08-23-2015, 06:03 AM
  • river1
  • Coastal South Carolina
User Info
For the past four days I've had razor burn on four different places on my chin, nose and mouth area. I've been using Razorrock salts. It's not helping and if you have any suggestions, please let me know.  Thanks, Doug

11 303
 08-23-2015, 06:07 AM
User Info
Maybe take a break for a few days, if your work and daily life allows it.  I won't go into the product itself.  Let's just say, I would never put that in my face.

Blade?  Razor? Soap?

61 3,796
 08-23-2015, 06:27 AM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
Are you trying something new in your shave regimen? Unrefined Shea Butter has treated me well in times of irritation, and on a daily basis.

59 4,503
 08-23-2015, 07:09 AM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
When razor burn flairs up I try extra hard to use Zero pressure, shave wtg only, and only one pass.

7 2,159
 08-23-2015, 08:44 AM
User Info
Try using Thayers non alchol witch hazel [sold on line & @ Walgreens]& then some sort of skin softner like Trumper skin food or Nivea post shave.As suggested don't shave for a few days & don't shave XG & AG for a few more shaves.Hope this helps.........Ernie

20 441
 08-23-2015, 09:53 AM
  • river1
  • Coastal South Carolina
User Info
(08-23-2015, 08:44 AM)stickbow46 Wrote: Try using Thayers non alchol witch hazel [sold on line & @ Walgreens]& then some sort of skin softner like Trumper skin food or Nivea post shave.As suggested don't shave for a few days & don't shave XG & AG for a few more shaves.Hope this helps.........Ernie

Thanks, I didn't shave for the past three days and used an Atra cartridge this morning.  The soap has been Mitchell's w.F.  and an Irridium blade which should have been changed before I used it.

11 303
 08-23-2015, 09:58 AM
  • river1
  • Coastal South Carolina
User Info
(08-23-2015, 07:09 AM)chazt Wrote: When razor burn flairs up I try extra hard to use Zero pressure, shave wtg only, and only one pass.

Thanks, I think the dull blade caused my problem. May have used too much pressure after changing the blade.  Razor was the original Feather that came in a wood box 5 or 6 years ago.

11 303
 08-23-2015, 10:02 AM
User Info
Razorock soaps are not going to provide you with the slickness or the protection of MWF. Not bashing RR I'm just stating the Fat is superior to Razorock ,the fat is better than 95% of soaps I've tried.

Blades are cheap its not worth trying to push them to get an extra shave or 2. SIs can be expensive but our member DCC has polsilvers for sale at the lowest price on the internet.

For me of I have a bad shave I bring out the alum block. If its a really bad shave I have some aftershave that contains alcohol and alum and it heals my face fairly quickly, Trumpers skin food helps soothe it too.

If you can get by not Shaving thats the best thing to do. I had to shave everyday for work for a decade and nothing worse than getting a painful shave and still having to shave every single day.

3 1,356