08-24-2015, 08:16 AM
  • Wrathen
  • Gulf Breeze, FL
User Info
So my father travels overseas sometimes for work. He is going over to Sweden in October for a business trip, I was wondering if there was anything wet shaving related I should ask him to look for while he is over there that we cant get or is hard to find here?

Thanks

16 785
 08-24-2015, 10:22 AM
User Info
L:A Bruket from Varberg make shave cream, beard oil and aftershaves. I've never used their products myself, but they're supposed to be pretty good, albeit a bit pricey. They seem to be available here and there. Could be something worth keeping an eye out for.

Then there's Hega aftershave balm. It's dirt cheap and sold at supermarkets, but not very good sadly. If you're sporting facial hair you've got Mr Bear's beard oils and mustache waxes.

Where in Sweden is your father going?

0 40
 08-24-2015, 12:45 PM
  • Wrathen
  • Gulf Breeze, FL
User Info
He said in passing the other day but the name didnt stick into my head but I used some Speick shaving cream this morning and it got me to thinking if there might be something nice to be had. I plan on asking him when I see him next where it was he was headed to.

16 785
 09-02-2015, 09:30 AM
  • okok
  • Still smiling
  • Indianapolis
User Info
I don't know about Swedish shave goods, but their steel is legendary. My woodworking paring chisels are made of Swedish steel - they hold an UNBELIEVABLE edge, and it's not difficult to get those edges, either. Someone there should be converting that steel knowledge into goods for our hobby.

29 330