08-20-2015, 09:05 PM
User Info
I was wondering why those of us that love wet shaving do so. I ask because often times I see people insisting carts are better for getting BBS or more comfortable shaves. If this could hypothetically be proven would we still use DE AND SE AND SR razors to shave? If there could be an imaginary way to shave as easy as pressing a button and effortlessly achieve a BBS shave, would we still continue to wet shave while only achieving DFS? If those of us who still love stropping,honing and lathering than for us it will not matter if carts or other modern shaving methods prove to be better, because there is more to a perfect shave that we love. So I ask, what is it that we love about wet shaving?

0 16
 08-20-2015, 09:42 PM
  • Jovan
  • Banned
  • Traveling USA
User Info
Last month I was caught traveling for a few days without my DE equipment.  Luckily my friend lent me an electric razor.  By 5 in the afternoon I needed to shave again so I bought a cart.  This resulted in the same story.  When I returned home and my DE razor voila, a bbs shave that lasted to the next morning.  Not a scientific test but proves to me nothing beats a DE shave.

2 479
 08-20-2015, 09:44 PM
User Info
I prefer traditional wetshaving because I get a better, more enjoyable shave out of it... to quote something I said a couple of years ago:

Quote:Shaving time is - at least to me - a quiet, reflective moment. It's me-time; the time when I can close the door and just enjoy myself without a worry in the world. It's also a very manly time; if by manly you mean "waving a very sharp blade around millimeters from your jugular veins... heck, spin that right and it sounds like you're cheating death every time you shave...

On a more serious tone, it is the time each morning I can 'let go' of everyday worries and simply enjoy the 'now' - a perfect moment caught between lather and blade as it were. It's a moment that flushes the system, in a manner of speaking, and lets me put things in perspective. I think that traditional wetshaving have helped making me a better man, as well as a better looking man.

I'm far from the first to notice this off course; a quick search on google will reveal a few hundred thousand hits on the subject. But even so it's something worth keeping in mind, especially when the cartridge-and-canned-goo brigade wonders why we prefers the old fashioned, traditional art of wetshaving.

Forget the 'better shave' spiel; they have heard it a million times before - every time one of the huge multinationals adds another blade they promise the consumers a better shave than ever before.

Forget the whole 'saving money' thing too; most of us succumbs to one or more ADs shortly after we pick up a decent brush and a safety razor.

You might want to quickly bypass the 'better for the enviroment' issue as well; yes, traditional shaving is greener and wastes less plastic, but most people honestly don't care as much about the environment as they claim to do.

But do tell them about that perfect moment caught between lather and blade - those precious minutes every time you shave that lets your worries and concerns simply drain away. The little breathing space where it's you, your razor and perfection.
Even more true now than when I wrote it - probably because I've gotten better at shaving.

3 4,486
 08-20-2015, 10:48 PM
User Info
I shaved with a Gillette Fusion 5 blade razor and every other Mach razor prior to that before finding out about DE razors and quality shave soaps early this year. I had a very short learning curve with my first DE razor (EJ DE89) and TOBS cream, leading to a true BBS after about 3 weeks. I am now able to get a true BBS every time with my EJ if I take my time and do 3 passes and a clean up if necessary. I don't recall ever achieving what I now consider a BBS back when I used a cartridge razor. I do recall getting very close shaves whenever I installed a new blade and for a couple shaves after, but due to the cost of blades I only changed them every two to three weeks. Also, I got so tired of shaving due to frustration with the gels and cartridges that I grew a beard 6 years ago and only shaved my neck. When I started using a DE and shave soap I enjoyed shaving so much that I shaved my beard. I now rotate my EJ with a R41 but cannot get a BBS with the R41. I get a very close shave, but not quite BBS. It doesn't matter to me though because I enjoy using the R41 when I have a few days growth and also for my mustache area due to how close it can get to my nose. I don't like to have a BBS every day because I can't shave as often when I do, and I prefer to shave every day or eod. For me there is no going back to cartridges.

13 947
 08-21-2015, 01:44 AM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
For me, I think Hans had it right in post #3. The experience of shaving with a SR or DE/SE is far more rewarding in many ways. It takes a mundane task and turns it into a luxurious pleasure that I look forward to every day.

