06-24-2012, 10:55 AM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
So I went to C&E today to get some bathr bar refills for myself and low and behold they had Sienna cream, this is the first time i have seen it before, the store has always had the nomad so i picked myself up a tube, complete with fancy tub key

[Image: IMG_1019.JPG]
i dropped in just over an almond sized amount, the key made me squeeze out a little more then i would have liked and hit my wet Kent brush to it (it was at this point i remembered to get my camera for ya'll)
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-F0iR7...G_1021.JPG
now with camera in hand an empty scuttle was a bit hard to manage so i went to my palm and got the cream to where it felt right, nice and slick this stuff is... not quite as slick as the soap is but i could feel it sinking into my hands as i was loading....

[Image: IMG_1023.JPG]
I think this has a better skin care effect, not that the soap is bad mind you but i believe thats the trade off with many soap vs. cream products out there so what you lose in slickness it makes up for in cushion

the scent of this seems to be more powerfull but my puck is several months old so its tough to say what would happen if you did a loaded sid by side comparison of the two.

I really do like this stuff and havent had a chance to shave with it yet but I will tonight and drop back in with the shave part of things

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-IUAI6...G_1024.JPG

Btw a little bit goes a long way
heres the ingrediants sorry about the blurryness on it, one hand wet holding the box and the other on the camera was not a good plan lol
[Image: IMG_1027.JPG]

arg some of the pictures just dropped links not sure why, but ill post thoughts and some values on what i think after i shave with it in a bit it one thing to feel slick between my fingers but we will let the blade and razor weigh in and ill post on value after as well,...

that being said after a few minutes i can feel the difference between the hand i lathered in and the one i didn't it feels like it should moisturized, but not greasy firm but not tight, I'm looking forward to it for sure

3 748
 06-24-2012, 11:26 AM
User Info
The C&E creams are top notch and provide great moisturizing. I have not tried the Sienna but really like the Sweet Almond Oil cream.

29 1,731
 06-24-2012, 11:32 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
The soap and its scent is one of my fav. I have seen the cream on a couple Crabtree and Evelyn Stores,but I bought the soap in both times.
Reading its ingredients looks like a UK made shaving cream from the traditional companies,but with more ingredients.
I bet that smells fantastic.

86 7,123
 06-24-2012, 12:01 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
It does smell wonderful, the soap is one of my top 3 soaps right now, i just took the cream out for a test drive and it is a great performer
preshave was just a wash with biotherm facial cleanser t-pur
face lathered up one of the best smelling products i have found for myself yet
shaved with a slim on 4 using a supermax SP
did a two pass with touch ups and a lil buff in a problem area
which hazel to end it all off

out of 5, one being least desirable

slickness 3.5 but i dont think i have dialed this in just yet, what i had left in the brush when i was done was plenty thick and stable i could have taken this wetter and probably slicker

comfort/cushion 4 no weepers on me no nicks or cuts, was more then confident when buffing the cream would do whats it is supposed to do my face felt great during the shave

value 3.5 well not the cheapest out there, at 15 bucks its not to bad, most cream tubs are 5.3 Oz (AOS, TOBS, TheGR), and most of them are in the 30 dollar range though TOBS still about 20, so double up this to the 30 dollar value and you would get 7 oz worth of cream for 30 bucks, for how it performed i would be more then happy to pay that again, its a shame this is only in a tube and not the tub that sandalwood comes in

its been five minutes or so, and i feel the WH is enough i have a tingle here and there but nothing uncomfortable my face feels smooth firm and properly moisturized, After one round if things did not change i would certainly buy this product again, funny i dont see it on the canadian, or american websites though

3 748
 06-24-2012, 06:42 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Which one do you like the best,the shaving soap or the cream?
I just have a hard time believing that the cream could perform better than the soap.Well,I mean,to take care of my very dry skin better than the soap.

86 7,123
 06-24-2012, 06:59 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
well its tough to say after using the cream just once, but i think more then likely the soap, if nothing else those 9 dollar bucks will outlast that tub of cream...
but i have some time to spend with the cream yet to give a better answer to that question
but Ive seen in threads that creams, will generally have more protective qualities then soaps, though ive never felt that way across more gear before, this is the second product line i have had both cream and soap (the first being proraso) the scent is slightly different in cream form but not very much, and my face feels great as it does after the soap, i would need to use it longer to really tell the big differences but if someone is a cream guy or a soap guy either or would be a great selection in my books,.... but i am a bit biased towards soaps myself lol

3 748
 06-24-2012, 07:10 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(06-24-2012, 06:59 PM)syngent Wrote: well its tough to say after using the cream just once, but i think more then likely the soap, if nothing else those 9 dollar bucks will outlast that tub of cream...
but i have some time to spend with the cream yet to give a better answer to that question
but Ive seen in threads that creams, will generally have more protective qualities then soaps, though ive never felt that way across more gear before, this is the second product line i have had both cream and soap (the first being proraso) the scent is slightly different in cream form but not very much, and my face feels great as it does after the soap, i would need to use it longer to really tell the big differences but if someone is a cream guy or a soap guy either or would be a great selection in my books,.... but i am a bit biased towards soaps myself lol

Thank you so much and I will expect your answer,after more experimention/shaves with the shaving cream.

