08-23-2015, 06:37 PM
User Info
Hi All,

Some of you may and may not remember me... It's been a while ..really, it has!

I posted before an upcoming deployment and even during. If I was lucky even after, albeit quick and brief moments. You all helped contribute to the Xmas Donations of 2012-2013 and allowed me to spread the love of wetshaving. I was able to gift brushes, razors, blades and soaps to my Commander, superiors and peers. It was awesome and I will never forget that!

Time has flown by since I've been back here at Fort Campbell. I've grown a bit, yet still wetshave nearly every day, no matter where I am at or what I'm doing; in the field or back in garrison. I'm 30 years old now, coming up on another re-enlistment and volunteered for another tour in Afghanistan where I will leave within a few weeks.

I have 3 children now. LoganAva and Isla (Eye-Lah). Every day has something just a little bit different to offer than the day before here in the Army. I've been promoted and have a slew of Soldiers under me now, which I am always trying to teach, coach and mentor. So much has changed; it has gone from "do what you are told to...to the 'think outside the box and gets things done'" mentality.

I've been too busy to purchase anything new I've been wanting to try and most of you know after having a few children that money is hard to come by; it feels near impossible. Every few weeks and months are a struggle. It's the love of the hobby that bonds us anyway! Smile

If you've clicked on the links so far in this post you have had a chance to see Logan, my 7 year old who just started 2nd grade; Ava, my 4 year old now in Pre-K and Isla, the new baby in the family. What I haven't shown you is our two dogs (lovingly named by Logan) Yoshi and Bowser or my wife. I feel like this should be a place of family where we all feel welcome, we can share in each others' lives and we can feel like a brotherhood.  I don't think it's considerate to make a post and not know when I will be able to check back in with such a myriad of events happening each day. So..since I'm on such a short time-table and I want to take my time to get to know each and every one of you all over again, I'm going to do something which I think is a bit unprecedented, new and fresh (and which I hope this post doesn't get deleted for). I'm going to post my phone number.

It will simply be the only way to reach me. I can't promise I'll be back on here any time soon. Even that will be luck.

There's no simple way to feel like a family other than knowing your brother or sister is a simple phone call or text away and that is what I am offering. I feel it takes trust to do something like this and within this family I have that 100%.

You can respond to this post here if you like and are comfortable with that...or if you want to check in and get to know me and my family a little more just send me a text, 918-232-7858.

I'll talk to you all soon!

- Your Family,
                                                                                                                                     Matt

2 127
 08-23-2015, 06:47 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Welcome back, Matt.

102 18,548
 08-23-2015, 06:50 PM
User Info
First off thank you, I've been to Afghanistan and Iraq myself a few times each. You every need anything you let me know nothing too big or small and I mean that.

We can chat it up anytime you want. Let me know time and place. Not gonna post specifics in public but I was ( deleted MOS hit me up in private).

3 1,356
 08-23-2015, 07:49 PM
User Info
Welcome back Matt, great to hear that you're still doing okay. 

Stay safe out there Smile

3 4,370
 08-23-2015, 09:22 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Good to hear from you, Matt.  Again we thank you for your service and sacrifice and we will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.  Stay safe and we look forward to your return.

175 23,752
 08-24-2015, 12:36 AM
User Info
Hello, welcome back Matt  to: " The Shave Nook "  Relax & Enjoy.

Charles  U.K

0 2,428
 08-24-2015, 01:19 AM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
Welcome back, Matt!

26 4,892
 08-24-2015, 05:49 AM
User Info
Welcome back, Matt.

31 5,277
 08-24-2015, 06:03 AM
User Info
Welcome back and thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 723
 08-24-2015, 12:00 PM
User Info
Welcome back Matt . Thanks for you service and sacrifice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 3,072
 08-24-2015, 12:32 PM
User Info
(08-23-2015, 06:37 PM)HiFromAfghanist Wrote: Hi All,

Some of you may and may not remember me... It's been a while ..really, it has!

I posted before an upcoming deployment and even during. If I was lucky even after, albeit quick and brief moments. You all helped contribute to the Xmas Donations of 2012-2013 and allowed me to spread the love of wetshaving. I was able to gift brushes, razors, blades and soaps to my Commander, superiors and peers. It was awesome and I will never forget that!

Time has flown by since I've been back here at Fort Campbell. I've grown a bit, yet still wetshave nearly every day, no matter where I am at or what I'm doing; in the field or back in garrison. I'm 30 years old now, coming up on another re-enlistment and volunteered for another tour in Afghanistan where I will leave within a few weeks.

I have 3 children now. LoganAva and Isla (Eye-Lah). Every day has something just a little bit different to offer than the day before here in the Army. I've been promoted and have a slew of Soldiers under me now, which I am always trying to teach, coach and mentor. So much has changed; it has gone from "do what you are told to...to the 'think outside the box and gets things done'" mentality.

I've been too busy to purchase anything new I've been wanting to try and most of you know after having a few children that money is hard to come by; it feels near impossible. Every few weeks and months are a struggle. It's the love of the hobby that bonds us anyway! Smile

If you've clicked on the links so far in this post you have had a chance to see Logan, my 7 year old who just started 2nd grade; Ava, my 4 year old now in Pre-K and Isla, the new baby in the family. What I haven't shown you is our two dogs (lovingly named by Logan) Yoshi and Bowser or my wife. I feel like this should be a place of family where we all feel welcome, we can share in each others' lives and we can feel like a brotherhood.  I don't think it's considerate to make a post and not know when I will be able to check back in with such a myriad of events happening each day. So..since I'm on such a short time-table and I want to take my time to get to know each and every one of you all over again, I'm going to do something which I think is a bit unprecedented, new and fresh (and which I hope this post doesn't get deleted for). I'm going to post my phone number.

It will simply be the only way to reach me. I can't promise I'll be back on here any time soon. Even that will be luck.

There's no simple way to feel like a family other than knowing your brother or sister is a simple phone call or text away and that is what I am offering. I feel it takes trust to do something like this and within this family I have that 100%.

You can respond to this post here if you like and are comfortable with that...or if you want to check in and get to know me and my family a little more just send me a text, 918-232-7858.

I'll talk to you all soon!

- Your Family,
                                                                                                                                     Matt

You need or want any gear friend? I wanted to do a PIF to someone on active duty, none of my buddies are into wetshaving,of anything you want to try and I have it let me know, I'll take a shot of my den and let you pick what you want...

3 1,356
 08-24-2015, 04:34 PM
  • ejrdog
  • Washington DC
User Info
Excellent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 38
 09-02-2015, 06:43 AM
User Info
It's great to hear back from you Matt.  Congratulations on all the positive developments with your family and military career.  My daughter and her husband are both active duty, and I know how difficult deployments are on a family.  Mere words cannot express what we owe those who serve.  I hope you can stay in touch and we all wish you a safe tour in Afghanistan.

48 5,698
 09-03-2015, 05:44 PM
User Info
Welcome back, Matt! Smile

82 21,056
 09-03-2015, 05:47 PM
User Info
Welcome back Matt!

Thank u for ur service.

82 2,178
 09-12-2015, 11:37 AM
  • chrisbd
  • Hampshire, England
User Info
Matt,
Welcome back to TSN. I know how busy life can get with a (now grown up) family, let alone active service. We're grateful for and humbled by your service.

Stay safe, spread the wet shaving gospel.

Regards,
Chris

1 106