Bob

0 1,694
 08-21-2015, 04:31 AM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(08-20-2015, 10:48 PM)Hobbyist Wrote: I shaved with a Gillette Fusion 5 blade razor and every other Mach razor prior to that before finding out about DE razors and quality shave soaps early this year. I had a very short learning curve with my first DE razor (EJ DE89) and TOBS cream, leading to a true BBS after about 3 weeks. I am now able to get a true BBS every time with my EJ if I take my time and do 3 passes and a clean up if necessary. I don't recall ever achieving what I now consider a BBS back when I used a cartridge razor. I do recall getting very close shaves whenever I installed a new blade and for a couple shaves after, but due to the cost of blades I only changed them every two to three weeks. Also, I got so tired of shaving due to frustration with the gels and cartridges that I grew a beard 6 years ago and only shaved my neck. When I started using a DE and shave soap I enjoyed shaving so much that I shaved my beard. I now rotate my EJ with a R41 but cannot get a BBS with the R41. I get a very close shave, but not quite BBS. It doesn't matter to me though because I enjoy using the R41 when I have a few days growth and also for my mustache area due to how close it can get to my nose. I don't like to have a BBS every day because I can't shave as often when I do, and I prefer to shave every day or eod. For me there is no going back to cartridges.

Hobbyist has illustrated perfectly a fallacy that I see repeated over and over and over on Shavenook and “the other” major on-line shaving forum:  conflating the virtues of a beard prep with a good shaving soap worked up with a brush with the virtues of a DE razor, and, symmetrically, conflating the vices of prepping with an aerosol gel with the use of a cartridge razor.  

A scientist testing a theorem adjusts one variable at a time when she runs trials.

I shaved with various cartridge razors for over 40 years, almost every day preparing my beard with a brush and shaving soap.  Fifteen months into a controlled experiment with DE razors, I am convinced in my own mind that I can get a BBS shave — that is, a shave that cannot conceivably be improved upon in closeness, comfort, and post-shave feel — with either a razor comprising a reasoned selection of DE components or any of several cartridge razors.  The key is the beard prep.

1 1,087
 08-21-2015, 05:03 AM
User Info
(08-21-2015, 04:31 AM)Mel S Meles Wrote: Hobbyist has illustrated perfectly a fallacy that I see repeated over and over and over on Shavenook and “the other” major on-line shaving forum:  conflating the virtues of a beard prep with a good shaving soap worked up with a brush with the virtues of a DE razor, and, symmetrically, conflating the vices of prepping with an aerosol gel with the use of a cartridge razor.  

A scientist testing a theorem adjusts one variable at a time when she runs trials.

I shaved with various cartridge razors for over 40 years, almost every day preparing my beard with a brush and shaving soap.  Fifteen months into a controlled experiment with DE razors, I am convinced in my own mind that I can get a BBS shave — that is, a shave that cannot conceivably be improved upon in closeness, comfort, and post-shave feel — with either a razor comprising a reasoned selection of DE components or any of several cartridge razors.  The key is the beard prep.
I agree that good prep is key a to success.  I'd add that technique plays perhaps an even more important role (if not more important, at very least equally as important). Technique is key no matter which razor you use and no matter how you prep your beard. I switched to safety razors about 3 years ago, not out of a need to avoid discomfort, as I was getting beautiful, consistent results with the Fusion cartridge, the switch was made more as a new challenge to conquer.  I have really enjoyed the results, but I honestly couldn't say that my final results are any better with either style of razor

74 2,272
 08-21-2015, 05:14 AM
User Info
So some people prefer carts. So what?
Some people are happy with DE, some with SE, some with shave ties and some with straights. Some of us like all aspects.

Some are happy with canned, some like creams, some like brushless, some like soaps.

I do not care what other people do. If they are getting a great shave and enjoy it then good for them.

I like traditional wet shaving with a wide variety of tools, blades, lathers and accessories. It appeals to me from an old time perspective. I enjoy the ritual. I enjoy learning the skills to create a great lather, mowing down a beard with any razor and coming out the other side with a great feeling face.
I enjoy helping others achieve this, but only when they ask. I enjoy sharing my experience with other like minded folk.
But I don't really care what tools others use. Why should I? What does it matter to me if they enjoy a cart or a Hart, ivory soap or MdC, Omega boar or M&F Unicorn hair?

BTW, for me, other than lather, prep is overrated Smile

0 50
 08-21-2015, 05:30 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
I do like the the retro aspects of traditional shaving. More to the point, I actually get MUCH closer shaves using a DE than I ever did with cartridges.

