08-20-2015, 04:22 PM
User Info
I believe I am seeing more "Antagonism" between members on this forum than I have seen in the past. I am not sure what is going on, if anything is. However, I have seen the mods pulling threads. I do not understand why we cannot communicate our shaving experiences without stepping on toes.

Just a thought.

Ed

22 802
 08-20-2015, 06:11 PM
User Info
(08-20-2015, 11:27 AM)kav Wrote: I think the ultimate social leveling of our playing field would be photographs to accompany our shave of the day posts. One telltale styptic pencil discoloration, the telltale shadow of stubble refuting claim to a BBS shave, the white residue of soap in our earlobe from enthusiastic lathering and
we are merely the effluent owners of collectable cars grinding gears and stalling as a Honda Civic pulls away on the green light. I do like the photos.
It's like a man pulling out family photos and affirming he has a place in our boundless universe.
I'll be looking for you to get this ball rolling... Sherlock

48 4,635
 08-20-2015, 06:19 PM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
(08-20-2015, 04:22 PM)LookingGlass Wrote: I do not understand why we cannot communicate our shaving experiences without stepping on toes.

Just a thought.

Ed

I like that part! Nice Thought.

65 5,191
 08-22-2015, 07:06 AM
  • carvelo
  • Puerto Rico
User Info
I do agree with your point of view.

19 422
 08-22-2015, 07:21 AM
User Info
(08-20-2015, 10:48 AM)shevek Wrote: I never thought posts showing what you have in another person's thread was intended to one-up, although I agree that if it was intended that way, it would be irritating. When I've posted item's that I've purchased and others post their pics, I actually thought it made for a more interesting thread. I do love seeing pics of other member's collections.

I agree. A thread with just a bunch of "Lovely razor, "nice score" and "gorgeous find" comments is boring. I generally skip over them. If I post about a long sought after find, I welcome discussion and pics of others. This is part of the appeal of forums for me. Maybe it would help if the posts that welcome discussion started with "Please feel free to share, it won't hurt my feelings."

0 117
 08-22-2015, 11:39 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
I don't have a problem with a member sharing/talking about his/her experiences along the lines of the OP's intent, or posting a pic that helps to illustrate that point. After all, we come here for the very purpose of talking about shaving and looking at pics of shaving gear.
   I like being able to share my thoughts here, as my family couldn't care less. I imagine other members' families are much the same way. Live and let live. It's all good Smile

10 3,059
 09-26-2015, 02:22 AM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
The OP makes a great point.  When someone posts their new acquisition, it is not an invitation to share, compare and discuss.  That is not what this shaving forum is about!  It's for...well you know...

1 796