides....the final result is extremely smooth.

7 414