2 1,180
 08-21-2015, 07:39 AM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
(08-21-2015, 05:14 AM)Haggises Wrote: So some people prefer carts. So what?
Some people are happy with DE,  some with SE,  some with shave ties and some with straights. Some of us like all aspects.

Some are happy with canned,  some like creams,  some like brushless,  some like soaps.

I do not care what other people do. If they are getting a great shave and enjoy it then good for them.

I like traditional wet shaving with a wide variety of tools,  blades,  lathers and accessories.  It appeals to me from an old time perspective.  I enjoy the ritual. I enjoy learning the skills to create a great lather, mowing down a beard with any razor and coming out the other side with a great feeling face.
I enjoy helping others achieve this,  but only when they ask. I enjoy sharing my experience with other like minded folk.
But I don't really care what tools others use. Why should I? What does it matter to me if they enjoy a cart or a Hart, ivory soap or MdC,  Omega boar or M&F Unicorn hair?

BTW,  for me,  other than lather,  prep is overrated Smile

Yup, similar attitude here and I especially agree with "other than lather, prep is overrated".

Bob

0 1,694
 08-21-2015, 08:11 AM
User Info
(08-21-2015, 04:31 AM)Mel S Meles Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 10:48 PM)Hobbyist Wrote: I shaved with a Gillette Fusion 5 blade razor and every other Mach razor prior to that before finding out about DE razors and quality shave soaps early this year. I had a very short learning curve with my first DE razor (EJ DE89) and TOBS cream, leading to a true BBS after about 3 weeks. I am now able to get a true BBS every time with my EJ if I take my time and do 3 passes and a clean up if necessary. I don't recall ever achieving what I now consider a BBS back when I used a cartridge razor. I do recall getting very close shaves whenever I installed a new blade and for a couple shaves after, but due to the cost of blades I only changed them every two to three weeks. Also, I got so tired of shaving due to frustration with the gels and cartridges that I grew a beard 6 years ago and only shaved my neck. When I started using a DE and shave soap I enjoyed shaving so much that I shaved my beard. I now rotate my EJ with a R41 but cannot get a BBS with the R41. I get a very close shave, but not quite BBS. It doesn't matter to me though because I enjoy using the R41 when I have a few days growth and also for my mustache area due to how close it can get to my nose. I don't like to have a BBS every day because I can't shave as often when I do, and I prefer to shave every day or eod. For me there is no going back to cartridges.

Hobbyist has illustrated perfectly a fallacy that I see repeated over and over and over on Shavenook and “the other” major on-line shaving forum:  conflating the virtues of a beard prep with a good shaving soap worked up with a brush with the virtues of a DE razor, and, symmetrically, conflating the vices of prepping with an aerosol gel with the use of a cartridge razor.  

I don't understand why my journey into DE razors and shaving soaps illustrates a fallacy. I have been shaving for 25 years and being Italian I have a very coarse and full beard. I grew up with mild acne and sensitive skin which made shaving difficult into my late 20s. When I was active-duty military I had to shave every day which is when I started using Mach 3s and Fusions. I had tried every cartridge brand available at stores before ultimately settling on Gillette products. The same goes for creams and gels, I tried the different brands at the drug store and settled on Edge and Gillette gels. I had been wearing a beard for 6 years due to the irritation I got from shaving with cartridges unless I changed them frequently. However, I never said cartridges didn't provide a good shave, I said they only provided a good shave for the first few shaves which was probably due to the coarseness of my beard. It was the low cost of blade replacement that attracted me to DE razors. Shortly after picking up a EJ and a blade sample pack I settled on the Astra and Gillette Silver Blue blades, both of which gave me a very close shave for 3 to 4 shaves per blade. Additionally, I find the DE razor easier to maneuver and navigate on my face in the hard to hit areas. After I settled on DE razors I began to experiment with various shaving soaps and creams and it wasn't long before I found the ones that work best for my skin. I don't see any fallacy with my method for finding the perfect shave for my skin, nor do I care what anyone else uses for their shaving needs. If someone likes cartridges then they should use cartridges. As for myself, I am not going to use them unless I have to for travel reasons. Furthermore, I am not going to spend months testing my shaving routine by changing one variable at a time. If I want a BBS shave I simply pick up m EJ with 5 oz Maggard handle, slap on a Astra blade, whip up some Catie's Bubbles, Striling, B&M, or any other soap I have on hand and shave away. As for carts, even if I could get the same BBS shave with a Gillette Fusion and shave soap with brush, I still wouldn't go back to carts due to the price. I enjoy the DE razor more because it is one blade, less irritation for my skin, is easier to maneuver, and costs significantly less.

