09-13-2015, 05:09 PM
User Info
I was wondering from those who have used both, which black beauty handle length they prefer. Does one give a better or easier shave then the other? I am really interested because I'm not sure if I should purchase a short handle BB when I already really enjoy the Longer version. Plus, if I do something overboard like spend a fortune on a replated BB, I want to know which one is the better bet.

46 1,102
 09-14-2015, 06:37 AM
User Info
(09-13-2015, 05:09 PM)Ellas318 Wrote: I was wondering from those who have used both, which black beauty handle length they prefer. Does one give a better or easier shave then the other? I am really interested because I'm not sure if I should purchase a short handle BB when I already really enjoy the Longer version. Plus, if I do something overboard like spend a fortune on a replated BB, I want to know which one is the better bet.

This is entirely a matter of personal preference.   I much prefer a mid-length razor like the short-handle Super-84 or the Edwin Jagger DE89.   I hold these with three fingers which gives me just the right amount of control.  The extra length handles in razors like the Super-109 or Feather Popular don't give me any extra control using a fourth finger, but they don't cause any problems in maneuverability either.  I don't feel like I get any better control from shorter handles like the Super Speed or Merkur 34C as much.  For me, I feel like I am pinching them in 2-fingers and they are less comfortable.

0 7
 09-14-2015, 09:13 AM
User Info
I have both and the short handle is my favorite its easier to maneuver especially on the neck and hard to get areas, come to think of it I never use my long anymore.  I should probably sell it.  I do suggest finding one in good condition a lot of people dont replate them

2 58
 09-14-2015, 10:08 AM
User Info
Thanks for input guys! I do really want to try a short handle so I will pick one up.

46 1,102