08-10-2015, 04:28 PM
User Info
I have the Santa Maria Novella Crema da Barba (which is scented with the Tabacco Toscano cologne).  I also have the SMN Tabacco Toscano cologne.  I don't find a paired aftershave for it.  Does one exist?  Can anyone recommend one?

0 314
 08-10-2015, 10:37 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I do not have their cologne but I do use SMN, and every time I use it, I finish with Floid Blue.

[Image: 1A8v1rQ.jpg]

179 23,928
 08-11-2015, 03:14 AM
User Info
(08-10-2015, 10:37 PM)Johnny Wrote: I do not have their cologne but I do use SMN, and every time I use it, I finish with Floid Blue.

I may be mis-remembering, but I believe you have the old formulation.  The newer formulation (which I have) is scented with the Tabacco Toscano cologne.

[Image: UlizAvL.jpg]

[Image: eEPbXFE.jpg]

0 314
 08-11-2015, 11:19 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
You know, you are absolutely correct.  I do have the original formula.  I guess I need to buy some of the new to see how it works with my Floid Blue.

I wonder how this new version would work with Alt Innsbruck?  It has kind of a tobacco scent to it.

On a side note: Don't get caught doing 120 in a 55 in Athens.  You might wind up in the Henderson County jail. Smile

179 23,928
 08-11-2015, 04:08 PM
User Info
(08-11-2015, 11:19 AM)Johnny Wrote: You know, you are absolutely correct.  I do have the original formula.  I guess I need to buy some of the new to see how it works with my Floid Blue.

I wonder how this new version would work with Alt Innsbruck?  It has kind of a tobacco scent to it.

On a side note: Don't get caught doing 120 in a 55 in Athens.  You might wind up in the Henderson County jail. Smile

My wife hates Alt-Innsbruck, unfortunately.  She says if smells like cheap hotel air freshener. Ha!  So, it's going to the back of the shelf.  She does like the Tabacco Toscano and Acqua di Parma Colonia.  And one of my new favorites XPEC Lime & Ginger!  Wow, have you checked that stuff out?!?  I got a sample in my last Bullgoose order, and it is lovely.  I never imagined I would like "lime" as a base note for a cologne.  I don't have any soaps with lime, but I know there are quite a few out there.  The XPEC cologne is just really nice, though.  But I digress...

Here's the quote from my website (which I haven't updated in quite some time) explaining the origin of "120inna55"

Quote:It's my online alias.  Just google "120inna55" and you'll see where I've been.  A long time ago, when I ventured into the online realm, I needed a moniker.  At the time, I was enthralled with my really fast car.  I was a wannabe rebel, so my wife encouraged me to use an alias that would reflect my new-found brashness.  120inna55 is supposed to represent a traffic violation---120 mph in a 55 mph zone.  "120 in a 55" is the speeding ticket I never got and probably never will.  Honestly, the name never really reflected my true self, but I suppose that's the beauty of having an online persona.  In reality, I do, for the most part, follow the rules.

0 314
 08-11-2015, 04:11 PM
User Info
Folsom and Co. Shady Past. Hands down best pairing i have encountered other than unscented witch hazel and the Tuscano Cologne. Thats what I use

0 517
 08-11-2015, 05:40 PM
User Info
(08-11-2015, 04:11 PM)DamnitGoose Wrote: Folsom and Co. Shady Past. Hands down best pairing i have encountered other than unscented witch hazel and the Tuscano Cologne. Thats what I use

I'm a face and head shaver, so the real estate involved would mean a bit more product than that of face-only shavers.  Hence, I can't really use EdCs as aftershave without smelling like old men and women with blown-out olfactories who smell like they've been steeped in their respective fragrances.  

Your recommendation of F&C Shady Past has been echoed numerous times elsewhere, so I just ordered it along with Black Powder (simply because it sounds interesting).  While I was on Maggard's site, I decided to order some Snake Bite and Ghost Town Barber for a friend...but then I'm a little low on Snake Bite, so I need to order 2...while I'm at it, the RazoRock XXX balm is becoming increasingly difficult to find, so I'll pick up a bottle of that...$90 later...

0 314
 08-11-2015, 05:45 PM
User Info
(08-11-2015, 05:40 PM)120inna55 Wrote:
(08-11-2015, 04:11 PM)DamnitGoose Wrote: Folsom and Co. Shady Past. Hands down best pairing i have encountered other than unscented witch hazel and the Tuscano Cologne. Thats what I use

I'm a face and head shaver, so the real estate involved would mean a bit more product than that of face-only shavers.  Hence, I can't really use EdCs as aftershave without smelling like old men and women with blown-out olfactories who smell like they've been steeped in their respective fragrances.  

Your recommendation of F&C Shady Past has been echoed numerous times elsewhere, so I just ordered it along with Black Powder (simply because it sounds interesting).  While I was on Maggard's site, I decided to order some Snake Bite and Ghost Town Barber for a friend...but then I'm a little low on Snake Bite, so I need to order 2...while I'm at it, the RazoRock XXX balm is becoming increasingly difficult to find, so I'll pick up a bottle of that...$90 later...
So when you try the shady past, you will note two things first. A boat load of menthol, and the scent combined with alcohol. At first it's not great, but give it time (1-2 minutes) and you will be rewarded with its true scent. A very nice tobacco flower scent that is light, but noticeable. You can really pour the stuff on and it won't kill anyone, so in my opinion it is perfect for someone with lots of real estate. I hope you enjoy it like I enjoy it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

0 517
 08-11-2015, 06:04 PM
User Info
(08-10-2015, 10:37 PM)Johnny Wrote: I do not have their cologne but I do use SMN, and every time I use it, I finish with Floid Blue.

Sir, you are a winner!  Lovely setup Johnny Number_one

61 3,796
 08-12-2015, 06:24 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
I enjoy Boellis Panama 1924 aftershave with the new SMdF. The tobacco flower & vanilla match nicely. And not overpowering.

169 1,424
 08-12-2015, 06:24 AM
User Info
If the F&C Shady Past doesn't end up working for you, you can always take some of the cologne and mix your own aftershave.  That is what I ended up doing.

0 16
 08-12-2015, 12:24 PM
User Info
I generally use Proraso Green or my homemade concoction of Osage Rub, Whitchazel and SMN Tobacco Toscano Cologne.

55 923