13 947
 08-21-2015, 08:25 AM
User Info
I would agree wih WegainWarrior - kind of a quiet, reflective time before jumping in to my hectic day.  Not to mention the much better shave having come from an electric shaver for more than 25 years with a disposalble thrown in when I skipped shaving on the weekend.

4 465
 08-21-2015, 09:09 AM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
User Info
(08-21-2015, 08:11 AM)Hobbyist Wrote: I don't understand why my journey into DE razors and shaving soaps illustrates a fallacy. I have been shaving for 25 years and being Italian I have a very coarse and full beard. I grew up with mild acne and sensitive skin which made shaving difficult into my late 20s. When I was active-duty military I had to shave every day which is when I started using Mach 3s and Fusions. I had tried every cartridge brand available at stores before ultimately settling on Gillette products. The same goes for creams and gels, I tried the different brands at the drug store and settled on Edge and Gillette gels. I had been wearing a beard for 6 years due to the irritation I got from shaving with cartridges unless I changed them frequently. However, I never said cartridges didn't provide a good shave, I said they only provided a good shave for the first few shaves which was probably due to the coarseness of my beard. It was the low cost of blade replacement that attracted me to DE razors. Shortly after picking up a EJ and a blade sample pack I settled on the Astra and Gillette Silver Blue blades, both of which gave me a very close shave for 3 to 4 shaves per blade. Additionally, I find the DE razor easier to maneuver and navigate on my face in the hard to hit areas. After I settled on DE razors I began to experiment with various shaving soaps and creams and it wasn't long before I found the ones that work best for my skin. I don't see any fallacy with my method for finding the perfect shave for my skin, nor do I care what anyone else uses for their shaving needs. If someone likes cartridges then they should use cartridges. As for myself, I am not going to use them unless I have to for travel reasons. Furthermore, I am not going to spend months testing my shaving routine by changing one variable at a time. If I want a BBS shave I simply pick up m EJ with 5 oz Maggard handle, slap on a Astra blade, whip up some Catie's Bubbles, Striling, B&M, or any other soap I have on hand and shave away. As for carts, even if I could get the same BBS shave with a Gillette Fusion and shave soap with brush, I still wouldn't go back to carts due to the price. I enjoy the DE razor more because it is one blade, less irritation for my skin, is easier to maneuver, and costs significantly less.

No one has said — least of all moi — that your journey into DE razors and shaving soaps illustrates a fallacy.  

In your description of that journey, however, the attribution of everything that was wrong (for you) with cartridge razors and everything that is good (for you) about DE razors to the hardware alone was — and is — a fallacious conclusion to base upon the facts that you have presented.  You wrote (drastically edited here, but highlighted in my previous message) “due to frustration with the gels ... there is no going back to cartridges.”  By your own account, at the same time that you switched hardware, you also switched from canned gel products to a shaving soap lathered with a brush.  Therein lies the fallacy, as the conclusion does not follow from the premises:  it is at least as likely that you would have experienced an enhanced experience using the same cartridge razor with shaving soap and a brush as it is that you would have experienced an enhanced experience with switching from a cartridge razor to a DE razor while keeping on using canned gels.

There is no necessary link between the use of cartridge razors and canned gels; and there is no necessary link between the use of a DE razor and shaving soaps. To posit that such a link is necessary on the premises of a simultaneous switch is a fallacy.

1 1,087
 08-21-2015, 09:18 AM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
User Info
(08-21-2015, 01:44 AM)BobH Wrote: For me, I think Hans had it right in post #3. The experience of shaving with a SR or DE/SE is far more rewarding in many ways. It takes a mundane task and turns it into a luxurious pleasure that I look forward to every day.

Bob

Signs011

On an open, twisting road, I enjoy driving a stiffly sprung car with a manual transmission more than I enjoy driving a luxurious car with surround sound stereo and an automatic transmission, because I am much more involved with the process.  But I get to the ultimate destination at about the same time either way.  I can just about shave with a good cartridge razor with my eyes closed, which I certainly cannot do with a DE razor; but/and I am much more involved with the process with a DE razor than I am with a cartridge razor.  I get just as good a result in my face either way.

