07-28-2015, 04:23 PM
User Info
I have tried stealth v3 in the past and loved everything about it, only that the shave didn't last as long as the stainless version, which is a different beast.
I borrowed my friend's v4 this week and had my first shave with it.

My first impression was that, the gap blade seemed larger than it is with v3.
When shaving, I also noticed that it felt a little more aggressive, not in a sense that it cut closer, but in a sense that I can feel more blade on my face. I should say it felt "harsh" on my first stroke, which eventually gotten better.

I should say with v3, I was so comfortable with how it felt on my face, I could almost be reckless with it and not get any cut or nick, but v4 felt like I needed to pay closer attention.

I wonder if it's just me thinking that it's more aggressive after having seen slightly larger blade gap, or if it is in fact slightly more aggressive.
Nonetheless, I did get a BBS shave, I am very happy with it.

53 760
 07-28-2015, 05:07 PM
User Info
RR Slants are simply overrated . Good shavers, but the limited amount of prototypes produced gives RR its big hype and popularity. Will I sell mine? I have already sold 3 slants . DLCSS and V2s. I still got the RRBS laying around, but that is only used on lazy days or when I don't have time to prep/strop. I was actually thinking about getting rid of the RRBS too, but I might just save it for when I travel. DLCSS was a good shaver, but very heavy handle. V2 had a similar DFS experience,but with a lighter handle (aluminum) it was much easier to maneuver. After my first 3 slants, I did not bother getting the later versions. All shaves just as well as most MILD DEs. The newer stainless slants might have been more aggressive, but I would not know. After all versions had been release, I would assume the slants would shave better.

As for marketing, I believe it was a good idea to advertise the DE in limited numbers. One thing I really did not appreciate was their moronic Buyer Warnings bullocks: "Buyer Beware/Buy at your own risk". It's like they are saying "the razor might be bullocks, if you buy it, don't forget I warned you". As a consumer, I don't appreciate all slants becoming only Prototype and never as the main line. To me, they are "testing" their prototypes on the consumers. Simply toying with buyers, dragging them along. If you're going to make a prototype, make smaller numbers until you have a finalize product. Not sell all your testing dummies for profits.

Maybe all the RR Slants shave better with different blades. I dont know, I haven't bothered to experiement different razors with the slants. This is my own personal  opinion about RR and their slants. Would I buy another one? Maybe if its not a prototype. YMMV.

31 737
 07-28-2015, 05:15 PM
User Info
I understand the frustration and I too wish that it was more widely available, but if that's how Joe wants to play the game, who am I to say he shouldn't.
It's his business, his hobby, and his extra money/time.  I am sure if he wanted to make more money off of these, he can charge double what he used to charge and still be able to sell them all, no problem.
Maybe it's in the pipeline, or not.  Who knows.   We shouldn't digress much. 

Aside from that, I should say that shaves I get from stealths are closer to BBS than DFS.  Face feels great even after 3~4 passes with touch ups.  The face passes the alum block test with a flying color.
No stings from alum or AS with alcohol content in it.

Anyone notice the difference between V4 and previous iterations?
Debating whether I should try really hard to acquire one or not.

53 760
 07-28-2015, 05:31 PM
User Info
I've yet to use a RR, but I don't think I would go crazy trading for a v4 if I already had a v3. There are so many other pieces of treasure out there you need to save your tradeables for!

Then again if somebody offered a reasonable trade I'd say go for it, reasonable is the key word in my humble opinion

28 781
 07-28-2015, 05:51 PM
User Info
(07-28-2015, 05:31 PM)Safelysimpson Wrote: I've yet to use a RR, but I don't think I would go crazy trading for a v4 if I already had a v3. There are so many other pieces of treasure out there you need to save your tradeables for!

Then again if somebody offered a reasonable trade I'd say go for it, reasonable is the key word in my humble opinion

I concur on that "save your trade-ables"

53 760
 07-28-2015, 06:29 PM
User Info
RRBS not for sale. quit spamming me, you amateurs.

31 737