09-03-2015, 03:53 AM
User Info
I like reading good shaving blogs as I tend to prefer to read people's views rather than watch a video.

Anyone have any favourites they recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 126
 09-03-2015, 06:00 AM
User Info
Mantic59 - Sharpologist.

0 14
 09-03-2015, 06:18 AM
User Info
Mantics old stuff was legendary. It was so fun to watch.

These days I don't watch anyone. The stupid habits of over complicating terminology (remember when 'blooming a soap' was just soaking it?!) and daft things they do (taking the 'bloom water' and putting in on the face.... Why?!?!?!?) drive me mad!!

Oh and don't get me started with the people with hardly any facial hair or a goatee beard!!!

7 1,182
 09-03-2015, 06:42 AM
User Info
I read Sharpologist a few times and lost interest. I enjoy the video reviews from TSE, Nick Shaves, and Busta.

13 947
 09-03-2015, 07:39 AM
User Info
(09-03-2015, 06:18 AM)Dipesh Wrote: Mantics old stuff was legendary. It was so fun to watch.

These days I don't watch anyone. The stupid habits of over complicating terminology (remember when 'blooming a soap' was just soaking it?!) and daft things they do (taking the 'bloom water' and putting in on the face.... Why?!?!?!?) drive me mad!!

Oh and don't get me started with the people with hardly any facial hair or a goatee beard!!!

Ha yes those lacking facial hair do annoy especially when they talk about how efficient or aggressive a razor is when a tech would get the job done.

0 126
 09-03-2015, 07:41 AM
User Info
(09-03-2015, 06:42 AM)Hobbyist Wrote: I read Sharpologist a few times and lost interest. I enjoy the video reviews from TSE, Nick Shaves, and Busta.

I read sharpogist and do like TSE and Nick Shaves videos. I just prefer reading views sometimes and avoid the raised eyebrows of my wife and her saying another shaving video!

I've been reading Lamar's, A.don.is and Froogle Jimmy's blogs and they make for a good read. I just wondered if I was missing out on more.

0 126
 09-03-2015, 08:08 AM
User Info
Leisure Guy's blog is pretty interesting.

2 1,394
 09-03-2015, 10:14 AM
  • MattCB
  • Port Orchard, WA
User Info
These are the shaving blogs I keep tabs on.  Don't agree with all of them, and some are simply glorified SOTD pictures, but some good stuff none the less.

Shaving 101  – Great blog with reviews and down to earth explanations of the how and why of wet shaving.  Also sells products
Sharpologist – One of the largest shaving/grooming blogs around.  Good content, but shorter articles.  Great product reviews.
Shave Like Grandad – Great double edge razor blog
Art of Manliness – Not just about shaving, but a great “Manly” site all around.
LeisureGuy  – Excellent source of shaving advice.  Leisureguy has written the go to book for wet shaving.
Bruce on Shaving – While it hasn’t been updated in awhile, some VERY good reading for old and new alike
Wet Shaving Journal – Shaving with a brush, soap, and a sharp blade
Canuck Shaver – Insights and opinions from a Canadian wet shaver
That Shave Life

0 18
 09-04-2015, 10:16 AM
  • srgjazz
  • Santa Monica
User Info
(09-03-2015, 06:18 AM)Dipesh Wrote: Mantics old stuff was legendary. It was so fun to watch.

Could not have said it any better.

47 677
 09-04-2015, 11:57 AM
User Info
I don't do much Internet business, meaning reading blogs, participating in hundreds of chat rooms, but I  follow Eric Burgos on YouTube.  He is a cool dude and his reviews are very good.

He is a TSN member Smile

61 3,796
 09-04-2015, 12:33 PM
User Info
(09-03-2015, 07:39 AM)fly3k Wrote:

Ha yes those lacking facial hair do annoy especially when they talk about how efficient or aggressive a razor is when a tech would get the job done.

