08-10-2015, 04:58 PM
User Info
So I have a Shavecraft Tech and I love it. It's my favorite razor. I also have an iKon OC which is also really nice but I don't like it quite as much as the tech. I'm now thinking about another iKon. Does the SB vary enough from the Tech to be worth buying or should I go with something different? Also considering a Shavecraft 101 which is obviously cheaper than the SB and much different than the Tech or OC that I already have.

11 195
 08-10-2015, 06:59 PM
User Info
I'm curious myself. I've heard they are pretty much the same but I don't know. Just used my tech and I'm bleeding a little(always do when I use it )but what a shave.

3 1,356
 08-10-2015, 07:10 PM
User Info
I do believe theres a thread or 2 on the nook comparing them. The SB falls somewhere in between the tech and OC from what I remember.

I personally have the sb plate in both dlc and stainless, the dlc version is smoother than the stainless and provides a nice close shave, I usually end up with maybe 1 nick. The OC I have in stainless its a nice moderately aggressive razor that gives me a nice smooth nick free shave. I enjoy both equally much, depends on my mood

28 779
 08-10-2015, 09:54 PM
User Info
(08-10-2015, 04:58 PM)Yellowv Wrote: So I have a Shavecraft Tech and I love it. It's my favorite razor. I also have an iKon OC which is also really nice but I don't like it quite as much as the tech. I'm now thinking about another iKon. Does the SB vary enough from the Tech to be worth buying or should I go with something different? Also considering a Shavecraft 101 which is obviously cheaper than the SB and much different than the Tech or OC that I already have.

My recollection of the SB is that it isn't as aggressive as the Shavecraft Tech. It is still fairly aggressive, but not quite to the same level as the latter.

You might want to reconsider the Shavecraft 101 as that is a fairly mild shaver unless that is what you are looking for.

83 21,077
 08-10-2015, 10:13 PM
User Info
Strangely enough I get a much more comfortable shave from the Tech than the OC. I tend to nick the crap out of myself with the OC if I'm not careful. I rarely get a nick from the tech. I find they need much different blade angles. The Tech likes a steeper angle while the OC a shallow angle. As for the 101 I know it's a mild shaver, but many say it's very efficient. Others just say it's way too mild. It would be taking a crap shoot for me. I do prefer aggressive, but I also love the mild and efficient shave an Old pre war Tech gives as well.

11 195
 08-11-2015, 08:49 AM
User Info
Good luck with your decisions, Joe! Smile

83 21,077
 08-11-2015, 01:42 PM
User Info
Well I ordered the iKon SB. We will see how I like it soon enough.

11 195
 08-17-2015, 06:24 PM
User Info
Tried out the iKon SB for the first time today. I have to say it's very similar to the Tech. Smooth, efficient and aggressive. It is quite audible just like the tech and it also likes a steep angle like the tech. It is probably slightly smoother, due to the Teflon finish. The jury is still out but I like it at least as much as the tech which was previously my favorite razor. I prefer it leaps and bounds over the iKon OC. It looks and feels awesome. Perfect fit and finish and great balance. Glad I got it. 

[Image: 8112FF83-6D0C-421B-A2FD-14702E6B96C4_zpsffbzt7lz.jpg]

11 195