1 1,087
 08-21-2015, 12:02 PM
User Info
The scents , the relaxation and experimentation .I have to agree with the above comments  the enjoyment of a mundane task turned into an experience . 

Glenn

2 50
 08-21-2015, 12:08 PM
User Info
(08-21-2015, 09:09 AM)Mel S Meles Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 08:11 AM)Hobbyist Wrote: I don't understand why my journey into DE razors and shaving soaps illustrates a fallacy. I have been shaving for 25 years and being Italian I have a very coarse and full beard. I grew up with mild acne and sensitive skin which made shaving difficult into my late 20s. When I was active-duty military I had to shave every day which is when I started using Mach 3s and Fusions. I had tried every cartridge brand available at stores before ultimately settling on Gillette products. The same goes for creams and gels, I tried the different brands at the drug store and settled on Edge and Gillette gels. I had been wearing a beard for 6 years due to the irritation I got from shaving with cartridges unless I changed them frequently. However, I never said cartridges didn't provide a good shave, I said they only provided a good shave for the first few shaves which was probably due to the coarseness of my beard. It was the low cost of blade replacement that attracted me to DE razors. Shortly after picking up a EJ and a blade sample pack I settled on the Astra and Gillette Silver Blue blades, both of which gave me a very close shave for 3 to 4 shaves per blade. Additionally, I find the DE razor easier to maneuver and navigate on my face in the hard to hit areas. After I settled on DE razors I began to experiment with various shaving soaps and creams and it wasn't long before I found the ones that work best for my skin. I don't see any fallacy with my method for finding the perfect shave for my skin, nor do I care what anyone else uses for their shaving needs. If someone likes cartridges then they should use cartridges. As for myself, I am not going to use them unless I have to for travel reasons. Furthermore, I am not going to spend months testing my shaving routine by changing one variable at a time. If I want a BBS shave I simply pick up m EJ with 5 oz Maggard handle, slap on a Astra blade, whip up some Catie's Bubbles, Striling, B&M, or any other soap I have on hand and shave away. As for carts, even if I could get the same BBS shave with a Gillette Fusion and shave soap with brush, I still wouldn't go back to carts due to the price. I enjoy the DE razor more because it is one blade, less irritation for my skin, is easier to maneuver, and costs significantly less.

No one has said — least of all moi — that your journey into DE razors and shaving soaps illustrates a fallacy.  

In your description of that journey, however, the attribution of everything that was wrong (for you) with cartridge razors and everything that is good (for you) about DE razors to the hardware alone was — and is — a fallacious conclusion to base upon the facts that you have presented.  You wrote (drastically edited here, but highlighted in my previous message) “due to frustration with the gels ... there is no going back to cartridges.”  By your own account, at the same time that you switched hardware, you also switched from canned gel products to a shaving soap lathered with a brush.  Therein lies the fallacy, as the conclusion does not follow from the premises:  it is at least as likely that you would have experienced an enhanced experience using the same cartridge razor with shaving soap and a brush as it is that you would have experienced an enhanced experience with switching from a cartridge razor to a DE razor while keeping on using canned gels.

There is no necessary link between the use of cartridge razors and canned gels; and there is no necessary link between the use of a DE razor and shaving soaps. To posit that such a link is necessary on the premises of a simultaneous switch is a fallacy.

Deleted post. Not healthy to quarrel over.

13 947
 08-21-2015, 01:38 PM
User Info
I consider myself a tarditional wet shaver with a modern twist  Biggrin

From 2011 to 2014 I owned and used a number of the absolute top priced and designed DE razors, and also did use a couple of my favorite DE rarors more frewuently to give them a chance.

It was never a chore or a pain, when I used carts from 1988 to 2011 - mostly all the Gillette models.
I got fine shaves, even from using canned goo. I do admit that I bought some of the better canned goo - Clinique Shaving gel and Sanex shaving gel, but did not really use shaving cream and soap until 2011.

Most converters from cart to DE forget they did not only change one variable, when they made the move - but in many cases changed their entire approach and way of thinking and the products they used.

As Meles states, I find that the use of a proper pre shave ritual, and the use of a shaving soap and a shaving cream and a proper shainv brush is the keys that really lifts the shaving experience from a chore and a job to do to an experience and ZEN moment in time.

