09-07-2015, 04:04 AM
User Info
I was listening to the radio yesterday on my way to the store. They mentioned a pole that listed the 3 most favorite scents of the population that was poled. Results were coffee brewing, baking cookies, and clean sheets.

As I was placing fresh sheets and comforter on the bed I got to wondering what makes you say Ahhh at the feel. Those things you don't think about that just feel awesome. I came up with 3 right off the top.

A good foot rub
A good back scratch
And sliding into a bed of freshly washed linens.

Kind of curious on what you think. I know shaving related is going to be a big one and if that's all you got then post it. Let's keep it clean gentleman lol.

148 3,596
 09-07-2015, 10:33 AM
User Info
Taking off your shoes.
A glass of whiskey.
Silence.

31 739
 09-07-2015, 10:41 AM
User Info
I'll bite...giving this is a family friendly website I'll answer appropriately  Wink .

Definitely taking work boots off after a long day.

The cold side of the pillow

My chair.

When my 2 year old randomly comed to me and says DAHDEE and hugs me and actually squeezes.

When that redbull hits me at 445 am.

Clocking out of work on a friday.

2 minutes after a hot shower.

Just watching my kids play,wondering how something so perfect could of been created by me. (I know I know that's the softy in me but my kids are my life)

3 1,356
 09-07-2015, 01:41 PM
User Info
Thanks for joining in Otis! Started to think I was the only one enjoying the little things. Got to admit, All of those sound great. I'll drink the occasional red bull, prefer the blue myself, but that first sip of hot coffee on my way to work gets me too. Have to admit though. As much as I love those moments when my little girl comes to me asking to snuggle or has Jess call me at work just to say good morning daddy, I still have those days when I have an Ahhh moment when she goes to bed lol.

148 3,596
 09-07-2015, 01:51 PM
User Info
Gonna add another. Since I'm in the process of it I will include a swig of a cold beer while the smell of steaks sizzle on the grill. Ahhh!

148 3,596
 09-07-2015, 01:52 PM
User Info
Lol no doubt ,we can love them but nothing wrong with a weekend visit to grandma's either..

People don't realize how much we take the little things for granted until they're gone.

I still remember the smell of my grandmother's house ,walking in and smelling cornbread baking or something frying. I remember the last words I ever said to her too. She wasn't sick and just passed away in her sleep.

Things like sitting in your chair or snuggled up with the wife and kids watching a movie, then you wake up one day and your oldest is nearly a teenager...

3 1,356
 09-07-2015, 01:53 PM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
Walking into a cool house when the heat and humidity outside are borderline oppressive.

A shower after mowing the yard.

And, yes, clean sheets!

60 1,626
 09-07-2015, 02:05 PM
User Info
(09-07-2015, 01:52 PM)Otis375 Wrote: Lol no doubt ,we can love them but nothing wrong with a weekend visit to grandma's either..

People don't realize how much we take the little things for granted  until they're gone.

I still remember the smell of my grandmother's house ,walking in and smelling cornbread baking or something frying. I remember the last words I ever said to her too. She wasn't sick and just passed away in her sleep.

Things like sitting in your  chair or snuggled up with the wife and kids watching a movie, then you wake up one day and your oldest is nearly a teenager...

Wow I almost forgot the whole grandma smell. Yeah that sounds odd lol. But man I will always remember walking in to a mix of her perfume, things she was cooking, and just the overall mix of everything she used and the items in her house. No other smell like it but you occasionally catch a whiff of something that brings back memories.  Damn... Almost got teary Eyed now. 

(09-07-2015, 01:53 PM)MaxP Wrote: Walking into a cool house when the heat and humidity outside are borderline oppressive.

A shower after mowing the yard.

And, yes, clean sheets!

Just something about those sheets Max lol. Makes you want to put fresh on every night! Smile

148 3,596
 09-07-2015, 02:45 PM
User Info
Mitchells wool fat reminds me of my grandfather's bathroom.

Another awesome feeling is fall. After it's been hot all summer and those first days when you walk outside in the evening ,sun hasn't quiet set and that cool breeze hits you, I love it.

Talk about sheets lol. We have the Egyptian whatever I dunno wife bought them. I got some extra something microfiber sheets. Fresh sheet feeling as long as they are on the bed.

3 1,356
 09-07-2015, 03:42 PM
User Info
Another good one is going to my favorite fishing spot out on the New River. Walk out to the middle and just cast my line. Only the sounds of the river,  wildlife, and my reel.

148 3,596
 09-07-2015, 04:14 PM
User Info
Gold Bond foot powder in camp after taking my hiking boots off after 10 miles of backpacking.

Sitting around the campfire with family or freinds.

The light smell of smoke on a fall morning while working in the yard.

A relaxing bike ride with my wife and boys.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

4 475
 09-07-2015, 04:24 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
coffee
chocolate
steak

102 18,669
 09-07-2015, 05:11 PM
User Info
(09-07-2015, 04:24 PM)Agravic Wrote: coffee
chocolate
steak

Nice trio! If I can find it I actually have a rub for steak that contains coffee and chocolate. Was pretty good on pork chops! You could have all 3 in one go!  Smile

148 3,596
 09-07-2015, 06:16 PM
User Info
My Doctor makes me say Ahhhh when he checks my throat. (Just kidding)

Sliding into cool sheets on a hot summer night.

A totally quiet house after the loud in-laws have left.

3 193
 09-07-2015, 06:47 PM
User Info
(09-07-2015, 06:16 PM)Carbonfreek Wrote: My Doctor makes me say Ahhhh when he checks my throat. (Just kidding)

Sliding into cool sheets on a hot summer night.

A totally quiet house after the loud in-laws have left.

Oh yeah. +1 on that last one lol.

148 3,596
 09-07-2015, 06:57 PM
User Info
Strumming the first chord on my '59 Les Paul (guitar) reissue after the amps are warmed up.

10 1,708
 09-07-2015, 07:16 PM
User Info
Getting out of my uniform at midnight, shower then getting in a cool bed.

That feeling on your car with a plush microfiber cloth after a cut and polish then wax.. Super slippery water like reflection, feeling the glide..

Of course fresh brewed coffee..!!

20 1,375
 09-07-2015, 07:45 PM
User Info
Hunting with a birddog in the autumn colors, the sound of the leaves crunching and the intoxicating smell of the moldering leaves.

The first stretch after getting up in the morning.

On a windless day going outside and hearing the deafening silence. Or on an autumn day when the air is so crisp that it's almost crunchy hearing the whine of truck tires miles away, under a  sky so deep blue that it's almost purple.

Knowing that no matter how screwed up the world gets that it's on track and everything will work out exactly as planned.

Coming in from the cold, taking the boots off and backing up to the wood stove. Yeah, a scotch (neat) while relaxing in front of it tops it off, and a warm dog to rest the feet on.

The smell of the wood smoke scented meat aroma coming out of the BBQ smoker.

32 6,470
 09-14-2015, 10:00 AM
User Info
the first sip of coffee in the morning
hopping in the hot tub after a long day or after a round of golf
riding a motorcycle in the perfect temp when the leaves have started changing colors

2 58
 09-14-2015, 10:04 AM
User Info
Waking up to a beautiful woman every morning. Better than that knowing that woman cares about you like you care about her. Also knowing that no matter what ,no matter if you were broke,or anything else life would be good because you get to wake up next to her. Cool

Wife looking over shoulder... Cool

3 1,356