06-23-2012, 09:58 PM
User Info
We have very hard water at our mountain cabin, and we only get up there 5-6 times per year. I prefer soaps over creams. It would take "forever" to use up a tub of cream, and they should be used up sooner than "forever." Soooo -- does anyone have a recommendation for a good soap that works particularly well in hard water?

15 316
 06-24-2012, 03:06 AM
User Info
I live in an area that has very hard water. The important thing when lathering with hard water is to really load your brush. You can do this with any soap, but the Italian soft soaps really make this easy to do. So take a look at the RazoRock soaps, P.160, Cella, etc.

31 7,914
 06-24-2012, 08:20 AM
  • njpaddy
  • Central New Jersey
User Info
If you're talking about leaving it at the cabin, what about going with shave sticks like Tabac, La Toja or Arko? They are fairly inexpensive, easy to lather and hard water shouldn't be as much of a problem. I don't use sticks at home that often, but I usually take several with me when I go on vacation.

0 204
 06-24-2012, 10:04 AM
  • Sargon
  • St. Louis, Missouri
User Info
Arko does work well in hard water (load, swirl in bowl, and load a second time though), as do Italian soft soaps. The most important thing with hard water is to load like crazy and bowl lather. hard water is unforgiving, and I find that it requires the precision in lather making that you just don't get face lathering.

1 189