08-13-2015, 06:56 AM
User Info
Anyone else out there feel like they have enough. You know what I am talking about. I have literally emptied my various shopping carts before making the purchase at least 12 times in the last week. So much of the Fora emphasize new products and I am as curious as the next. New vendors almost weekly. Business is booming and I get it. Sometimes it just booms a little too fast for me. But, as I have been described by the people who know me best, I was born 100 years to late.   Sisi

39 3,868
 08-13-2015, 06:57 AM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
I'm there, brother. I always break, though. :-)

22 823
 08-13-2015, 06:59 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
I am there as well. But ineffectively... I have so many new soaps in particular and have been attempting to hold off any additional but have some inbound this week.

I did pack up a box of "must tries" and sent them to a friend who I gifted a starter set. At least cleared some room...

As somebody said on the forum a long time ago: "Soap is for suckers" and I can't seem to stop buying more. So many great things for wetshavers, I guess it a good problem to have.

2 1,180
 08-13-2015, 07:03 AM
User Info
I'm right there with you. I'm in no need or want of anything except my Wolfman I'm still waiting/trying to aquire. If I see an awesome deal that's too good to turn down in the BST I will jump on it but don't really need or care for anything else at this time. Kind of nice saving that $ lol.

147 3,459
 08-13-2015, 07:06 AM
User Info
I'm kinda like that with soaps as well. I may buy the odd here and there. I need to do a clearing soon tho. Soaps and splashes.

82 2,178
 08-13-2015, 07:09 AM
User Info
I'm pretty settled with soaps and razors at this point.  Brushes?  That's a whole different story, I love good brushes, specially Simpson's.  Biggrin

61 3,796
 08-13-2015, 07:23 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I am also there with you, Primo. During the last months, I derailed. I am waiting a package and I will stop for a long time...

49 1,938
 08-13-2015, 07:31 AM
User Info
still melt over a great brush but now its on to wallets for awhile

73 1,260
 08-13-2015, 07:47 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
(08-13-2015, 07:03 AM)FreddieP318ti Wrote: anything except my Wolfman

I am on the waiting list for a Wolfman as well and have a couple of handles from Toby that I am excited to get.

Hector has me bookmarking the PILS site now but have not pulled the trigger.

Brushes, I am kind of set but have a couple that are inbound/in process.

It really is a disease...

2 1,180
 08-13-2015, 07:50 AM
  • Balj86
  • Maryland USA
User Info
I'm completely with you on that Primo and not alone. As for myself I working on some personal endeavors and need to save up. But If I were to buy something I would only allow myself only one thing per month. Also make it a goal to finish a soap before purchasing a new one. As for hardware I ask myself "is it a need or want?" I already have everything but I want everything lol.

10 963
 08-13-2015, 07:56 AM
User Info
I'm very much settled on soaps and almost complete with razors, with one on the way. Probably one or two more brushes, then I'll be done and can start enjoying the whole purpose of this form of shaving. I'll be saving money.  Biggrin

31 5,277
 08-13-2015, 08:59 AM
User Info
(08-13-2015, 07:56 AM)Optometrist Wrote: I'm very much settled on soaps and almost complete with razors, with one on the way. Probably one or two more brushes, then I'll be done and can start enjoying the whole purpose of this form of shaving. I'll be saving money.  Biggrin

Agreed, and I might add that I need to be satisfied enjoying the fantastic stuff already in my den. 

39 3,868
 08-13-2015, 09:03 AM
User Info
(08-13-2015, 06:56 AM)primotenore Wrote: as I have been described by the people who know me best, I was born 100 years to late.   Sisi

Remember the poem "Miniver Cheevy"?

8 896
 08-13-2015, 09:09 AM
User Info
(08-13-2015, 09:03 AM)Rory1262 Wrote:
(08-13-2015, 06:56 AM)primotenore Wrote: as I have been described by the people who know me best, I was born 100 years to late.   Sisi

Remember the poem "Miniver Cheevy"?
I am not so tragic, just Jurassic... Wink

39 3,868
 08-13-2015, 09:31 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
[Image: 2cbzfiX.jpg]
CHANG: Do not worry yourself my dear Conway. Shangri-La has a system to secure all we need, though I regret not being able to share it with you at this time. But we have heard reports of a company called BULLGOOSE in California and have been expecting the first shipment. Sometimes it may take 5 years for a particular delivery to arrive and.....
How extraordinairy! The High Lama just had the most remarkable vision of porters at the entryway with a large consignment from him.
CONWAY: Well, I like your precept of moderation in all things, but if you will excuse me I will be moderately moderate in ordering from him. If I am to live 300 years I will need soap as readily at hand as unpublished Pieces by Mozart!

2 3,171
 08-13-2015, 10:16 AM
  • Hanzo
  • Oakland, California
User Info
Its easy to stop buying , you just have to drop forum memberships. Being on a forum is the main culprit when it comes to buying . We always see something we want , because of the forums. We are contemplating something we want and never knew existed  because of the forums. Look at what that guy has, on the forum. That's beautiful!!! I saw it on the forum.

The forums are great but the more you stay away from them the more gear addiction subsides.

15 541
 08-13-2015, 10:26 AM
User Info
(08-13-2015, 10:16 AM)Hanzo Wrote: Its easy to stop buying , you just have to drop forum memberships. Being on a forum is the main culprit when it comes to buying . We always see something we want , because of the forums. We are contemplating something we want and never knew existed  because of the forums. Look at what that guy has, on the forum. That's beautiful!!! I saw it on the forum.

The forums are great but the more you stay away from them the more gear addiction subsides.
But I like the forum! (Whined in a Pee-wee Herman/Stuart, nasal, throaty emission)  Wave1

39 3,868
 08-13-2015, 10:27 AM
User Info
(08-13-2015, 09:31 AM)kav Wrote: [Image: 2cbzfiX.jpg]
CHANG: Do not worry yourself my dear Conway. Shangri-La has a system to secure all we need, though I regret not being able to share it with you at this time. But we have heard reports of a company called BULLGOOSE in California and have been expecting the first shipment. Sometimes it may take 5 years for a particular delivery to arrive and.....
How extraordinairy! The High Lama just had the most remarkable vision of porters at the entryway with a large consignment from him.
CONWAY: Well, I like your precept of moderation in all things, but if you will excuse me I will be moderately moderate in ordering from him. If I am to live 300 years I will need soap as readily at hand as unpublished Pieces by Mozart!
You know, I forgot to consider my own immortality. 

39 3,868
 08-13-2015, 10:31 AM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
My wet shaving fascination, and AD, is brushes.  I currently own 33, which I think is over the top.  Last week I added up what I'd spent on these brushes, which caused me to choke and seriously to consider selling a few.  Unfortunately! I really like most of my brushes and enjoy using them, but I know there are a few I wouldn't miss so I'm going to bite the bullet and introduce a disciplined culling.

5 882
 08-13-2015, 11:45 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
My family tends to longevity with several members living up to 105- assuming they avoid excess that kills the rest prematurely. I have all of 6 pucks of soap on hand- many others PIF to my homeless veteran's group. I am a very aware person on world geopolitical issues. I have my 72 hour earthquake kit. I recycle and have a minimal carbon footprint. I buy locally produced food and carefully weigh every acquisition on a slim income. I look at those six pucks and I feel more angst than the latest report on any 
number of issues that may wipe us out.

2 3,171