In 2014, after trying for 3 years to get a DE razor to shave better than a Fusion cart I gave up.

Bought 2 Plisson Fusion handles in chrome, a carbon-chrome Mühle fusion handle and an Edwin Jagger Bulbous Fusion handle and started to finger strop my Fusin cart as well as using the Razor Pitt cart strop device.
This now means I get 12-15 solid fine shaves out of one Fusion cart.

For a Scandinavian guy I have coarse beard, and if I shave 2-3 days of stubble away with a Fusion cart I clogs fast, and I have to rinse the cart 25-30 times during first pass, but after first pass I really only need an extra pass and touch ups and I'm 98% BBS.

I still take pride in using my badger brushes, synthetics never really worked for me, and I still know the importance of using a shaving cream and soap - and I'm the happy owner of several 100's soaps and creams.

Knowing I'm in the minority in here, I still stand by my decision - I shave 5 times a week these days, and one Fusion cart, using the Razorpit strop and my fingers after each shave, allows me to get fine shave for almost the entire month from one cart - I use a cart 12-15 shaves and shave circa 20 times a month.

I have also trid SE and Japanese straight razors, yet sold them and now use what works best for me - A fusion cart on a heavy solid chrome handle.

24 5,965
 08-21-2015, 02:21 PM
User Info
(08-21-2015, 01:38 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: I consider myself a tarditional wet shaver with a modern twist  Biggrin

From 2011 to 2014 I owned and used a number of the absolute top priced and designed DE razors, and also did use a couple of my favorite DE rarors more frewuently to give them a chance.

It was never a chore or a pain, when I used carts from 1988 to 2011 - mostly all the Gillette models.
I got fine shaves, even from using canned goo. I do admit that I bought some of the better canned goo - Clinique Shaving gel and Sanex shaving gel, but did not really use shaving cream and soap until 2011.

Most converters from cart to DE forget they did not only change one variable, when they made the move - but in many cases changed their entire approach and way of thinking and the products they used.

As Meles states, I find that the use of a proper pre shave ritual, and the use of a shaving soap and a shaving cream and a proper shainv brush is the keys that really lifts the shaving experience from a chore and a job to do to an experience and ZEN moment in time.

In 2014, after trying for 3 years to get a DE razor to shave better than a Fusion cart I gave up.

Bought 2 Plisson Fusion handles in chrome, a carbon-chrome Mühle fusion handle and an Edwin Jagger Bulbous Fusion handle and started to finger strop my Fusin cart as well as using the Razor Pitt cart strop device.
This now means I get 12-15 solid fine shaves out of one Fusion cart.

For a Scandinavian guy I have coarse beard, and if I shave 2-3 days of stubble away with a Fusion cart I clogs fast, and I have to rinse the cart 25-30 times during first pass, but after first pass I really only need an extra pass and touch ups and I'm 98% BBS.

I still take pride in using my badger brushes, synthetics never really worked for me, and I still know the importance of using a shaving cream and soap - and I'm the happy owner of several 100's soaps and creams.

Knowing I'm in the minority in here, I still stand by my decision - I shave 5 times a week these days, and one Fusion cart, using the Razorpit strop and my fingers after each shave, allows me to get fine shave for almost the entire month from one cart - I use a cart 12-15 shaves and shave circa 20 times a month.

I have also trid SE and Japanese straight razors, yet sold them and now use what works best for me - A fusion cart on a heavy solid chrome handle.

Thanks for the very informative post. I think you and Meles are on the same page but conveyed differently, although I mean no disrespect to Meles. 

One thing I learned from your post is that I didn't realize you could strop a Fusion cartridge. I also never have tried one with a heavier handle which I should have guessed would probably make for a better experience. On the other hand, one thing that I forgot about that you brought up is the clogging of the carts. I had issues with clogging too, as like you I also have a thick beard. I might have to get a handle for mine for travel and see how that works out.

13 947
 08-21-2015, 08:25 PM
User Info
I just like the ritual of it.  I enjoy the whole thing, from prep to post shave.  It is my time to pamper, to me is part of my lifestyle.

61 3,796
 08-21-2015, 08:27 PM
User Info
(08-21-2015, 08:25 PM)hrfdez Wrote: I just like the ritual of it.  I enjoy the whole thing, from prep to post shave.  It is my time to pamper, to me is part of my lifestyle.

+1 Very well said, Hector.

26 235