08-19-2015, 07:04 AM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
Is shave a buck closed?.Last year I ordered some splashes ,creams and blades from them at  very good prices.I was wanting to order some more Barbon aftershave and Rapira blades.......

0 275
 08-19-2015, 07:40 AM
User Info
I wouldn't order a thing from that website. Ordered a razor and some blades and nothing. Never got a return email,. Basically I paid the guy some money and had to wait x amount of days to get it back through PayPal. He didn't respond to anything. A Google search will show many many experiences just like mine. I had read he was having personal problems, and kind of just let the website go. I would avoid it at all cost.

3 1,356
 08-19-2015, 08:32 AM
User Info
Haven't seen any good reports in the last year, only bad.

0 50
 08-19-2015, 10:22 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I don't know what happened, but it seems like ever since Hurricane Sandy ripped through that area the service went down the drain.  Understandable for a short while, but it seems like it never recovered.  There were some interesting offerings, but with the interaction and service experienced by most over the last few years I don't think its a real loss to the community.

139 2,677
 08-19-2015, 10:34 AM
User Info
My experience ordering from him was all good - but my last order was about a year before his web shop went belly up.

3 4,373
 08-19-2015, 10:35 AM
User Info
Seems like the owner was a once a great vendor but things out of his control just took priority in his life. I understand that and not knowing the back story yes I was a little aggravated at my situation. I can't even find the website anymore. Maybe the owner will get back on his feet and if he decides to reopen shop then good luck to him.

3 1,356
 08-19-2015, 01:02 PM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
I gathered he had experienced some problems but hoped he had recovered.Doesn't look like it.
So next question---any body have a source for Barbon splash?I like the mosswood-eucalyptus scent,pairs well with Osage rub. a good amount of menthol in both.

0 275
 07-27-2016, 09:59 AM
User Info
This is terrible. He was my favorite vendor. I bought a BUNCH of stuff from him a couple of years ago. The razors he had sourced from India were high quality solid brass and he could get ahold of obscure creams which were fun to try.

I hope his site is back up soon. I tried to buy from him today again but got a 404 error.

1 283
 07-27-2016, 10:15 AM
User Info
Agreed, 

Joe had some nice unique shaving creams.  I carefully dole out my stockpile of Barbon and Figaro shave cream - really terrific stuff.

3 459
 07-27-2016, 10:52 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
It doesn't take a Hurricane to put a vendor or product out of business or availability. The whole community has seen a retrenchment from many factors. As customers we can only support our favorites in both by steady patronage. If you truly love a product it is not irrational to acquire a reserve .

2 3,171