08-15-2015, 01:46 PM
User Info
Anyone knows why this razor is still with the old type of blade design ?

The new one is a bit more rounded, while the old style a bit more squared.

I like the teak wood scale design, and don't care for the new plastic one, which feels flimsy and downright cheap IMHO

[Image: Feather-Artist-Club-DX-Folding-Wood-Hand...azor-1.jpg]

24 6,019
 08-15-2015, 08:29 PM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
I don't know why it still is the old design but having owned all of the Feather/Kai models I still prefer the Feather DX razors with the plastic scales. 

The ones with wooden scales are very nice but I just have to be extra careful with water and foam getting in between the scales.

I did have some redone in horn by UKRob, makes a difference in feel and weight.

28 1,449
 08-15-2015, 09:02 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Claus, I just copied this picture direct from the Feather Distributors website.  I would assume it is the latest style and to me it looks just like the one in your picture.  If there is a different design, do you happen to have a picture of it?

[Image: MF1tWSj.jpg]

179 23,933
 08-15-2015, 10:07 PM
User Info
I'm not sure i have seen the new head before do you have a picture? The old RG special model which is now discontinued had a more streamline blade if that's the one you're thinking of.

[Image: oxgospx.jpg]
(Picture taken from Royalshave)

Also forgive my assumption, but if this is your first Artist club you should try out the SS model, the curved edge makes it much more forgiving on the skin, the DX is a little heavier and resembles the characteristics of a natural straight a bit more. Also the SS costs much less and if you want teak wood scales you can easily get it rescaled to teak wood and it would still cost less than the DX. Just my 2¢.

7 787
 08-15-2015, 10:49 PM
User Info
I've owned both the DX and the SS and I'm not quite sure what you mean by the new one being a more rounded? they all look exactly the same to me and I much prefer the plastic scale DX version over the wood.

11 1,945
 08-16-2015, 04:44 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,
I don't see any difference, either. In the past I have owned the entire series of these AC Feather razors. The only one left in the shave den is the Feather AC DX pearl, and I prefer it to the rest.

153 3,130
 08-16-2015, 05:43 AM
User Info
I own the DX with the teak scales and it looks identical to those pictured here.  This is the only version of the Feather series I have owned or used.  It is nice, but i prefer a traditional straight over the Feather any day.

10 402