09-11-2015, 01:48 PM
User Info
Last night while I was composing a thread asking to buy a sample of PdP 63, I thought I saw a thread concerning trading soaps.  This appeared to be some fairly new feature (maybe since 2014) wherein one could advertise what one wanted and what one had to trade/swap.  It was not a buy/sell/trade kind of feature.  Today I can't find it!  Am I going senile (a distinct possibility anyway) or am I just not resourceful enough to find it?  Can anyone help me out?  Thanks!

Found it!  Okay, I am senile!!

3 543
 09-11-2015, 02:04 PM
User Info
(09-11-2015, 01:48 PM)john parker Wrote: Last night while I was composing a thread asking to buy a sample of PdP 63, I thought I saw a thread concerning trading soaps.  This appeared to be some fairly new feature (maybe since 2014) wherein one could advertise what one wanted and what one had to trade/swap.  It was not a buy/sell/trade kind of feature.  Today I can't find it!  Am I going senile (a distinct possibility anyway) or am I just not resourceful enough to find it?  Can anyone help me out?  Thanks!

Found it!  Okay, I am senile!!
Not too senile to have found it!

39 3,947
 09-11-2015, 07:26 PM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
I suspect there are ther members who don't know about it or know where to find. That's why it gets little action.

I had forgotten all about it. And, I don't know where it is. Seems like it belongs under Selling and Trading rather than where ever it is.

60 1,625
 09-12-2015, 10:15 AM
User Info
Here is at least my second attempt to formally request a change to the the soap trade area. As you can see it got a whopping single response. Hiding it as a sticky at the top of the WTB forum, it gets little action, some members may not know it exists. I think since requests like mine get little attention, and the fact that there is little activity on the soap trade section, mods feel it is of little interest to us as users. I feel if they more it more to the open, created its own section that isnt hidden or encumbered by other forums, it would get way more traffic.

http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=28493

A little side story;
Corvette executives touted the proud fact that black Corvettes were the top seller in Florida. (among the multiple other colors offered from the factory) Yet for some reason, customer surveys said they hated their black Corvette. "Why is this" the execs asked them selves. The black ones are selling great down there.
Well come to find out, Florida was the last stop on the train/truck vehicle transports and dealers upstream were taking their pick of nicely colored Corvettes, leaving the undesirable black ones on the truck. Florida, being the last stop in the road, got all the black ones, which equated to being the only ones sold, primarily in Florida. Considering black ones were about the only color available, as a buyer, it was black, or nothing at all.

Moral of the story, faulty analogy can lead you to faulty reasoning. Hide the soap trade thread in the deepest recesses of the site in an obscure location, it wont get any traffic, and lead a moderator to believe it's not a area members frequent often, if at all.

8 169
 09-12-2015, 10:21 AM
User Info
I for one would love to trade soaps. Thought about it a lot but never knew it had existed before. Sounds perfect to me.

3 1,356
 09-12-2015, 11:53 AM
User Info
I for one am a huge fan of the soap/cream trade thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

84 1,505
 09-12-2015, 12:24 PM
User Info
I've also had the idea of maybe 1 trusted guy could be responsible but a group of say 5 maybe more depending on size of soap.  We do a group buy and split the soap however many ways there are people. 

Maybe rotate who does the buys and shipping etc so one person doesn't haft to do it all. That way if there are soaps and creams that can't be bought as samples one person isn't buying a tub or puck they may or may not like.

3 1,356
 09-13-2015, 03:11 AM
  • leefish
  • Pisciform Cavalry
  • The Netherlands
User Info
Just out of interest, where IS this soap trade thread? I dont see a link to it in any of the posts above.

Ok, I found it :  http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=971

Maybe it should be in selling and trading not want to buy. I dont think a single thread deserves it's own forum to be honest. Maybe a sticky thread can be made in soaps forum with a link to the trading thread?

0 822
 09-13-2015, 08:41 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
That sounds like a good idea, Lee.  I have moved it the the Sell/Trade section and gave it a sticky so it stays on the very top.  Since it is a Want To Trade thread, this is where I believe it should go.

179 23,925
 09-13-2015, 09:03 AM
User Info
Sounds like a great idea.  Personally, I don't soap trade or buy used soaps, but I think it is pretty cool for people to engage in trading.  I think trading is fun.

61 3,796
 09-13-2015, 12:09 PM
User Info
(09-13-2015, 08:41 AM)Johnny Wrote: That sounds like a good idea, Lee.  I have moved it the the Sell/Trade section and gave it a sticky so it stays on the very top.  Since it is a Want To Trade thread, this is where I believe it should go.
Thank you Sir. I think this is a fine place for it.

8 169
 09-13-2015, 03:24 PM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
(09-13-2015, 08:41 AM)Johnny Wrote: That sounds like a good idea, Lee.  I have moved it the the Sell/Trade section and gave it a sticky so it stays on the very top.  Since it is a Want To Trade thread, this is where I believe it should go.

Thank you.  Much appreciated.

60 1,625
 09-13-2015, 07:52 PM
User Info
Well done, Johnny! Thumbsup

83 21,109
 10-09-2015, 08:12 AM
User Info
I just found the soap trade thread.  I'm glad someone posted this feedback!

1 135