08-09-2015, 03:32 PM
User Info
If you have AS splash for sale, let me know.
If you have xxx soap to go with it, even better.

I checked italian barber and they are out of it and according to Joe, scent artisans? are on vacation until end of summer, so go figure.
Here is a man who can't wait to try it.  

Heard that xxx AS is pretty similar to fine italian citrus, so here's to hoping I will fall in love and I won't have to wait for italian citrus to come back in stock.

53 760
 08-09-2015, 03:40 PM
User Info
The 2014 xxx soap I have smells wonderful. I believe it's modeled after ADP I coloniali. I think I need to pull that one out more frequently

28 777
 08-09-2015, 03:41 PM
User Info
I have a almost full bottle of XXX splash but would only do a trade for something else hard to get

9 270
 08-09-2015, 03:49 PM
User Info
(08-09-2015, 03:41 PM)fgeib07 Wrote: I have a almost full bottle of XXX splash but would only do a trade for something else hard to get

hmmm...i don't really have any rare splashes or soaps for that matter....

53 760
 08-09-2015, 03:51 PM
User Info
(08-09-2015, 03:40 PM)Safelysimpson Wrote: The 2014 xxx soap I have smells wonderful. I believe it's modeled after ADP I coloniali. I think I need to pull that one out more frequently

Is this the so-called first batch? I heard the first version was ADP inspired, and the subsequent versions were less similar to ADP.
either way, I heard it's a fabulous soap/splash.

I already ordered x and xx from IB directly and is currently en route.  I think I am at the end stage of R.A.D and starting my new journey to ASAD..

53 760
 08-09-2015, 04:06 PM
User Info
I believe the first batch was by Fine. The ones after that were from RazoRock's source artisan.

Far left is the first XXX splash. Then I think came the dark bottles (middle) and the new ones will probably be in clear bottles (right).

These are mine but the XXX is not for sale or trade. Three of the worst names in AS or soaps, but I can overlook that.

[Image: 7c3247b98070845e8b2a450988c5ffec.jpg]

8 2,718
 08-09-2015, 04:12 PM
User Info
(08-09-2015, 03:41 PM)fgeib07 Wrote: I have a almost full bottle of XXX splash but would only do a trade for something else hard to get

Is this actually hard to get guys? I've seen this same person post something was discontinued and was proved wrong shortly after

@parachute I didn't know there were so many versions, I thought 2 but I don't know the entire history. My soap came in a lot I received from deuce. Good luck

28 777
 08-09-2015, 04:12 PM
  • Csd3
  • Denver, Co
User Info
Razorblades and More has had a limited release of Caties Bubbles Inspiration de Parma and an IdP toner.  Wowwwwww !!!! iTop notch  AdP original  clone..... and its Caties.   Need I say more?

7 325
 08-09-2015, 04:14 PM
User Info
(08-09-2015, 04:12 PM)Safelysimpson Wrote: Is this actually hard to get guys? I've seen this same person post something was discontinued and was proved wrong shortly after

No, it is just out of stock at the moment. Someone asked on Instagram when it would be back and I think Joe said September. You could check with him confirm.

The guy only wanting to trade for another rare item, is the same guy that traded his RR for an open offer LE item and took someone for a Wolfman.

The only version that is LE or hard to get, is the one made by Fine (as shown above). I think they only made a batch or two.

8 2,718
 08-09-2015, 04:32 PM
User Info
(08-09-2015, 04:06 PM)Bruce Wrote: I believe the first batch was by Fine.  The ones after that were from RazoRock's source artisan.

Far left is the first XXX splash.  Then I think came the dark bottles (middle) and the new ones will probably be in clear bottles (right).

These are mine but the XXX is not for sale or trade.  Three of the worst names in AS or soaps, but I can overlook that.

[Image: 7c3247b98070845e8b2a450988c5ffec.jpg]

I have the mudder focker soap and don't mind the scent and the lather is great.
How do you like the Mudder focker AS? mudder focker soap scent is just indescribable, so I wonder how the AS would be.

53 760
 08-09-2015, 04:34 PM
User Info
(08-09-2015, 04:14 PM)Bruce Wrote:
(08-09-2015, 04:12 PM)Safelysimpson Wrote: Is this actually hard to get guys? I've seen this same person post something was discontinued and was proved wrong shortly after

No, it is just out of stock at the moment.  Someone asked on Instagram when it would be back and I think Joe said September.  You could check with him confirm.

The guy only wanting to trade for another rare item, is the same guy that traded his RR for an open offer LE item and took someone for a Wolfman.

The only version that is LE or hard to get, is the one made by Fine (as shown above).  I think they only made a batch or two.
I think you are right, after the summer vacation, artisans who make the splashes go back to making some more.
Currently waiting for tight buns AS and XXX to come back.

Also thinking about pulling the trigger on stallion AS + soap combo, read raving reviews of those in many places.  I have to get them some time in the future.

53 760
 08-09-2015, 04:34 PM
User Info
(08-09-2015, 04:32 PM)arachutefactory Wrote: now that you say it and have them altogether like that, those are the worst names they could have picked, but XXX can be interpreted in many different ways lol. 

When I walk talking about first batch, I was talking about the soap, sorry for the confusion.  I heard that first batch or original XXX soap was very similar to ADP, and the subsequent batches, not so similar, but pretty darn good.

And the XXX fine you have there is a pretty rare item too I think.  Do you know if that smells any different from razorock version of xxx AS?
Just curious, even if not, there's no way of getting those anyway, I won't really have to worry about it.

