06-23-2012, 09:47 PM
User Info
I've been using Williams mug shaving soap as both a bath soap and a pre-shave soap and I must say that I've been getting excellent shaves after washing my face with it.

Has anyone else tried using it as a pre-shave soap? If not, give it a try and tell me what you think.

0 214
 06-25-2012, 04:27 PM
User Info
I've used Williams as a pre-shave face cleanser before, and it worked quite well. However, I didn't rinse my face totally clear, before I applied my lather. Just a quick rinse to get the suds cleared away, leaving a very light, but slick feeling over my face... then just lathered right over top (just like Leisureguy explains on how to use MRGLO as a pre-shave soap.)

Now, instead of using Williams as a pre-shave cleanser, I use Noxzema Original Deep Cleansing Cream. I wet my face, rub some Noxzema in, and apply my hot towel. This is a fantastic way to prep your beard and skin, IMHO.

0 28
 06-25-2012, 04:44 PM
User Info
(06-25-2012, 04:27 PM)TheGRman Wrote: Now, instead of using Williams as a pre-shave cleanser, I use Noxzema Original Deep Cleansing Cream. I wet my face, rub some Noxzema in, and apply my hot towel. This is a fantastic way to prep your beard and skin, IMHO.

Noxzema is great stuff. Cheap as all get out too. A lot of barbers growing up used to use that as a pre shave on the neck or as a post shave around your ears and nape after trimming with a straight. Same ingredients as Proraso, Prep etc but cost 10x less

2 697