09-05-2015, 11:13 AM
User Info
It seems like whenever a package has to be signed for, certified or ones with signature service, it seems like the postman never even attempts to deliver it and just leaves the pink slip in my mailbox.

When I get packages from another country, some or a lot of them are registered, so they have to be signed for as well, so without a doubt, they leave that infamous pink slip in my mailbox so I can get dressed, start my car and drive to the post office and wait 20 minutes in the line to retrieve the package. (and I can't get it the same day, gotta wait till next day)

this happens whether I am home or not. I don't know why they even charge people to pay for the postage if they aren't going to deliver it to the end recipient all the way.
Also, online requests to have them attempt to redeliver the package is useless because they seem to sit at the post office whether I fill that out or not. It's my loss if I wait for them to redeliver it and they decide to just send it back because I didn't pick it up.

Post office needs to revamp how they handle their packages! I am beyond mad every time I see these pink slips in my mailbox.
It's even more frustrating if they are shaving items that are held hostage. Wink

53 760
 09-05-2015, 11:22 AM
User Info
Actually caught my old mail man doing this. several times of never hearing a knock at the door and going outside to find the slip,then trying to catch the mailman when his route was over etc.

Well I was actually looking outside one day and saw him pull up and just stick the slip in the box. I hit the front door running.... Had a little conversation with th mail man and I was curious to know how someone's who's legs don't work can drive a truck. I'm an outspoken kind of guy and I can't stand laziness. After our conversation  he did start knocking on my door. After a while we discussed the times he usually ran and I decided just to meet him at the box if I was expecting a package if I was at home .

Now at the new house I've got a mailman that is very nice and good at his job. I will let him know I have a package on the way etc. Several times if a signature is required and I'm not home I'll just write a note saying please leave the package include the tracking number and sign it . The mailman takes my note as proof of my signature I guess.

I'd say OP to talk to the boss at your post office but I've not had any luck there. The employees tend to stick together and when I complained about my first mailman things got worse before I finally had my chat with the mailman.

3 1,356
 09-05-2015, 12:11 PM
User Info
Never had a problem.  My lady carrier is an example of professionalism.

61 3,796
 09-05-2015, 05:29 PM
User Info
(09-05-2015, 12:11 PM)hrfdez Wrote: Never had a problem.  My lady carrier is an example of professionalism.

Our regular carrier is great, too. It's the substitutes that are awful. Most of the time, if we're late in shipping out soap orders, it's because the substitute stepped right over the packages waiting to be picked up. I could see if they were boxes of encyclopedias, but they're shaving soap.

0 1,154
 09-06-2015, 04:38 AM
User Info
I had a mailman like that. I would be home all day, check the mail, and find a slip saying no one home to sign etc. What was sad is that they were priority or standard mail items that did not require signature etc. It then got to where he would just skip our street(s) all together. Not sure how many. 

We had a day where it snowed. Roads were clear, nothing on side walks. Went a few days of no mail so I made some calls. The manager, post master, who ever stated that if the conditions were hazardous it was their choice to try and the postman stated the road was not passable and a other times that snow plows pushed the snow to block our mailbox etc. I explained to the manager our roads were never covered and everyone in our neighborhood has their mail box attached to their house, beside their door. 

They actually came out, looked at everything, spoke to a number of us, and we now have a new mailman.

New guy is great! Joke with him all the time and he even made it a point to stop by and drop off a package at the start of his shift that got placed on the wrong truck at the sort facility. He apologized and explained what happened. Takes his job serious and is very professional!

154 3,740
 09-06-2015, 09:41 AM
User Info
Try contacting the postal inspector it works wonders

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 884
 09-06-2015, 09:51 AM
User Info
(09-06-2015, 09:41 AM)G man Wrote: Try contacting the postal inspector it works wonders

I'm not sure if I spoken to a postal inspector or who I even talked to. I did call the 1800 or 1888 number and talked to someone who wasn't in my area. That did help on one occasion. I couldn't get anything done locally with my old situation,they boss defended the mailman.

What none of us knew at the time was the feds were investigating that post office for missing packages. Turns out a mail carrier had terminal cancer and was stealing mail. They knew they would die before they went to jail and sure enough that's what happened. 

Op also if you have any way to capture video of the postman writing a slip without attempting to deliver do it. If you haft to position a Webcam out of a mini blind do it. Video doesn't lie.

3 1,356
 09-06-2015, 10:59 AM
User Info
Try 1 877-876-2455 hope it helps.

0 884
 09-06-2015, 11:08 AM
User Info
I'm currently in a situation with the post office here's who I called 1800 275 8777 they called me back from (678) 279 7980. The last one may be a one way number . The first number was to start an investagation.

3 1,356
 09-06-2015, 01:10 PM
User Info
postal inspector might be a good place to start.
Getting packages aren't really an urgent thing, but it would be nice for them to at least try to deliver it. 
It just tells me that they are lazy and don't want to knock on the door, wait for someone to come out and sign.

If they have having a bad day, or had a long day, sure I understand, but this seems to happen every time.

When I go pick up packages at the post office, I notice a lot of people are in line, semi pissed off, holding pink slips. I know it is just coincidence, but something is telling me
I am not the only unhappy customer.

53 760
 09-06-2015, 02:50 PM
User Info
(09-06-2015, 01:10 PM)parachutefactory Wrote: postal inspector might be a good place to start.
Getting packages aren't really an urgent thing, but it would be nice for them to at least try to deliver it. 
It just tells me that they are lazy and don't want to knock on the door, wait for someone to come out and sign.

