08-06-2015, 06:48 PM
User Info
[Image: Frank-Williams-CDV.jpg][Image: 1.jpg]
http://www.circushistory.org/History/Kin...in1888.htm

In 1888, this man named Frank Williams was known as a "fat man." I literally couldn't believe it. You can walk into any Walmart today and see a bunch of guys that look like him. Apparently he weighed about 500-something pounds but I call BS on that claim... Can anyone debunk this? I still am in disbelief. The circus history site does seem to back this up as well.

18 713
 08-06-2015, 08:45 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I think 1888 America would be a tough time to fake weights. Remember, we were still largely rural and people were more intimate with animal butchering and could easily 'dress out' this guy by eye alone. If you read up on Sumo wrestlers they need a few years to gain those massive bodywieghts. So, perhaps this was an earlier photo before he hit 500 lbs.

2 3,171
 08-06-2015, 09:20 PM
User Info
Guys supposed to be around 7ft tall as well. I dunno though it's kind of hard without something to reference for size. To me he's 350-400. According to his height and weight he's supposed to be the same size as a wrestler named the big show. In those pictures he is about half the size of big show.

3 1,356