Ha ha ha! I have a running joke about the lack of facial hair on youtube. The less facial hair the more aggressive razor you haft to have. Seriously I would love to see a guy with a thick beard shave. That sounded weird but you know what I mean. IMO Michael freedburg  aND the nicks haves are pretty good youtubers.TSE puts out some good things IMO though he's getting more into drama sometimes though.

I enjoy Mantic and leisure guy there's a few more that I don't know their names off hand.

I used to follow how to grow a mustache but for personal reasons I don't want to discuss on here I stopped both reading and supporting his company. .

3 1,356
 09-04-2015, 01:38 PM
User Info
(09-04-2015, 12:33 PM)Otis375 Wrote:
(09-03-2015, 07:39 AM)fly3k Wrote:

Ha ha ha! I have a running joke about the lack of facial hair on youtube. The less facial hair the more aggressive razor you haft to have. Seriously I would love to see a guy with a thick beard shave. That sounded weird but you know what I mean. IMO Michael freedburg  aND the nicks haves are pretty good youtubers.TSE puts out some good things IMO though he's getting more into drama sometimes though.

I enjoy Mantic and leisure guy there's a few more that I don't know their names off hand.

I used to follow how to grow a mustache but for personal reasons I don't want to discuss on here I stopped both reading and supporting his company. .

That's a good joke but true in most cases..lol. I mainly watch nick shaves and TSE, but busta makes me laugh so once in a while I watch him too. However, I don't agree with many of his soap league challenges and I think not having much facial hair is probably how he comes up with ridiculous results in those challenges. 

TSE did a close up of his beard and sure enough he has one, just hard to see on cam due to the blonde color. Guess he got tired of people saying he didn't have one. But I dont watch anyone shave, couldn't care less, I just fast fwd to the lather reviews and opinions one soaps and brushes.

13 947
 09-04-2015, 01:40 PM
User Info
Only one worth reading to me is Bruce on Shaving.

18 713
 09-04-2015, 02:42 PM
User Info
I like watching TSE videos.  He only says what he has to without adding too much fluffs.
Also, he seems like a nice guy who's interested in disseminating information / knowledge he has without any intention / agenda. 
hopefully he will stay that way.

I also like to watch busta videos because his videos are sometimes hilarious.

53 760
 09-04-2015, 02:52 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(09-03-2015, 03:53 AM)fly3k Wrote: I like reading good shaving blogs as I tend to prefer to read people's views rather than watch a video.

OP is looking for written blog suggestions, not videos.

102 18,555
 09-04-2015, 06:46 PM
User Info
What's a blog  Tongue

24 5,849
 09-04-2015, 09:57 PM
User Info
(09-04-2015, 06:46 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: What's a blog  Tongue

It's a place on the World Wide Web where a person of distinction and class tries to lay out his opinions and thoughts on various issues using the power of the written word with elaborately crafted sentences - as opposed, one would presume, to a vertically oriented video with lousy audio. Regrettable the latter seems to be all the rage in this day and age, in sharp contrast to the occasionally enlightening and elucidated weblogs of yesteryear.

Putting it rather thickly, but y'all get my point I hope. YMMV off course Smile

3 4,373
 09-10-2015, 03:43 PM
User Info
(09-03-2015, 03:53 AM)fly3k Wrote: I like reading good shaving blogs as I tend to prefer to read people's views rather than watch a video.

Although they're videos and not blogs, Con Kazantzidis of Shave the Man kinda grows on you. He's informed, doesn't talk silly (bloom water), and doesn't guess.

0 382
 09-10-2015, 09:08 PM
User Info
I like reading my own posts because I couldnt have said it better myself.

8 169
 09-10-2015, 09:33 PM
User Info
(09-10-2015, 09:08 PM)Olschoolsteel Wrote: I like reading my own posts because I couldnt have said it better myself.

Someone whose opinion you can agree with at least 99% of the time lol.

Some good suggestions so far that I hadn't heard of. Keep them coming.

0 126