08-12-2015, 12:13 PM
User Info
Shaved today with SC Courage, one of my favorites, trying to finish the tub.

I ordered a full tub of Stirling Executive Man and received it this afternoon. Like a child, I ripped open the box and smelled the new arrival...damned if it's not exactly the same as the scent of SC Courage!!!

I was a little disappointed, hoping for a new, awesome scent, but I love the scent of Courage so much, I'm over the dissapointment and excited for my next shave.

So...vegan Soap Commander versus tallow Stirling...let's see what happens....

20 346
 08-12-2015, 12:30 PM
User Info
Never tried anything Stirling, tried 3 different soap commander and all were top shelf. Rooting for the home team(soap commander ) on this one.

3 1,356
 08-12-2015, 01:42 PM
User Info
Stirling is a good soap! I have the Executive Man soap as well. It's loosely based off Aventus. Smells nice and great performance. I use it ever 1 to 2 weeks depending on rotation size at that time.

147 3,464
 08-12-2015, 02:05 PM
User Info
I like & have 5 different Stirling soaps & my favorite is Orange Chill they all are very good.............Ernie

20 441
 08-12-2015, 02:15 PM
User Info
I own both. 

At first I was like "this guy is crazy" but then i went into my bathroom and yep you are right. I think that The SC scent is spicier, but they base is identical. I never pinned the courage scent for a Creed Aventus inspired scent

0 517
 08-13-2015, 09:54 AM
User Info
I find Courage to be a bit sweeter, and Executive Man to be a bit more citrus-y.  They are definitely cut from the same cloth.

Soap Commander and Stirling are currently my 2 favorite soaps, with a few tins of Mike's Naturals on the way to try out.  I personally think the performance I get from Stirling soaps is a little better with my hard water, the tallow and lanolin really make for a super slick soap even in hard water.  I'm curious to hear what you think about performance between the two.

10 407
 08-13-2015, 03:02 PM
User Info
(08-12-2015, 02:15 PM)DamnitGoose Wrote: I own both. 

At first I was like "this guy is crazy" but then i went into my bathroom and yep you are right. I think that The SC scent is spicier, but they base is identical. I never pinned the courage scent for a Creed Aventus inspired scent

Agreed! Trying the Stirling tomorrow morning...

Side note - was up in Beantown a couple of weeks ago...Funny...went to Northeastern for a year in the 80's...must have been in a fog (bong,beer)...learned a lot about Boston this trip. Cool town!

20 346
 08-13-2015, 03:13 PM
User Info
(08-13-2015, 03:02 PM)Mitchcumsteen Wrote:
(08-12-2015, 02:15 PM)DamnitGoose Wrote: I own both. 

Agreed! Trying the Stirling tomorrow morning...

Side note - was up in Beantown a couple of weeks ago...Funny...went to Northeastern for a year in the 80's...must have been in a fog (bong,beer)...learned a lot about Boston this trip. Cool town!

Plus we have Colonial Drug, which is a really killer place to go for shaving and frag supplies

0 517