09-06-2015, 06:22 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
But in case you still didn't know or believe who made the AoS tallow soaps, here you go, a little story.
I bought lots of the Unboxed AoS tallow soaps about a year ago... at the time I really thought it was the only hard soap that I would ever love so much, so I really bought A LOT (and since then I've sold a LOT on BST, I'm sure several of you know Smile ) I bought so many, in fact, that the seller didn't even bother to take them out of the original big box from the original manufacturer:
[Image: 40404a83ed20c9b10d931f8e37d12a5e.jpg]
So there you go, Valobra for sure made AoS tallow soaps. Not that there was ever really a doubt...

A little more: the seller (I'm talking about the first guy to mass sell the Unboxed tallow AoS; there are more sellers of this soap now) isn't a "shaver", so he didn't even know what he had... that is, he didn't know he has tons of the discontinued tallow version of AoS soap. And after I told him about the AoS discontinuation/reformulation and that he has the highly sought out tallow version, he wanted me to help him sell them. But I didn't really want to be involved as a middle man in transactions.
So, I told i would help him advertise them on his existing space, since I know the shave soap market and how people might come across it in a search. Long story short, it was my idea to call it "NOS vintage tallow discontinued". And those are all my pics and notes saying "this is the real deal" hahaha!
True story.

(Sorry if this might only make sense if you know which seller I'm talking about)

59 2,825
 09-07-2015, 01:12 AM
  • Lando
  • This deal is getting worse all the time
  • Bellevue, WA
User Info
Nice story
Love me some tallow AOS
Too bad he didn't have any lemon

17 439
 09-07-2015, 06:58 AM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
(09-07-2015, 01:12 AM)Lando Wrote: Nice story
Love me some tallow AOS

Thank you.
Seek and ye shall find lemon. Let me know if you need help.

59 2,825
 09-07-2015, 07:47 AM
User Info
Love the sandalwood, and Valobra performance is undeniable.

16 1,027
 09-07-2015, 10:34 AM
User Info
Got one new sealed sandalwood old stock from Grant. It's a great soap.

24 5,971
 09-08-2015, 09:55 PM
  • grantmm
  • Friend of the Badgers
  • Draper, Utah
User Info
Claus, I think I bought that one from the original ebay listing in this thread. Full circle Smile

You do know that you're entitled to another one at any time, right?  Along with a sneaky surprise if you so choose.

10 757
 09-09-2015, 03:25 PM
User Info
(09-07-2015, 06:58 AM)Nero Wrote:
Love me some tallow AOS

Thank you.

I scored 2 Sandalwood off the Bay. Where can I score the lemon old formula?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 372
 09-09-2015, 03:50 PM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
(09-09-2015, 03:25 PM)Mitchcumsteen Wrote: I scored 2 Sandalwood off the Bay. Where can I score the lemon old formula?

Sent you a PM.

59 2,825
 09-09-2015, 05:50 PM
User Info
Wow nice haul there. So what's the difference? The only AOS I have ever tried was the cream/cross. It's what got me started wet shaving and the wife loves it. It's sandalwood. Am I missing out on something?

0 858
 09-09-2015, 08:06 PM
User Info
(09-09-2015, 05:50 PM)EJaggerMan Wrote: Wow nice haul there. So what's the difference? The only AOS I have ever tried was the cream/cross. It's what got me started wet shaving and the wife loves it. It's sandalwood. Am I missing out on something?

Yes, if you like the Sandalwood SC you'll love the Sandalwood puck.  I have four Sandalwood pucks, one unscented with four more back-ups on  the way, these and four Tabac sticks give me the best shaves.

1 181
 09-11-2015, 03:25 AM
User Info
(09-09-2015, 08:06 PM)TommyGuns59 Wrote:
(09-09-2015, 05:50 PM)EJaggerMan Wrote: Wow nice haul there. So what's the difference? The only AOS I have ever tried was the cream/cross. It's what got me started wet shaving and the wife loves it. It's sandalwood. Am I missing out on something?

