08-17-2015, 02:18 PM
  • Wrathen
  • Gulf Breeze, FL
User Info
So my Mongoose came in today and I got my first shave in this afternoon. Previous owner (  Safelysimpson ) was kind enough to include most of a pack of Kai Milds. I have a sample pack of Mongoose blades on the way as well. I have to say I'm very impressed by my first shave. I know I dont have the angle and everything down 100% yet but it provided a WONDERFUL shave. I'm 90% sure I'll end up using a more aggressive blade but this was very good and let me ease into it.

I had not shaved since Friday morning so had almost 3 and a half days of growth and it destroyed it! Someone had mentioned it and I agree completely now that I have had the experience the stiffer blade did wonders. Normally when I have this much growth I need a full 3 passes to get a good shave... I could have easily stopped at a 2 pass shave for my face but wanted to see what 3 felt like. Now what really surprised me was what one ATG pass did for my head. Normally there is NO way its anywhere near enough with just 1 pass even only after a day or 2 of growth. I was SUPER impressed by the state of my stubble, or lack there of really, after one ATG pass. Now thats not to say I didnt need another pass as I did but still. In the future with a more aggressive blade and not 3 days of growth I could see 1 pass being enough. As for know my technique still leaves alot to desire. there are spots for sure I have to relearn the correct angles for the back side and top of my head.

Even with my poor skill level and a very mild blade I still managed to get a DFS, and I know it can get better. I think I'm fairly hooked. I wonder how much use my other razors will see after this.

16 785
 08-17-2015, 02:36 PM
User Info
You have an excellent razor in your hand. Enjoy !!!

Lorenzo.

29 1,084
 08-17-2015, 03:05 PM
User Info
Great razor - enjoy!  Think you will enjoy it even more when you try some other blades as the Kai Milds were not one of my favorites.

53 1,199
 08-17-2015, 03:43 PM
User Info
Congratulations on your new Goose.  It is a lovely razor and with the right blades, perfect!  I personally like the Kai Milds, but they are many other good choices.

Enjoy it!

61 3,796
 08-17-2015, 05:30 PM
User Info
I'm glad you landed one, congrats!!!

55 923
 08-17-2015, 05:51 PM
User Info
Kai milds are great blades and work vey well for me in the cobra. In the mongoose the feather pros seem to be the best since its a bit milder than the cobra. Great razor you have, enjoy experimenting with the angles and blades. This razor will serve you well.
What handle are using with it?

14 482
 08-17-2015, 07:12 PM
  • Wrathen
  • Gulf Breeze, FL
User Info
(08-17-2015, 05:51 PM)1SOAP Wrote: Kai milds are great blades and work vey well for me in the cobra. In the mongoose the feather pros seem to be the best since its a bit milder than the cobra. Great razor you have, enjoy experimenting with the angles and blades. This razor will serve you well.
What handle are using with it?

It came with Dub Slim & Legend, I trade another handle I had for a Dr Bomber. Since it was a new razor and the Dub seemed slick I went with the Dr Bomber since it had more texture.

16 785