I have another question for you,Robert Downey Jr or Jeremy Brett as the best actor performing Sherlock Holmes ever?Of course,you can always choose Basil Rathbone Biggrin

86 7,123
 06-24-2012, 08:17 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
well brett did holmes for over a decade, Downey only a couple of movies under his belt, im going to have to give Brett the edge unless Downey can take the character for a few years more, although i do like Downeys version of him, if nothing more then its different, but it may just be becuase of modern time

3 748
 06-25-2012, 05:19 AM
User Info
I have both the the Sienna soap and cream. An English website (thebeautystall.co.uk) was selling the cream recently at a killer price (£2,50), and we did a small group-buy on the Portuguese forum.

The cream smells wonderfully. But between the cream and the soap, I think I prefer the soap, it has a slightly better scent and it lasts longer.

2 5,527
 06-25-2012, 07:05 AM
User Info
Good review. Thanks for providing it.

183 12,002
 06-25-2012, 09:39 AM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
So I went back to the soap today so i could quickly see both next to one another, and ill go back to cream tomorrow but....
since it was only a day and i am much more familiar with the soap i gave it no easy task, there was no slim set on 4 here, this time i grabbed my ball end old type OC and loaded it with a gillette yellow did a two pass with a bit of cleaning was very gentle as i dont usually shave back to back but do do it from time to time (usually around the same time i get new stuff ) not quite bbs but certainly dfs a few small patches i could go back and clean up but i dont want to push it either specially with a razor that can bite with the best of them

i had already washed my face this morning as i had an appointment so i put some moisturizer on let it sink in then held a hot wet towel to my face, loaded the brush applied to face and shaved with only on little weeper i got on chin, was small enough that the cold water i rinsed with after took care of it. then some witch hazel to finish off

the scent is a bit different, all the same notes but ordered up a bit differently again not sure its cause my puck is older but different products from different factories i would say they are bound to be slightly off,... both are pleasant but i do prefer the puck over the cream, to mean a bit more spicy notes come through the cream, and a bit more sweetness comes through on the soap but not having both side by side im sure my memory would have them the same

after about ten minutes from post shave my face feels great no balm or lotions needed again and i can still pick up notes from the soap wofting around from time to time cream needs more time with me, but still value wise i dont think my cream will last the months the pucks do so 9 dollar puck vs. 15 dollar cream, and my own biased to soaps i think they are close enough i would just stick with the soap anyway,... but ill shave with the cream a few more times and report back in, take it through a couple of OCs and aggressive blades and see if i can nail it down

3 748
 07-12-2012, 06:11 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
so i have used the cream a whole lot more, and thought i would chime back in, the cream is the stronger for sure between my two, but i still prefer the pucks balance to the cream, both are great shaves couldnt really pick a winner between the two on performance alone, they both do what they should protecting the skin and all, given i prefer soaps to creams for no other reason then i prefer soaps to cream, and the value on the puck is better as it will out last what would be several tubes of the cream, and is 6 bucks cheaper to buy anyway i dont think i will see the cream in a tub anytime soon

just some final thoughts thought i would share

3 748
 07-12-2012, 10:25 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
I just stopped at the South Coast Plaza Mall in SO Cal today and got some samples of the Nomad and Sandalwood shaving creams,since they didnt have the Sienna.Ill try them out,but Im sure the creams arent as good as the shaving soaps (skin care wise,I mean).The scent is strong in the sandalwood one,but not really strong in the Nomad one,or at least,not stronget than the shaving soap.

86 7,123
 07-13-2012, 08:30 AM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
I struck half a tube of the sienna in a travel box i started see if any of the guys have much to say on the matter but I only know a couple f the 15 guys getting the box and their experience levels

3 748
 07-14-2012, 08:45 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I've used the Nomad cream and I have some of the Sienna in the tub that I'm yet to try. C&E is very expensive here in Australia. I like the scent, but I wasn't blown away by this cream...

91 17,823
 07-17-2012, 04:52 PM
User Info
I haven't tried the Sienna, but the C&E Sandalwood is one of my absolute favorites. I wouldn't be without it.

11 177