If they have having a bad day, or had a long day, sure I understand, but this seems to happen every time.

When I go pick up packages at the post office, I notice a lot of people are in line, semi pissed off, holding pink slips. I know it is just coincidence, but something is telling me
I am not the only unhappy customer.
I understand dealing with a lot of packages and stuff happens . When they put the slip in the box without attempting to deliver is something else.

They make decent money,no excuse forbeing lazy too many people would kill to work at the post office.

3 1,356
 09-11-2015, 05:01 AM
User Info
We've never had a  problem with USPS. Our recently retired delivery person was excellent. The new one appears to be good as well. No problems so far. I regularly have too much outgoing for our oversize box to handle and I leave a note and I was actually surprised... he walked up to get the packages. I expected him to drive up. I actually wish he wouldn't do that as our driveway can be extremely slippery in the winter. But he appears to go above and beyond. I also tip them when Christmas comes. It might be against the rules, but I do it anyway. I figure they do for me when they don't have to, so tit for tat.

Now fedex... we had the refusal of the delivery person to drive the miles that he needed to in order to deliver on a clear bright day, multiple times. So I contacted the local office (30+ miles away) and explained that there were these incidents where he wouldn't come out with perfect weather and conditions, and what was I paying for etc., etc. I suggested that I could call corporate and discuss it with the CEO. I used his name and provided his phone number so that they knew I wasn't bluffing. Amazingly the situation fixed itself. Then one day I got a fedex delivery in the middle of a snowstorm and mentioned that I was surprised he drove out. At that point I found out what had been going on. The gent I was talking with was our actual assigned delivery person. The person who wouldn't drive the miles would sometimes trade with this guy and on those days we'd get the much lower than terrible service. Amazing how one person can drive out in the middle of a snowstorm and another can't drive out at all when the roads are clear, the sky bright, but it's just cold. Our normal fedex delivery man had heard about the complaint and yes, the suggestion that I contact the CEO did make the difference. They did NOT want that.

32 6,513
 09-11-2015, 06:22 AM
User Info
I think everyone has had a problem with a common carrier at one time or another.

Like any job, there are some people who care and some people who just are there to punch a clock.

In the end, you need to find someone who does care and ask them for help...

...Working as professional associated with retail, I can tell you that being a d-bag never gets you anywhere though (not to imply that I think any of you are). =)

18 659
 09-11-2015, 12:00 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
I've got a few beefs with my local post office, including the infamous pink slips that appear without a knock on the door or a push of a doorbell button. Grrrr... 

We had a regular mail carrier for many years who was wonderful. When a shorter, easier route became available he used his seniority to take a transfer. Since then, his vacated route has been subject to constant turnover. We found out recently that our route is the longest one for the local P.O. Nobody stays on the route for long, and we often get our neighbors' mail which we hand deliver as necessary. Interestingly, we've never had a neighbor bring us mail. I wonder how much mail we've never seen.  Dodgy

10 3,041
 09-13-2015, 01:34 PM
User Info
Up where I am, where the hay bales and cows out number the people, my carrier does a great job. I will find a sticky on my front door if it's raining saying, charlie I left the package on the front seat of your truck! He will also "sign" for me if I'm not there and leave the package. He goes beyond what by regs he's supposed to do. Very happy he always gets the important "stuff" i.e. shave related to me with no notices and I always give him a nice tip at X-Mas.

2 226
 09-15-2015, 08:30 PM
User Info
(09-13-2015, 01:34 PM)Charlie NEPA Wrote: Up where I am, where the hay bales and cows out number the people, my carrier does a great job. I will find a sticky on my front door if it's raining saying, charlie I left the package on the front seat of your truck! He will also "sign" for me if I'm not there and leave the package. He goes beyond what by regs he's supposed to do. Very happy he always gets the important "stuff" i.e. shave related to me with no notices and I always give him a nice tip at X-Mas.

Thumbup

89 21,200
 09-19-2015, 12:02 PM
User Info
(09-15-2015, 08:30 PM)celestino Wrote:
(09-13-2015, 01:34 PM)Charlie NEPA Wrote: Up where I am, where the hay bales and cows out number the people, my carrier does a great job. I will find a sticky on my front door if it's raining saying, charlie I left the package on the front seat of your truck! He will also "sign" for me if I'm not there and leave the package. He goes beyond what by regs he's supposed to do. Very happy he always gets the important "stuff" i.e. shave related to me with no notices and I always give him a nice tip at X-Mas.

Thumbup

you are living in an entirely different world, would be nice to see personal interactions like that here in the city.

53 760
 09-19-2015, 01:22 PM
User Info
In a high density population area, I think you really don't have "connections" to people. Too many.  Rural areas have less people and a lot of them know more about you, as you do about them. All in all I prefer it that way. There is a connection in a small community.

2 226
 10-10-2015, 07:37 PM
User Info
have had this happen numerous times. we always have different drivers and i would say 3 out of 10 times they never bother to knock at all they just leave the slip and go on their way. or the other thing i have happen is something is "out for delivery" and i never see it then the next day its "out for delivery" again. we also have them deliver the mail then come back hours later because they forgot to deliver something. our mail here sucks big time. we deal with a small annex and have no major post office in my area.

16 660
 10-10-2015, 07:43 PM
User Info
I ordered my daughter a little outfit from online . Today our mail lady was out and we had a sub. The sub pulls up and hands me one package not 2 that I was expecting. I go track the package that was out for delivery and it said delivered BOTH of them.  So usps is claiming they delivered 2 packages and only delivered 1. 

My mail as went to hell over the past couple of months.

3 1,356