08-24-2015, 02:26 PM
User Info
Just bought or received rather my maggards mr8 and mr6(blem). I honestly can't tell the blem from the regular one. For the price I am very impressed with these handles. The mr8 is a monster while the mr6 while heavy is not near as heavy as the 8.

Really enjoy doing business with Maggards as well customer service is great, one 2 occasions I have placed an order with Maggards a day or two after placing orders with other vendors,both times the maggards orders have arrived first. Overall I'm happy

3 1,356
 08-24-2015, 03:01 PM
User Info
I got the MR8 for about $15 as a blem model, that handle was a monster.  I got it out of curiosity, but wasn't sure if I could shave with it, so I PIF'ed it out to a friend who wanted to start DE shaving.
they are definitely cool to look at lol

53 760
 08-24-2015, 03:13 PM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
Brad and Casie offer top notch customer service with fantastic communication- I have an MR1 with an OC head. A very mild shaver, it's a bargain. Enjoy those handles!

2 1,180
 08-24-2015, 03:31 PM
User Info
(08-24-2015, 03:13 PM)kwsher Wrote: Brad and Casie offer top notch customer service with fantastic communication- I have an MR1 with an OC head. A very mild shaver, it's a bargain. Enjoy those handles!

Agreed great people to deal with. Both handles mate with the mongoose very well, especially the mr8 I like the balance .

I could careless about fit and finish on a handle as long as the threads are right and tight,that being said the maggards are Ikon quality at a bargain price IMO.

THey hooked me up with some proraso, Edwin Jagger shave soap, some styptic sticks that look like matches and a sample of some cologne. I love it when a vendor throws in some free samples, it gets me everytime.

3 1,356
 08-24-2015, 03:33 PM
User Info
No disrespect to bullgoose for giving maggards a shout out on here. Phil is top notch as well,he just doesn't have inexpensive handles ( I checked)

3 1,356
 08-24-2015, 03:35 PM
User Info
I'm glad you found a good match for the Goose, congratulations.

61 3,796
 08-24-2015, 03:57 PM
User Info
(08-24-2015, 03:35 PM)hrfdez Wrote: I'm glad you found a good match for the Goose, congratulations.

I would of went with something a little more expensive but the wife uses a DE as well,and she drops EVERYTHING. You should see my IKON DLC slant . Didn't  want to get say a dub legend and it get scratched up thanks to the Mrs. She can drop the MR8 all she wants she just might break a toe.

3 1,356
 08-24-2015, 07:25 PM
User Info
Maggards is as good as they come. I hope you enjoy your MR8 as much as I do mine. I have the MR8 and MR11 and when the MR8 arrived it had some knicks on it and looked like it should have been scratch and dent sale. I called and spoke with an intern who had me email pictures and then had Brad call me back directly about 15 minutes later. Brad agreed they sent me a scratch and dent by mistake and offered me to either credit back the difference in cost or send me another new handle and a return shipping prepaid postage sticker. I chose to return the handle and received the new handle 3 days later with the included postage paid return sticker. I would have kept the scratched one but it had a decent gouge on the face of the head part where it mates to a razor head which would have damaged my head.

I use the MR8 with my EJ DE89 head and what an improvement. I didn't think I would want to use it regularly due to the weight but I got used to it fast and actually prefer the weight now. I use the MR11 with my R41. This was a recent purchase so I've only been using it for a week but I already am used to it. The length is shorter than anything I've used but I think I like it better because I am able to maneuver easier with it. Also worth noting, the MR11 is the only Maggard handle that I saw that has a polished SS finish. It shines like chrome and the entire handle is absolute perfection, not one mark or scuff on it anywhere. I just wish they would offer a larger handle with the polished finish.

13 947