The first batch of XXX soap was rebranded AdP soap, same scent and ingredients from the AdP factory (there is a pic online to prove it.  It was proven and confirmed, but people still deny it.  I also believe the XXX name is based on Joe's childhood golfing and having to buy X-Out golf balls, the cheap ones...at least that's what I remember reading.

I don't have the RR XXX AS version, so can't say if they are similar...sorry.

8 2,718
 08-09-2015, 04:40 PM
User Info
(08-09-2015, 04:34 PM)Bruce Wrote:
(08-09-2015, 04:32 PM)arachutefactory Wrote: now that you say it and have them altogether like that, those are the worst names they could have picked, but XXX can be interpreted in many different ways lol. 

When I walk talking about first batch, I was talking about the soap, sorry for the confusion.  I heard that first batch or original XXX soap was very similar to ADP, and the subsequent batches, not so similar, but pretty darn good.

And the XXX fine you have there is a pretty rare item too I think.  Do you know if that smells any different from razorock version of xxx AS?
Just curious, even if not, there's no way of getting those anyway, I won't really have to worry about it.

The first batch of XXX soap was rebranded AdP soap, same scent and ingredients from the AdP factory (there is a pic online to prove it.  It was proven and confirmed, but people still deny it.  I also believe the XXX name is based on Joe's childhood golfing and having to buy X-Out golf balls, the cheap ones...at least that's what I remember reading.

I don't have the RR XXX AS version, so can't say if they are similar...sorry.

that's frigging cool.  I saw TSE video comparing the XXX, ADP and parma inspiration, so I figured they were either similar or same, but Chris only said the scent and feel was almost identical. Maybe they were really identical.

53 760
 08-09-2015, 05:05 PM
User Info
I noticed you've been looking for all the old unicorns. I got about 65% or so left of the RR XXX AS, not Fine though. As for me, I've managed to stop hoarding and selling off parts of my den. You can only do so much with shaving, so I decided to sell off parts of my collection for another hobby.

31 739
 08-09-2015, 06:45 PM
User Info
I have every single version of the XXX aftershaves (and soaps). The Fine XXX aftershave is lovely, but the RazoRock XXX are nothing to pass up on either. I'm very happy with both versions.

28 349
 08-09-2015, 06:57 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
(08-09-2015, 06:45 PM)TomTomTuning Wrote: I have every single version of the XXX aftershaves (and soaps). The Fine XXX aftershave is lovely, but the RazoRock XXX are nothing to pass up on either. I'm very happy with both versions.

How do these compare to Italian Citrus?

77 1,393
 08-09-2015, 07:02 PM
User Info
(08-09-2015, 06:57 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(08-09-2015, 06:45 PM)TomTomTuning Wrote: I have every single version of the XXX aftershaves (and soaps). The Fine XXX aftershave is lovely, but the RazoRock XXX are nothing to pass up on either. I'm very happy with both versions.

I've never had Italian Citrus, but I've heard that it never really did resemble AdP Colonia as much as they intended it too. XXX is a bit closer in my opinion.

28 349
 08-09-2015, 07:12 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
(08-09-2015, 07:02 PM)TomTomTuning Wrote:
(08-09-2015, 06:57 PM)Gabe Wrote:

I've never had Italian Citrus, but I've heard that it never really did resemble AdP Colonia as much as they intended it too. XXX is a bit closer in my opinion.
I've had/have different versions of IC and I really enjoy the scent. I've never had XXX AS (only soap) but I will have to pick some up whenever it becomes available again . Thanks.

77 1,393
 08-09-2015, 08:01 PM
User Info
(08-09-2015, 07:12 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(08-09-2015, 07:02 PM)TomTomTuning Wrote:
(08-09-2015, 06:57 PM)Gabe Wrote: How do these compare to Italian Citrus?

I've had/have different versions of IC and I really enjoy the scent. I've never had XXX AS (only soap) but I will have to pick some up whenever it becomes available again . Thanks.

XXX is a funny scent to me. I wasn't crazy about it at first,but I used it and liked the performance. The smell from the soap lingered for awhile and it grew on me. One of my favorites now. So OP when you find the splash don't use much...lol it'll be on BST in a few days after you get it and I'll trade you something for it. Biggrin you know I'm just having fun with you right. FWIW I've dealt with the OP and it was as smooth a transaction as I've ever had. He even packages his items to survive being thrown from an airplane... Thumbup

3 1,356
 08-10-2015, 02:36 AM
User Info
(08-09-2015, 08:01 PM)Otis375 Wrote:
(08-09-2015, 07:12 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(08-09-2015, 07:02 PM)TomTomTuning Wrote: I've never had Italian Citrus, but I've heard that it never really did resemble AdP Colonia as much as they intended it too. XXX is a bit closer in my opinion.

XXX is a funny scent to me. I wasn't crazy about it at first,but I used it and liked the performance. The smell from the soap lingered for awhile and it grew on me. One of my favorites now. So OP when you find the splash don't use much...lol it'll be on BST in a few days after you get it and I'll trade you something for it. Biggrin you know I'm just having fun with you right. FWIW I've dealt with the OP and it was as smooth a transaction as I've ever had. He even packages his items to survive being thrown from an airplane... Thumbup

I will take it easy on them.  I am currently intoxicated with freedberg and lorangr noir.  Both awesome scents.  Cant put enough on me!

53 760