09-12-2015, 08:14 AM
User Info
I got a box of Valobra almond scented soap. An excellent soap on all accounts. No reason not to have it. 

One thing though: both me and my wife took a whiff of it and BANG!
We now crave marzipan... Badly... I never even knew I liked marzipan that much - but I do now! And so does the Missus apparently...

What the heck they put in it?
I read that a few years ago, a policeman in Hong Kong got curios about a particular noodle-lunch stand that had a line that stretched a block long while his competition didn't and it turned out the guy had put heroin in the broth.... Do you think there's a chance? ... No .... Right?

Anyway, i am going to stock up on it just in case - that stuff is great!

6 808
 09-12-2015, 10:16 AM
  • v4257
  • Always chasing the perfect shave
  • Boston, USA
User Info
This is the source of the lovely fragrance (in Valobra and all other almond scented soaps): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzaldehyde

17 535
 09-12-2015, 02:28 PM
User Info
A trip to Lübeck is in your stars.

39 3,882
 09-12-2015, 03:37 PM
User Info
It is the spell cast on all classic Italian shave soaps. Feel it ? Wink

Looking forward to using it again.
I used to find it not performing as well as others, but it does come down to how you use it
 as I do no splashing of water or  immediate wetting of my skin before applying the lather it makes for a slick layer of soap on my skin and I can use Valobra pretty much the same as other soaps. Also, no immediate wetting the skin in between passes. The result is not as close a shave but usually irritation free. Probably the way it has been used anyway, and many use their soaps daily... Smile

You have good taste, for sure. It is delicious soap!

21 1,175