Yes, if you like the Sandalwood SC you'll love the Sandalwood puck.  I have four Sandalwood pucks, one unscented with four more back-ups on  the way, these and four Tabac sticks give me the best shaves.

Hey wait Tom is this the same puck I have you sent my way? Couldn't tell by the box. They are incredible! Hope all is well sir.

0 858
 09-11-2015, 06:24 AM
User Info
(09-11-2015, 03:25 AM)EJaggerMan Wrote:
(09-09-2015, 08:06 PM)TommyGuns59 Wrote:

Hey wait Tom is this the same puck I have you sent my way? Couldn't tell by the box. They are incredible! Hope all is well sir.

Whether it was boxed or not, I sent you the Tallow version.

1 181
 09-11-2015, 04:32 PM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
(09-07-2015, 06:58 AM)Nero Wrote:
Love me some tallow AOS

Thank you.

Update: Lemons that I know about are now gone.

59 2,825
 09-12-2015, 06:22 PM
User Info
man i was literally about to ask about the lemon. missed them again

16 660
 09-22-2015, 02:39 PM
User Info
(09-06-2015, 06:22 PM)Nero Wrote: But in case you still didn't know or believe who made the AoS tallow soaps, here you go, a little story.
I bought lots of the Unboxed AoS tallow soaps about a year ago... at the time I really thought it was the only hard soap that I would ever love so much, so I really bought A LOT (and since then I've sold a LOT on BST, I'm sure several of you know Smile ) I bought so many, in fact, that the seller didn't even bother to take them out of the original big box from the original manufacturer:
[Image: 40404a83ed20c9b10d931f8e37d12a5e.jpg]
So there you go, Valobra for sure made AoS tallow soaps. Not that there was ever really a doubt...

A little more: the seller (I'm talking about the first guy to mass sell the Unboxed tallow AoS; there are more sellers of this soap now) isn't a "shaver", so he didn't even know what he had... that is, he didn't know he has tons of the discontinued tallow version of AoS soap. And after I told him about the AoS discontinuation/reformulation and that he has the highly sought out tallow version, he wanted me to help him sell them. But I didn't really want to be involved as a middle man in transactions.
So, I told i would help him advertise them on his existing space, since I know the shave soap market and how people might come across it in a search. Long story short, it was my idea to call it "NOS vintage tallow discontinued". And those are all my pics and notes saying "this is the real deal" hahaha!
True story.

(Sorry if this might only make sense if you know which seller I'm talking about)

Hi Nero
I bought quite a few of these, too. They are fantastic, and of course I wondered from time to time if I had been tricked. It seems unlikely that someone would go to the expense and trouble to counterfeit soap, but I am glad to know that these were authentic.
Did they come wrapped in the brown "suede" bags from Valobra then? 
Any idea of how this guy came to the hoarde and how much he purchased? 

0 6
 09-22-2015, 03:38 PM
  • Chaddy
  • North Carolina
User Info
Where can I buy a puck of sandalwood?

5 527
 09-22-2015, 04:42 PM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
Matt,

Thanks a lot! The sandalwood soap is outstanding!

Alex

113 1,497
 09-22-2015, 05:13 PM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
(09-22-2015, 02:39 PM)freeodur Wrote: Hi Nero
I bought quite a few of these, too. They are fantastic, and of course I wondered from time to time if I had been tricked. It seems unlikely that someone would go to the expense and trouble to counterfeit soap, but I am glad to know that these were authentic.
Did they come wrapped in the brown "suede" bags from Valobra then? 
Any idea of how this guy came to the hoarde and how much he purchased? 

Hi there. The seller I'm referring to had been selling these before the guy with the suede bag began.
He never would tell me how many he had, even though I asked at least twice haha, but he did say his wife works for P&G (or a distributor of P&G, or in the distribution department at P&G, maybe, I'm going from memory here (as an aside, my mind says: remember, the purchasing department is part of the distribution department) and she/he/they get the options to buy P&G items from time to time, one of those options being the subject discontinued unboxed tallow AoS soaps in unscented and sandalwood.

59 2,825