09-12-2015, 06:19 PM
User Info
I have been using KAI on my AS-D2 with a great shave. I wanted to try a open comb so I got a BLEM iKon open comb base and I used this morning with KAI and it was VERY aggressive cut myself up pretty good. So I'm thinking the blade I use on my closed can be aggressive like KAI and feathers. Also wanting to see what blades have been working for all you veterans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 386
 09-13-2015, 02:22 PM
User Info
I have started using an ATT Atlas M2 with some blades. I shave myself every other day and have no closed beard or hard, neither, but some hairs are difficult to cut, unless work with gestures and sometimes three passes, being two preferred.
Regarding my favourite blades on its first shave - I'm using every blade one time, scoring and expect repeating the procedure when finished the first round-:
-Red Personna
-Volkshod
-Gillette 7 o'clock SE (Yellow)
Nonetheless it have been a learning curve by which I'd rather prefer shaving cream than soap with this OC and I start to be more careful and confident on the weight of the head. Pressure has to be avoid before choosing blades effectively. Ie, people at the foroafeitado suggests to me Feather and Gillette Platinum, cause they assume the edge is part of the game. But Personna and the other two allow me to know the machine.
Hope being somehow useful, @Rlacrossjr

1 110
 09-13-2015, 03:58 PM
User Info
Polsilver
Feather
Gillette blacks
Gsb

You said 3 but I can't do 3 and all 4 are interchangeable, well I could live without feather now,which used to be my favorite blade. I use the same blades regardless of razor.

3 1,356
 09-14-2015, 04:59 AM
User Info
So seems it's just me on, should I use different blade in my open compared to my closed.
It's probably my technique and angle a person needs to do with the AS-D2. Like I need to put the handle almost straight out and with the open comb a normal 30° angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 386