08-24-2015, 07:46 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
Last week I received my first Injector. I believe it is a 1941 E2. I shaved with it a few times now and I find it extremely mild. Milder than a Tech. I've done a few searches and found that many members consider an E2 very aggressive. This is baffling for me. I have tried different angles and it all seems the same. I've gone from steep to shallow and listen and feel for feedback. And still it is way mild. I would love to use this razor but after 4 passes the shave is far from close. For reference I find a Tech too mild and prefer something from a Superspeed to a New LC. I think this is medium aggressivenesss. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this just the nature if this razor? I am using a Schlick blade.

77 1,395
 08-24-2015, 08:16 PM
User Info
You can check if the blades has proper exposure.
I have several injectors and the blade exposure varies even with the same model.
It is generally more aggressive then Tech IMHO.

2 122
 08-25-2015, 03:37 AM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
(08-24-2015, 08:16 PM)s869010 Wrote: You can check if the blades has proper exposure.
I have several injectors and the blade exposure varies even with the same model.
It is generally more aggressive then Tech IMHO.

Thank you. I don't have another Injector to compare it too, but I'm sure I can find some pics.

77 1,395
 08-25-2015, 04:50 AM
User Info
(08-24-2015, 07:46 PM)Gabe Wrote: Last week I received my first Injector. I believe it is a 1941 E2. I shaved with it a few times now and I find it extremely mild. Milder than a Tech. I've done a few searches and found that many members consider an E2 very aggressive. This is baffling for me. I have tried different angles and it all seems the same. I've gone from steep to shallow and listen and feel for feedback. And still it is way mild. I would love to use this razor but after 4 passes the shave is far from close. For reference I find a Tech too mild and prefer something from a Superspeed to a New LC. I think this is medium aggressivenesss. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this just the nature if this razor? I am using a Schlick blade.

Good morning, Gabe,

There are a few adjustable injectors that you might consider:  Schick has a few, and I have used a Pal Stainless adjustable -- with great success -- for years.  Remember, it is all about the angle, which is very different from using a DE.  If you need something more efficient -- aggressive -- do consider picking up a used Pal.   At its mid position, it is seriously aggressive, and at its top position it is super aggressive.

Also, try a second blade.  Sometimes, one or two of the blades will just not work right.  

Good luck!

Stanley

2 155
 11-13-2015, 08:11 AM
User Info
(08-25-2015, 04:50 AM)radioman4 Wrote:
(08-24-2015, 07:46 PM)Gabe Wrote: Last week I received my first Injector. I believe it is a 1941 E2. I shaved with it a few times now and I find it extremely mild. Milder than a Tech. I've done a few searches and found that many members consider an E2 very aggressive. This is baffling for me. I have tried different angles and it all seems the same. I've gone from steep to shallow and listen and feel for feedback. And still it is way mild. I would love to use this razor but after 4 passes the shave is far from close. For reference I find a Tech too mild and prefer something from a Superspeed to a New LC. I think this is medium aggressivenesss. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this just the nature if this razor? I am using a Schlick blade.

Good morning, Gabe,

There are a few adjustable injectors that you might consider:  Schick has a few, and I have used a Pal Stainless adjustable -- with great success -- for years.  Remember, it is all about the angle, which is very different from using a DE.  If you need something more efficient -- aggressive -- do consider picking up a used Pal.   At its mid position, it is seriously aggressive, and at its top position it is super aggressive.

Also, try a second blade.  Sometimes, one or two of the blades will just not work right.  

Good luck!
[Image: uHPQvDt.jpg]
Stanley

Try the early Canadian E2 variants, I find them highly efficient. Also try a different blade, Schick branded made in China vs Personna/Ted Pella. The one on the left that the Schick only is more aggressive without being harsh than the black handle Eversharp Schick on right which I find to be milder.

5 272
 11-19-2015, 11:34 AM
  • bjorney
  • Los Angeles
User Info

Could you post a pic? The E and G razors look very similar, but the G is MUCH tamer than the E in my experience.

0 912
 11-23-2015, 11:38 PM
User Info

Hello Gabe,
If there is one patent # visible, you have an E, if there are 2 patent #'s visible, you have a G; that's it.  Toodles,
Donald

11 84